Obama Chic - White House Cocktail Parties

page: 1
4

log in

join

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Story Here


It’s Wednesday night at the White House, and the era of the cocktail party has returned.

Only eight weeks into the Obama administration, the president and first lady have already hosted their fair share of social events. Indeed, White House social secretary Desiree Rogers has announced that the Obama administration plans to make Wednesday night social events a tradition.


So ... in the midst of this economic crisis when the country and government has no money, Wednesday night has become party night at the Obama White House. Does Obama EVER work????

And what the heck kind of spin is this?


“It’s not so much a cocktail party necessarily,” Katie McCormick Lelyveld, press secretary to first lady Michelle Obama, told FOXNews.com. “It’s a gathering that takes on the shape of the week’s agenda. The driving force is to reserve time Wednesday evenings to have at hand to use for whatever is at the top of the list of priorities that week.”


How the heck is partying down with Stevie Wonder something that 'takes the shape of the weeks agenda'?

Just call it what it is .... an expensive cocktail party in the White House which will take place every Wednesday evening and which will be paid for by the US tax payers.





posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
No , No working, must keep him as far away from the job of running the country as possible.



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Let them eat cake.

Awe....but Obama isn't our public servant (



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
And George Bush wasn't on vacation every other week?

Oh please. Not to make it a partisan thing but compared to him Obama is a workaholic.

Bush couldn't drink (whether he did near the end or not is up to speculation) so there was no cocktail parties.
Finally they've returned!

And its not like they don't have a political purpose...
Same as a Bush meeting-but instead of sandwiches and coffee theres probably finger foods and martinis.
They might even be more productive....



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke
 


Oh yea, Obama has taken a vacation every weekend since he has been in office, oh yea wasn't he just in Cali last night and appeared on the Jay Leno show?

Whatever, he spend the first month and half of his presidency talking about how dire this crisis we are in is and everything else. Meanwhile he hires Earth, Wind, and Fire to perform at the White House along with Stevie Wonder.

Not to mention he is in all an outrage about AIG bonuses and doesn't want to expand government and on and on and on.

So he feels bringing back Cocktail Parties to the the White House is a good idea, while China our biggest creditor is threatening to cut us of and to watch out for their investments.

Also the CBO just came back and said the deficit this year is going to be a trillion more than what was projected, oh and Obama is going to cut the deficit in half in four years when he TRIPLED it in less than a month.

You keep drinking that Kool-aid and keep your head in the sand but if things keep going like they are going and one day when you wake up and bread is 10+ dollars a loaf I don't want to hear about how it was all Bush's fault. Because at this point Obama is driving the final nails in our coffin.



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
And George Bush wasn't on vacation every other week?

Oh please. Not to make it a partisan thing but compared to him Obama is a workaholic.

Bush couldn't drink (whether he did near the end or not is up to speculation) so there was no cocktail parties.
Finally they've returned!

And its not like they don't have a political purpose...
Same as a Bush meeting-but instead of sandwiches and coffee theres probably finger foods and martinis.
They might even be more productive....




Actually, GW was the worker bee. He maintained a rigid schedule and was prompt and well organized. Obama rolls out of bed whenever and starts his day when the spirit moves him. He is late and has no apparent schedule. He is making the lives of his staff and Secret Service agents difficult.

His work ethic is a direct reflection of what our country will turn into. LAZY!



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
He is as bad as george bush, and how much did he do any work, lol.

Just to be a voice for 300 million people and steal others ideas, nice job that.



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He's the PRESIDENT! What do ya think, that he's going to eat beans from a can? Most of us would have every Night, a Cocktail party. So just chill..

[edit on 20-3-2009 by HarryCat]



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think this might be a little bit of a problem in the liong run... A president should not be a star. Did Regan have this problem?



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarryCat
He's the PRESIDENT! What do ya think, that he's going to eat beans from a can? Most of us would have every Night, a Cocktail party. So just chill..


Yes .. he's the President.
And as such he should be aware of the financial crisis in this country.
And he should be aware of the fact that government wastes money.
And he should be aware of the major waste of money on his weekly parties.
And he should be aware .... oh hell ... he's just milking us for all he can get.

Has this guy worked a day in his life? Really worked?



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yep calling people spastics, and spending all night partying, lol. Nice person, does he actually do anything.



posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Nero is fiddling as Rome Burns.

Those who don’t study history are doomed to repeat it.



posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Your tax money at work - Wednesday night parties at the White House


Freedom Watch


Today, Freedom Watch began an investigation of the Obama White House’s reported excessive partying at The White House, with the likes of Stevie Wonder and other high priced entertainment stars. In what in recent weeks has become more like a “high priced night club,” Barack and Michelle Obama have been throwing taxpayer funded parties nearly every night with their “friends” and supporters, with Michelle Obama even exhorting them not to “break” White House property.

Today, Freedom Watch filed document requests with the General Services Administration to determine how much taxpayer money is being used for these "soirees", as financial markets collapse, homes are foreclosed and as Rome burns."


White House Nightlife


"It was right to criticize corporate execs for using taxpayer bailout money on bonuses and corporate junkets. In the face of this criticism, it is an outrage for Barack and Michelle Obama to party on, as Rome burns. It's like throwing a party at a funeral," he said. ...

The report quoted White House Social Secretary Desiree Rogers saying the Obamas want to "replicate the same kind of environment they had in Chicago." ....

Dinners have featured lavish menus including "Celery Soup, Wild Mushroom Crisps, Steelhead Salmon with Citrus sauce, Crispy Spinach, Toasted Saffron Couscous Pearls, Baby Iceberg lettuce with Maytag Bleu Cheese and Yogurt ranch dressing and for dessert, Milk Chocolate velvet cake" – all served on gold-rimmed china.


The Obamas want to "replicate the same kind of environment they had in Chicago??? Oh now there's a surprise. NOT! Only problem is that for the first time in his life, Obama actually is supposed to be working for a living and not just 'running for office'.

ABC News - Drinks are on the house


Hors d'œuvres -- chicken curry, wagyu steak -- will be served in addition to drinks.



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke
 


Alright, help me understand why you're defending Obama's actions in this case in terms of a comparison to his predecessor. I guess this means that, in your opinion, Barack Obama only sucks slightly less than Bush did?

The truth is, I don't care *that* much that Obama is doing this. Is he out of touch? Yes. Are they all? Yes. I just find this attempt to justify Obama's actions by essentially saying 'but Bush sucks' is a bit amusing. It doesn't say much for Obama, does it?

[edit on 22-3-2009 by vor78]



posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I hope he spends the next morning praying to his god.



posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by awake_awoke
 


Oh yea, Obama has taken a vacation every weekend since he has been in office, oh yea wasn't he just in Cali last night and appeared on the Jay Leno show?

Whatever, he spend the first month and half of his presidency talking about how dire this crisis we are in is and everything else. Meanwhile he hires Earth, Wind, and Fire to perform at the White House along with Stevie Wonder.

Not to mention he is in all an outrage about AIG bonuses and doesn't want to expand government and on and on and on.

So he feels bringing back Cocktail Parties to the the White House is a good idea, while China our biggest creditor is threatening to cut us of and to watch out for their investments.

Also the CBO just came back and said the deficit this year is going to be a trillion more than what was projected, oh and Obama is going to cut the deficit in half in four years when he TRIPLED it in less than a month.

You keep drinking that Kool-aid and keep your head in the sand but if things keep going like they are going and one day when you wake up and bread is 10+ dollars a loaf I don't want to hear about how it was all Bush's fault. Because at this point Obama is driving the final nails in our coffin.


AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!!!!!
HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE DAMN HEAD THERE MAN!



posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
And George Bush wasn't on vacation every other week?

Oh please. Not to make it a partisan thing but compared to him Obama is a workaholic.

Bush couldn't drink (whether he did near the end or not is up to speculation) so there was no cocktail parties.
Finally they've returned!

And its not like they don't have a political purpose...
Same as a Bush meeting-but instead of sandwiches and coffee theres probably finger foods and martinis.
They might even be more productive....




YES! Because we all loved GWB...give me a freaking break.

MOST OF AMERICA HATED BUSH. WE WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

So guess what? AMERICA THOUGHT (not I) OBAMA WAS CHANGE!....even though many of us said no he is not!

But wait...he is just another partier! Gooooooo economic turmoil.

But its okay...when the crooks are gone and the economy goes back to HOWS IT SUPPOSED TO BE, he will be the savior, even though this could have all been prevented.

Hate to break it to you democratic bumper humpers, but current main stream politics is a joke MORE THAN EVER.

I guess the hardest part of becoming president is campaigning, but when you have the voice of an actor, it isn't all that bad.





new topics
top topics
 
4

log in

join