Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They tried this last year in Maryland and it didn't pass. I don't expect it to pass on any level.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

On a superficial level the bad things about it are the price increase

Well it seems that is the only draw back in all of this, but it's inevitable for prices of all things to go up and up as every thing eventualy does.

the PITA of having to hang out at the desk and fill out paperwork, not being able to reload at home, not being able to buy a box of your buddies ammo while you're both at the range without breaking some law.

So basically you're having a cry about having to fill out forms, dude stfu. Guns are obviously dangerous, they need and should be controlled in order to check how much of what is being bought so if guns are being misused, the owners can be delt with properly. That's simple and straight forward.

You're an idiot.... I suppose you advocate developing precogs and having precrime like in that Tom Cruise movie???

This is supposed to be a FREE country. This legislation would be a violation of unreasonable search and seizure and is an invasion of privacy. It isn't governments business to even know WHAT guns I have, let alone what ammo....

Jaden

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The more of this stuff that is done the more obvious the bad guys make themselves. The more obvious government "leaders" make themselves. Clearly we are seeing more and more desperation and a desperation that can pass laws but can't really act. There are significant oppositions against them already or they would simply act. This is yet another example of how "lawful" is being used to fabricate fake authority over people.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Interesting way to clamp down on crime. You are responsible for the bullets, not the gun.

If your bullet ends up in someone, well, you are charged for not knowing where your bullet is. Kind of an interesting approach.

And it works two ways, this way we can track what the law enforcement guys do with their bullets, and where all those bullets purchased by them end up.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 It has already started.... Ammunition Accountability Legislation Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo! The bill 20 that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded. Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun! This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington .. Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!! To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

ammunitionaccountability.org...

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by wonderworld]

So where does it specifically say that "no one can sell ANY ammunition after june 30, 2009" ????

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Hi,
It's here just scroll down by the google add and you will see it.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
[edit on 20-3-2009 by Aermacchi]

link   
This is funny. Not the topic, but the paranoia level on this site.

First of all, there's no way that guns will be taken away.

Why?

Way too many guns in the population. I can see imposing a limit to how many you can have, but there's now way they will say you can't have any.

Hunters. Yea that's right. We need our guns to keep the wildlife in check. Over 600k whitetail deer were killed in the last Wisconsin Gun Deer season. The DNY claimed the population was over 1.6 to 1.7 million prior to that. When you see a fresh carcass on the highway every day, knowing that somebody just totaled their car, I'd bet they were wishing a hunter had taken it out first.

Protection. I don't care what anybody says, criminals will still have guns. Period. End of story. I have a family, when some freakshow comes into my house and holds my family at gunpoint, you can bet your rear end that I will shoot and kill him if I get the chance.

Fine. Tax ammo. Oh wait, they've already done that. In extreme amounts. That's how the DNR gets paid. Track it? Yea, cool. I'm not doing anything illegal with mine, ARE YOU?

link   

Originally posted by andre18
It appears you're purposely trying to be misleading, you should change your title to suit the real circumstance of the issue.

How the hell would YOU know he is doing it on purpose andre?

How is that a bad thing?

Do we ask YOU to start coding all your marvel action figures? Do we ask you to code all your hotwheels cars, do we ask you to code your Bull Durham and TOP rolled cigarettes? Will cops have to abide by this asinie bill? How about our military? Do we ask you to code all your Celine Dion, John Tesh and Yanni mp3 torrents? What happens if I tell Barack Obozo and sideshow Biden to stuffit! My right to keep and bear arms shall not be "infringed"

I am not armed when I don't have a loaded gun and guns that aren't loaded are not arms. This clever trick has been tried before and it will fail as it should.

Not because it is a bad thing andre, but because it is NOT necessary and the most obvious reason,,

IT'S STUPID!

You still get to keep your ammo. Coded ammunition is a good thing, how can you see that as a negative?

Have YOU ever shot a weapon with a barcode on the bullets ?

Neither have I and mine work just fine without the extra crap and extra cost.

How are they depriving you of anything, you can still have your precious ammo as long as it's coded. How is that bad?

It's bad when the government is keeping tabs on every visit to the range to shoot. Now before you ask, "how is that bad" (as if bad is the only justification for disagreeing with this) it's bad for this simple reason.

IT'S NONE OF THEIR DAMN BUSINESS!

What is there to fight?

What is there to code?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb

And it works two ways, this way we can track what the law enforcement guys do with their bullets, and where all those bullets purchased by them end up.

Great point! How many cops get away with murder when 20 cops unload on somebody who reached for their wallet?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Ya know, my American friends, as a Canadian, your constitutional right to bear arms and your, some would say, lax gun laws have always perplexed me. Your gun crime rate is exponentially larger than ever other western nation. Living in a border area, such as Toronto, I can tell you that a lot of our gun problems here are imported from south of the border. Your cultural love of guns makes many people uneasy and rightfully so.

However...

I have to admit, that for the first time in my life, I'm starting to see some need for it all, especially in the U.S. of A. At this point, it's hard to deny that the pattern of events are becoming quite ominous. With the world rushing headlong into economic and social upheaval, it comes as no surprise that the governments of the world are trying to disarm their citizens, starting with the US. What they have planned for us all is not good and in the end, it may come down to the 'gun nuts' in the U.S. to throw a monkey wrench into their plans.

I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but these times are changing the way I think about a lot of things.

When and if TSHTF, I just hope people remember who the enemy is and point them in the right direction.

~Nyteskye.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aermacchi
rvel action figures? Do we ask you to code all your hotwheels cars, do we ask you to code Bull Durham and TOP rolled cigarettes? Will cops have to abide by this asinie bill? How about our military? What happens if I tell Barack Obozo and sideshow Biden to stuffit! My right to keep and bear arms shall not be "infringed"

When did an action figure end up blowing somebody's brains against the wall?

When did a coroner remove a hot wheels car from a kids heart and say "I'm sorry, this boy was killed in a drive-by shooting with a 76 vette hot wheel".

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by jfj123

Hi,
It's here just scroll down by the google add and you will see it.

www.snopes.com...

Nowhere does it say that no one can sell any ammunition after june 30, 2009.
And on top of that, Snopes doesn't even say it's factual. It's listed as UNDETERMINED.
Is there another source that does say ammunition cannot be sold to anyone ?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by wonderworld

This whole mess is silly, really. If guns were taken away, people will find a way to get them. If people cannot buy ammunition, people will figure out a way to make their own.

This won't stop people at all, as all this accomplishes is black market goods.

If they want to charge taxes on rounds, and people don't want to pay them, they will work around them.

How will they enforce people not having any privately owned ammunition?

Anyone with say, jewelry making skill will easily be able to make ammunition, if they have the materials at hand.

Well, last night I made a thread about how German PM MArkel has called for unnanounced raids of people who are known to posses firearms, also know as "registered gun owners". They are accomplishing this with the lame excuse that "they must make sure that the children do not get their hands on ammo"... These power-hungry elite will find ways to control us. Their ultimate goal is total control, and they can't do that if the populace is armed, so they will find ways to control the populace by disarming us.

It is ironic that there are still people claiming, "the populace will find a way to circumvent this", when these draconian anti-gun laws have been passed in countries where it was never thought to happen at first.

If the populace "always" found a way, there would not be any dictatorships around the world, but there are, and quite a lot.

Every single country, such as Australia, Britain, etc, the politicians claimed they would only go after some weapons, but people will be able to own guns, well, now all their guns are banned. Now they are going after ammo, and this raids will also be done even if you were once in the past a law abiding registered owner....

What I am disgusted about is that none of this seems to have make it to the news...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Guns are not danderous. A gun is an object, a tool, to be used in a specific way, just like a wrench. Either one is dangerous if used in an improper manner. (How many violent crimes are committed by hitting someone over the head with a wrench? More than you might think.) If you are going to control guns, then you must control object than can be deemed dangerous. That means you have to register you kitchen knives, dude!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

pointless hardly - they are picking a fight with the American People ... for what reason remains a mystery... but if they want to treat us like cattle or a cold computer dictated world -- F them... pass the ammo - I dont plan on using any of it - in what they would consider legal to them... so who the F cares about them any more any way... really they murdered 3200 of us and then rubbed it in and killed 4,000+ more killing 1.2+ million innocent of the charges this country went to war on. and they are still there... what do you propose...? voting - check out Hacking Democracy ... court - check out Stanly Hilton inviewed by Alex Jones .... I mean really what else is there to negoitate... the union...>? I dont know... I really dont know.... so what my state does or doesnt do... means whether we live to old age - I guess...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
When did an action figure end up blowing somebody's brains against the wall?

You ever watch andre play with his GI Joe?

Didn't think so!

When did a coroner remove a hot wheels car from a kids heart and say "I'm sorry, this boy was killed in a drive-by shooting with a 76 vette hot wheel".

Oh I see what you are saying!! Oh NOW I get it !! This is the bad thing that I am not supposed to find any bad a--bout pertaining to ammo right??

Yeah and YOU were supposed to get it that my analogy using the action figures and hotwheels was FACETIOUS!

Since this is the logic you are using I think we should code a chip implanted in our necks so that whenever we go to a bar and buy a beer, the bartender can scan a code number with each frosty mug. That way when you decide to impress me with your staggering intellect about a bullet and a gun, I can justify this and a host of other things with the same someone dies circumstances but Ill keep it short using the 76 vette owner dead on a slab and another hit and run drunk driver they couldn't bust because he drank uncoded coors.

Bullets won't kill any more or any less, coded or un-coded.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Prohibition on home made bullets.

Talk about micromanaging the existence of the American people.

I don't own any guns, we used have a rifle in the house for hunting deer, with a ton of ammo, but my Dad sold it all.

So did I get this right people have to destroy all the old ammo they have been accumulating since Y2K & 9/11!

If that is true, that could trigger something pretty huge in America.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

I completely agree with you. Your responces to Andre's naive opinions about bullet coding and the infringement on civil rights in that respect spoke volumes of clear concise logic, couldn't have said it better! *star'd*

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So nobody here thinks that ammo isn't being accounted for already? Ever notice when you buy it, they ask for your driver's license, and enter it into their system?

And for that matter, how many people here even own a gun? I own three. Two rifles and a shotgun. Why? Because I hunt for food.

And the thread title is misleading. It implies that ammo cannot be sold AT ALL, after said date, funny how threads get blown way out of proportion over a misleading title.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join