It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zombiemann

I brought this up to andre18 at the end of page one and he chose to ignore it and tell me to "stfu."

A compelling argument if there ever was one.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
While it MIGHT be true that there are laws for this proposed in many of those states, one of the sources (Snopes.com) used to try to prove this story true actually says that they have started researching the claim, not that they have found any truth or error to the claim. Basically you've quoted a source that says they've heard that rumor but can't say if there is anything to it, and that's not really a confirming source.

Well, if you don't like it, call your local legislator. But I don't see evidence that these laws are necessarily on the fast-track to passage. LOTS of laws get proposed and then defeated.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
While it MIGHT be true that there are laws for this proposed in many of those states, one of the sources (Snopes.com) used to try to prove this story true actually says that they have started researching the claim, not that they have found any truth or error to the claim. Basically you've quoted a source that says they've heard that rumor but can't say if there is anything to it, and that's not really a confirming source.

Well, if you don't like it, call your local legislator. But I don't see evidence that these laws are necessarily on the fast-track to passage. LOTS of laws get proposed and then defeated.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrevorALan

I can tell you last Spring I sat in on hearings in CT discussing both the coding bill and the microstamping bill but neither passed ans both are scheduled to be heard again this Spring.

They don't not exist but the impending doom with which the OP has presented them is certainly hyped. Though I would never shrug off any anti 2nd bills or measures regardless of how many times they have failed or how obviously flawed they are.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Marking bullets is a joke.

5 min with a reloading press and a bullet puller and that laser engraving will be gone.

One of the guns i own is a black power .58 cal hawkens.
I can get sabots to fire .45 bullets from my .58 cal
www.cainsoutdoor.com...
www.mmpsabots.com...

I can go to police shooting ranges and find 45 cal bullets in the backstop that are almost pristine and with this law would have the laser engraving marks still on them. plus have the rifling marks from the police officer gun.

Now with the sabots i can fire these bullets a second time and the only person that they would trace these bullets to is a police officer.
Match of ballistics, Match for engraved number.

Just how would that officer prove they were innocent.

Or how would anyone prove they were innocent if I went to the local shooting range for my bullets to shoot someone with.

This law is just as bogus as it sounds.

They do not need it,
ballistics do the same thing allready.

This is just so they can eliminate the stockpiles of ammo many people and raise taxes at the same time.

I for one would cache my stockpiled ammo and just buy ammo for shooting at the range.

My biggest problem would be with one rare gun i have in a old obsolete caliber. Stevens Range Rifle NO.# 45, 25.35 cal
I can still order ammo that was made years ago. and reload it till the cases give out.
But will any manufacture make new ammo in these old calibers that meets these new laws. and how much will it cost.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
So you purchase guns for protection against people with guns?
There's a lot of irony there.

But still, taking that into account, how does the Government keeping tabs on the ammunition you purchase effect your self-defense against criminals exactly?

Do you recommend this person defends himself with a knife while the perpetrator carries a firearm? Now I see the irony.

The governemnt keeping tabs on on my ammunition will only prove I shot the perpetrator, somthing that could have been done w/ out coding.

Clearly ammo goes beyond protection. The bottom line our babysitting government has its hands in way too much of our lives. We don't need another tax. Coding won't prevent crime.

Properly punishing criminals will help reduce crime. Not imposing restrictions and taxes on responsible citizens.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Protostellar]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by andre18

go read 1984, take two days to think about what you read, and then come back here and explain you thought on this subject.

I know what you are getting at. A star for you. Go watch a zombie movie and see when the guy's friend gets bitten by one. His friend says, "Don't let me become one of them". The other guy blows his head off.

This idiot planet better wise up. If we get too stupid there could be another asteroid belt in this solar system. We would create a negative thought field so large that the entire planet would go, "Poof".

[edit on 20-3-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Do they seriously believe they can take away everyones ammunition?
There are many people who have been stocking up on ammo. for years because of this reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just went down to buy some ammo.

Could not get any.

I am in Wichita Kansas, we have not had a big problem with getting mostly what ever you wanted.

Each store said that several people came in this morning and bought up what was left.

No - 9mm, 380, .22, 308, 40, 45, 44, 357, 223, 222, 30-30, 50cal

I got some 12 gauge and .410, but they were almost out also.

I know alot of people are buying this stuff, but from what the stores tell me, they are not getting anything. Most think that there is something going on. They have had heavy times like this before, 9/11 etc. but have always been able to keep things coming.

I think the Govt. is already playing with our supply.
We need a whistle blower to come from someplace and put this right.

If there is any evidence they are tampering in this, I think about 10 to 15 million people will be in DC shortly.

I honestly hope they try it. Just piss off the gun owners and see what happens. If they go to fix that, then we might as well make good use of it and clean up the whole chicken coup.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

[So basically you're having a cry about having to fill out forms, dude stfu. Guns are obviously dangerous, they need and should be controlled in order to check how much of what is being bought so if guns are being misused, the owners can be delt with properly. That's simple and straight forward.

In OUR Country we have this as a RIGHT. Arms doesn't just mean Guns, it means all arms, all weapons and ammo. I will NOT fill out any forms to buy ammo and no one else should either. People need to stop being Sheep and Stand up. By the way telling someone to "stfu" is low and I was under the belief that on ATS we didn't do such things.

There are already Laws on the books dealing with crime-we do not need anymore pointless laws.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Draxin

The bill 20 that is being pushed in 18 states including Illinois, Indiana and my state of Washington may or may not go through, however I live in a conservative state. Montana won theirs. They can only buy guns and ammo made in their state. I worry about Washington’s view on this. No I don’t expect them to come in my home and take my ammo, however earlier I said that there other HR laws that allow them to take whatever they want from my house. Ive also said I’m strongly opposed to Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.). Exactly what do they mean by this? I don’t plan to destroy anything, especially my ammo. I’m not too worried. I’m ahead of this game and have enough already. It’s the prying eyes in to my bedroom, that I despise. What I buy and how much is not, for the Fed’s to know….! I get mad thinking about it.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I think you said it best without using unkind words. Andre obviously is ignoring the fact that its an attempt at tightning the noose around the amendment that allows us to own weapons and the technicality of now being able to know who has ammo and what kind seems only to serve those who wish to know what each armed citizen might have, how often they buy, and possibly if they are threats that need scrubbing.1984 is a great example of what all this could result in especially given recent events.*star'd*

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What's next??? do I have to destroy my reloading equipment????..Or are they gonna start putting laser marks on bullets so I can only reload with bullets that have the mark...How about the primers????..and not to mention the gun powder..THIS IS GETTING WAY THE F^&% OUT OF HAND

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven
a bit of a sensationalist title wouldn't you say?

Last I checked the coded Ammo Can STILL BE SOLD after June 30th.

Sorry you don't want your bullets 100% traceable... But if you're putting them into someone and they shouldn't be; well I guess you'll just have to be held accountable.

It's not about disarming Legitimately armed citizens. It's about making it harder for a criminal to pull a trigger and not be prosecuted for their crime.

I'm not a gun advocate, but I'm damn well NOT for disarming either...

That said I see absolutely nothing wrong with coded ammo.

I for one know If I ever have to kill someone I have a completely justifiable reason to do so; to the extent of being justifiable within a court of Law.

*readys his flame proof cap*

bring it!

Edit to Add: Also nice to add an

UNDETERMINED

Snopes Link as proof! Really makes your story that much more believable!

[edit on 3/20/2009 by coven]

Ok so now if I am a killer and I dont want to get caught I wont use my gun or my traceable bullets, I'll just use my good ol' trusty axe. Problem solved and bill becomes worthless for the points you suggest.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Now I know why I have you on my friends list!

Second Line

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by network dude

I read 1984 years ago, what's you're point? What? - you think the government is going to turn big brother on you because of the increased cost of ammo?

Hey where have you been? The patriot act? The illegal phone taps done in Bush's presidency? The new bill trying to get ENHANCED Driver's Licenses with micro chips in them with all the info they need about you within.....They are not TRYING to get big brother on us, THEY ARE. Step by step. wake up.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I called my reps and they knew nothing of this. I also did a search on my states legeslative website that returned zero results (Alabama).

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So basically you're having a cry about having to fill out forms, dude stfu.

Perhaps you should read a recent forum about civility and decorum, appropriately named :If you dont have anything nice to say.... Plainly put, please remember to keep things appropriate and civil.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poling2482

It's not a piece of federal legislation (yet). It's only being pushed in choice slave states like CA, CT, MA. I wouldnt doubt it if Alabama never sees the text of this crappy bill.

I take that back. It was in Alabama last year as Alabama Senate Bill 541.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Please Contact Your State Legislators Today!

Last week, Senate Bill 541 was introduced by State Senator Rodger Smitherman (D-18). SB541 would require all handgun ammunition manufactured or sold in Alabama to be encoded with a serial number, and entered into a statewide database at the time of sale. Encoded ammunition would be registered to the purchaser and would include the date of transaction, the purchaser’s name, date of birth, driver’s license number, and the serial number of the ammunition. All unserialized ammunition would have to be forfeited. Not only would this measure cause enormous increases in the cost of ammunition, but it could lead to the establishment of a database of ammunition purchaser and ultimately the cessation of the sale of ammunition in Alabama. Source

It didnt go anywhere in 2008 and doesnt appear to have been reintroduced for 2009 yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well i guess that means you just have to set up boobie traps.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join