It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Hi, I wish Nugent would do another concert here! Did you read about DOD destroying brass for ammo. Next Homeland Security will be after all of it.

It takes pressure off the new Administration. I think all of us who own ammo will be on the Terrorist list. It gets to you doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm still watching this. We've got a few more weeks before we know the answer. Does anybody still think that ammo will be outlawed after June 30?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I know this'll cause 100 posts of anger towards me, but i don't agree with every citizen being able to have a gun in the US.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Wow....

So here is what I am seeing alot of here

"You aren't American so you have no opinion!" That is so tacky...

So you want an American opinion? Here I am...a military guy too!

They aren't taking your ammo away! I love how some of you said that the Austrlians here were spinning in a very media like fashion. To that I say this...

Why is this thread title you can't buy ammo anymore after the 30th when clearly you can?

Now then...

I don't see the issue at all. What I like about the coding is we can watch who here is stockpiling. Ok honest question now...no trolling or baiting intended at all

why do you guys need to have 500 boxes of ammo?

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

-Kyo

Was the original gun law not set about so every 'american' citizen could protect himself from the British at the time?

(Just something i heard a while back)

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

-Kyo

Depending on what events are in the area I can rip through 500 boxes (I assume a box is 20rnds?) in a month.

My question to you is why the hell arent you shooting more often?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

-Kyo

Depending on what events are in the area I can rip through 500 boxes (I assume a box is 20rnds?) in a month.

My question to you is why the hell arent you shooting more often?

What are you shooting AT though?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lister87

Cardboard and clays.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Lister87

Cardboard and clays.

Haha!

Practice for....something?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

Just practice to be better for myself and for competition.

I guess technically IDPA could be considered practice for self defense but its much more about the fun of the sport than actual self defense training.

For anybody who shoots as their hobby/sport 500 boxes is a drop in the bucket. I dont get why so many people dont understand this. I guess it because their hobbies are sitting and watching television and their sports are Xbox and Playstation.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am not shooting because I don't need to

Competition is all well and good. I have a gun with 1 box...enough to fill 4 clips and I am protected. I live in an apartment and if someone breaks in and I am gonna need to shoot back I am gonna have to aim center mass from about 10 feet away. I can hit that...damn near anyone can

Now if I miss, which is possible for any shooter, what good are those other 100 boxes? am I going to have time to load them all?

What I am getting at is that I don't understand why people need an arsenal.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Because they collect or shoot a lot or inherited a whole mess from a relative or buy them as investments or just have some crazy fetish.

Why the hell not?

It's not like a man with a million guns is more likely to rampage over a preschool than a man with one gun or a man with no guns. So what if he has racks lining his walls and cases of ammo in the basement. He only has two arms, two hands and can only carry so much ammunition.

There are plenty of reasons to have acquired an "arsenal" and only one (paranoia) to be wary of the alleged "arsenal." I know D.C. loves to limit freedom based on fear and paranoia but I'd like to pretend we're a little better than that and are capable of logic and reason.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I live in an area with lots of cattle. I have a neighbour who is semi retired who tells me he goes through 45,000 rounds a year target shooting. Mostly 22LR but that is still more than a box or two.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

No I dont think the June 30th will stick but it's up again in this 2009-2010 session.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lister87

Every citizen in the US should not own a gun. That's for sure!

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
I'm still watching this. We've got a few more weeks before we know the answer. Does anybody still think that ammo will be outlawed after June 30?

Ive tried to get out of this June 30 date by updating new legislation throughout the pages but my worst fear is getting a ton of these.

I cant stand those litlle laughing heads but will take it. We arent out of the woods yet, with all this back door gun control going on.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Police support microstamping bill

The bill (A.6468/S.4397) would require new models of all semiautomatic firearms in the state to be capable of microstamping ammunition by January 2011. The process involves using a laser to make microscopic engravings on the internal mechanisms of a gun, such as the breech face or firing pin. Every time the gun is fired a serial number is stamped onto the cartridge. The bill — which was one of a 13-bill package of gun reform legislation PASSED in the Assembly last Tuesday

www.legislativegazette.com...

Ammo stamp on target with county executive

The measure requires that certain pistols be equipped to mark each cartridge when fired so police can more easily trace the weapons. The measure is now before the Senate Codes Committee after approval in the Assembly. New semiautomatic pistols manufactured or delivered to any licensed dealer in New York would have to be capable of microstamping ammunition starting in 2011. California will be putting microstamping into law in 2010.

romesentinel.com...

How Long We Will Continue To Have Our Freedoms Strip Away

Seems like that is what we are working up to in the world today. Can’t further their agenda one way, back up, go around the back, and call it something different. Registration, serialization of ammo, waiting periods, paperwork, and taxes are tactics that have all been used over the years to restrict our freedoms. Not just gun related, but across the board. When will it end?

www.ammoland.com...

[edit on 24-6-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
You'll note that the Democrats are hesitant to legislate more gun/ammo control. The last time they did, the very next vote, they were out in the street, and they remember.

Foreigners think our gun/weapon requirement/guarantee is beyond understanding.

As for me, I think those that don't have guns/weapon requirements/guarantees are dumbasses.

How damned stupid does one have to be to not desire to be able to defend oneself? Just how sorry an individual do you have to be to be compelled to rely on others to protect you?

There's got to be one serious testosterone shortage in those countries, probably evidenced by BB sized testes.

Not my problem, though.

But I don't want to see your governments putting ads in our American newspapers, begging for guns, any guns, any caliber because you have another threat and you are disarmed.

You did that in 1940, and then disarmed again.

Enjoy yourselves.

There's always another enemy.

Always.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes agreed.

Not only that but guns are passed down as family heirlooms and we also use them to hunt. Some are simply collectors.

It will be horrible to give ip our guns.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
So don't give them up. Don't go down without a fight. The Second Amendment literally exists so that we can literally kill those who infringe upon it. That's an irrefutable and well-documented fact, regardless of how much it scares the PIGS and the crooked politicians.

There should be a demonstration rally on the outskirts of each of the States' capital cities, and outside Washington D.C. Each rally should be scheduled to last 3 days and be held simultaneously with organized gun shows in each of those cities. And in the states that allow carrying of firearms, everyone who shows up for protest should be encouraged to bring one of theirs.

I wish somebody would organize this, and I'd wish for at least a million demonstrators to show up nationwide. Armed. Boldly and proudly carrying their guns for all the would-be grabbers to see. The Amendment Violators would be to downright scared until the end of their days to ever attempt an infringement against the American people again.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27 >>

join