It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't think Obama has much say in the policy anymore.. I think he
recently found out who is really running America. He seemed rather
flustered lately.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

actually it is not that hard to make a knife or arrowhead out of stone. just need to find the right rock and chip it with another to an edge. i've done it already. the key is to take little chips at a time and not bash your fingers lol
and they can be very sharp and hold an edge better than most steel knives
a golf club would work as good as a bat too-(i prefer a driver)- what i used to use for trapping to whack those critters- plus it doubles as a walking stick and i get to practice my swing at the same time

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

Yes do you agree that he's been flustered lately. I think he may have known who was pulling the strings while running for office. He didnt pick Paul Volcker, one of the highest ranking illuminati dudes out there.

Volker picked Obama!

Is this what you meant?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

those pics remind me of the cover on the single for "the number of the beast" by iron maiden. the devil is called the puppetmaster.
kind of scary.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

Yes those pictures are scary. They were meant to be. There seems to be a Satanic puppet master at work in our government.

We are going Global. I dont like it one bit. I'm afraid we will lose ALL of our Freedoms and rights.

Not just gun bans.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You may wonder why, if this bill was apparently rejected in Maryland, this article even appears here.

Illinois: the 95th General Assembly, on January 9, 2008, introduced HB4269: "Ammunition Encoding".

Statutes Amended In Order of Appearance

New Act

30 ILCS 105/5.708 new

Synopsis As Introduced
Creates the Regulated Firearms Encoded Ammunition Act and amends the State Finance Act. Provides that a manufacturer of ammunition for handguns and certain specified assault weapons sold in this State after January 1, 2009 must encode the ammunition in such a manner that the Director of State Police establishes. Provides that ammunition contained in one ammunition box may not be labeled with the same serial number as the ammunition contained in any other ammunition box from the same manufacturer. Provides that on or before January 1, 2011, an owner of ammunition for use in a regulated firearm that is not encoded by the manufacturer shall dispose of the ammunition. Provides that beginning on January 1, 2009, the Director of State Police shall establish and maintain an encoded ammunition database. Creates the Ammunition Accountability Fund as a special fund in the State treasury. Provides that subject to appropriation, the Department of State Police may use moneys from the Fund to establish and maintain the encoded ammunition database. Provides that beginning January 1, 2009, each person selling encoded ammunition at retail in this State shall collect from retail customers a fee of $0.05 for each round that is sold and delivered in this State. Establishes civil and criminal penalties for violations of the Regulated Firearms Encoded Ammunition Act. Effective January 1, 2009.

Another look

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hubby and I are going in 2 weeks to buy some more ammo for the shot gun and my 22 riffle. I also am planning on getting another bow and some extra arrows. I am not going to be unprepared come 2012's solar maximum. By the sound of it that is what the government wants all of us to be unprepared for what is coming so we all die of starvation. I have 176 rounds for my 22 already but I am sure more will be needed. And with prices going up 500% - 1000% I better buy before it does.

Hubby has 2 roofs coming up at the end of this month thats $1800 total so I am going to buy up some ammo when the bills are paid up. I have 63 shotgun rounds so I wont be happy until when I have 200 or more of those.

There are many ways to make hand made weapons. A sharpened stick shot from a bow can even be used to kill a rabbit. I have done that many times when I was a kid. We also may have to start making old fashioned snares again.

Oh well when worse comes to worse the survivors start kicking butt.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

What's weird is that when ammo goes up it should also Correlate with the encoding or serialized ammo bill.

No doubt that if it goes up 500% to 1000% not many could afford it.

Hunters would probably quit hunting. It would be less expensive to buy a whole cow, cut and wrapped, than to hunt. I am buying about 2 or 3 boxes a month too.

I haven’t counted my ammo but have enough if SHTF. Although we can never have enough. I miss my target a lot, over 75 feet.

When crime increases who knows how much ammo would be needed. The thought of shooting someone is horrifying but if someone threatened the safety of my children I wouldn’t hesitate

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
well as i said before pa. is a big hunting state and if hunters stop buying licenses and just start poaching(with illegal ammo) instead it would be a large economic loss to my state not to mention the environment.
people don't understand that the majority of revenue created by states hunting and fishing licenses go towards the environment and conservation of animals and habitat.
so we all stop buying ammo and stop hunting because it is way to expensive. how are we going to keep up on environmental programs when our country has long since been broke? just print more useless and fake money?
this may well be a plan to stop food hoarding since i can't shoot a deer, duck, whatever, and have to buy THEIR poisoned food.
waiting for the tax on fishhooks and line now

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wow! Just got back from a farm store in "Podunk" Idaho,
and they sold half a million rounds of 22 shells in less than a week!

I'm talking a little town here! Holy moly! Still astounds me to think about it!
I'm not talking a city here! Wow! Just had to post it! Some customers
started talking about why they were out of them, they said they didnt think it was cuz of Obama but everyone is just stocking up!
I just said "its varmit season" and wheeled away with my rifle and shotgun
ammo.

I wanted to say " it dont take a masters degree to see the
trainwreck headed our way" but I didnt......

[edit on 19-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Youre right about the taxing problem.

Just think if everyone hunted 2 deer that would be extinct in a matter of months. Maybe sooner. I think my snares will be handy if that happened.

Yes that would tick everyone off if they made chaep fishing supplies too expensive. I'm stocked up on that too. I also bought a net but not sure if I can catch fish with it.

Ive heard of the flashlight trick, in an emergency. I'm lucky to live nera a lake a stream. I could use some help on my fishing technique.

I know most of the ropes but applying them in an emergency to feed my kids would be scary. There have been days I went fishing for hours and caught one fish. Once I caught zero.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Hey we live close by. ½ MILLION rounds!! Wow. I’m calling around in this area today to check on the availability.

I’m thinking Martial law, Crime, and stuff you and I spoke about. I think somethings up too. All gun owner do. I read Paul Volker said yesterday we are in the Great Recession.

I think most know crime will increase. I sometimes must chose to stock up on grians, beans, rice by the 50 bags full or ammo. I usually take turns. Next is more ammo.

There is a store nearby that sells 50 pound bags of rice for 20 bucks. I’m afraid soon food will be worth more than gold.

I also buy ammo I don’t need like 22 for bartering, in the event SHTF. Ive never bartered before. That causes more problems. I don’t want anyone knowing what I have, meaning neighbors.

P.S I know we were both a friend of guiness. It’s sad he got banned. He was always so nice and stayed nuetral.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

i don't always catch a fish every time out- depending on the species.
as for the net- unless it is a large throwing or trawling net forget about it- better off with the sharpened stick
and since i build my own rods and tie flies and stuff i am more than stocked up on tackle and rods- and trout season just opened here on saturday and i have caught over 40 so far in 2 days- stocked trout are so f'ing stupid it's sick

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

It appears you're purposely trying to be misleading, you should change your title to suit the real circumstance of the issue.

The bill 20 that is being pushed in 18 states requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

How is that a bad thing?

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

You still get to keep your ammo. Coded ammunition is a good thing, how can you see that as a negative?

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

My gosh the cheek of those devils!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

How are they depriving you of anything, you can still have your precious ammo as long as it's coded. How is that bad?

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

What is there to fight?

[edit on 20-3-2009 by andre18]

Andre I have one question for you that will determine if you are a friend or a foe.

Do you feel the same way about a national DNA registry?
Everyone of your defense points can be used in exactly the same way.

I know you don't care about my friend/foe reference but I am willing to bet your answer will show us all if you are true to yourself or a hypocryte.

I can handle truth from any side of the coin, it's hypocrasy that I despise.

so?

Also, just as a side note, you make fun of an increase in cost of ammo as if it were nothing.. a lot of people like to shoot for sport, fun, or a number of other reasons, now their "hobby" will cost them a lot more, why doesn't that bother you? Would it be alright for the government to tax your hobby some more?

would you say "My gosh the cheek of those devils!
" if they taxed you for every post on ATS?

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
that was great gormly!!!!
should as you as a friend for that one!!
he/she i doubt will reply but could get good if they do lol many people on here will jump on that.
or maybe they just like the gov't telling them what to and have to do and be a good little sheeple and wait to get petted on the head by the criminals in gov't
i can see it now- "aww your are such a good little sheeple(petting on head) oh yeah that's right purr for me aww you like that don't you? and while you are purring i'm going to figure out how to take more of your money and make laws to make you a criminal(more petting) ok now go out and be a good little robot like i want you to be"

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Yes the stocked fish issue. you can mail me some frozen trout.
40!! Congrats. I think I catch that many in 5 years.

I'll stick to the sharpened spear then and bag the net.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

It looks like you made 2 new friends, me and bigfoot.

Probably 3/4 of the people on this thread too.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

yeah i can send you some trout- i don't eat them- they are disgusting. they are ok smoked other wise i use them for bait or just throw them back.
just fun to catch.
you can u2u me if you want and get my email addy

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Can you imagine the postal service smelling fish. Homeland securiy would probably open the package to see if something dead was in there.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yes we do! I like your style!

Thanks for your comments and reply!
Usually with my name I get all types! heehee!
I'm harmless once you get past the scary exterior!
Interesting stuff! Sounds like you see the writing on the wall also!
There was a big article in the paper about how people were
buying all different kinds of ammo just for bartering!
Guess I should go dig that out huh!

Are you serious about guiness? I was wondering....
He and I were becoming good friends. He showed me tremendous
respect and I will never forget that! Seems to be a dying art.
Too bad, we will miss him.
Do you know what happened?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join