It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I read 1984 years ago, what's you're point? What? - you think the government is going to turn big brother on you because of the increased cost of ammo?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

So you just ignore the whole "not helping police investigations" bit altogether, huh?

Also, a problem that should be more than obvious to even the head furthest up the ass, is since when have criminals waltzed into the local shop and bought ammunition?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I wouldn't waste your thoughts on this person anymore. They are just either mis-directing the thread, or getting off jerking everones chain.

I don't know why, people from other countries feel there opionion matters in the US. They have their own Govt. to worry about.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

You are from Australia, you already lost your gun rights. You really have nothing to add here.

If you liked being free, you'd know why it is a bad thing for the gov't to track your purchases, whether it's ammo, gold, food, beer or anything else.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Welcome to the 21st century.. and the rest of the world.

second line

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Wuushu

More like welcome to the 1st century.

I can think of lots of countries and dictators that banned their citizens from arms and swords and weapons.

You know for all these "progressive" countries all the policies they enact when it comes to gun control sounds awfully regressive and slavery like.

Progressive would the be government slowly eliminating itself and allowing people to be as free as possible.

Ammo-coding is nothing but the government asserting more control over its citizens.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
since when have criminals waltzed into the local shop and bought ammunition?

Laughing so hard it's beginning to hurt. How about the kids from bowling for columbine
did someone just get owned

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Okay. Typically I seperate freak massacres and the everyday gang-banger but yeah, they got their ammo from Kmart.

Explain how the ammo coding would have stopped the massacre, if you dont mind.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

"privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.)" Is something to think about.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What part of "shall not be infringed" is unclear? They can't ban the arms themselves, so they go after the ammunition. The ammunition is part of the arm, so banning the ammunition is tantamount to banning the arm itself. This is straight-up unconstitutional. I consider any attempts at confiscating my ammunition to be an attempt to confiscate my arms- and I will respond accordingly. Sure, I'll hand over my ammunition. One round at a time.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Laser micro-coding!?!? Are you kidding me!?!?
Has anyone ever seen what happens to a bullet once fired? Do these fools honestly believe that they will be able to read an ID code on a fired round? That is HILARIOUS!
Oh, and what about frangible ammo??? How's that gonna work? This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Any politician voting for this ridiculousness should be thrown from office to never serve again!

link   
reply to post by moonwilson

It's all lawyer speak. They only agree with certain sentences in the constitution that agrees with their agenda. All else they feel can be discarded. I.e. the general welfare clause.

They like the section that says the government must provide for the general well-being of the populace but yet they completely ignore the part that is listed right under that tells them what the government is able to do.

Of course most of these people think that documents are alive too.

link   

Originally posted by downtown436
You are from Australia, you already lost your gun rights. You really have nothing to add here.

I was not aware this was a America only thread......sorry for having an opinion.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

"One round at a time" That was funny but true! We all expected some sort of reform. Obama is tricky in his methods. What's next?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

The codes, that are simply on the boxes, that will require ID is enough for me to react. We should make an ammo run and stock up! Will they come in to my home to destroy my ammo? I'd like to see that. There are other HR laws that could give them this right to take anything they wish.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

You can add your opinion. This is not an American only thread. It's one step closer to meeting the G20's goals, as well. We have a global problem, beyond economics. It's all indirectly linked.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Andre I agree with you and it turns out we are both from the same non-gun toting country, maybe that's why.

It seems that only good can come from keeping a record of how much ammuntion somebody buys and when. Considering the amount of shootings and murders, how is this a bad thing?

As long as you're not planning to buy a truckload of ammunition then what are you worried about?
We don't even have guns and therefore don't have gun related issues.

The murders we have in Australia involving guns are by organized criminals and are done to organized criminals, that's all.

In America it seems almost every murder is by a gun.

It seems a few of you in this thread are under the impression that because your Government can't take away your guns that they're taking away your ammunition. Right, except that they're not taking away your ammunition at all, they're just keeping a record on it which seems fair enough to me.

[edit on 20/3/09 by Nventual]

[edit on 20/3/09 by Nventual]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

In America it seems almost every murder is by a gun.

No, that is just the media spin. There are just as many murders by knives and car and rope and all kinds of other things.

The problem with this legislation is that it is my constitutional right to buy a truckload of ammunition if I want.

The fact is that guns or no guns criminals are going to rob, rape, and murder. Why disbar me from protecting myself against a group of thugs if I am by myself.

Further more the 2nd amendment in our constitution is not about hunting it is about overthrowing a government that has become tyrannical.

In the same light how about we start serializing knives and rope and register them while we are it since those are used in crimes too, oh yea and we need to do the same with Duct Tape.

The fact is that all it does is hurt law abiding citizens. Criminals are criminals for a reason, they don't follow the law to begin with.

I'm really dumbfounded at how people honestly think banning guns cuts down on crime rates. All it does is make law abiding people less able to defend themselves and give more opportunity for criminals to commit crimes.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So you purchase guns for protection against people with guns?
There's a lot of irony there.

But still, taking that into account, how does the Government keeping tabs on the ammunition you purchase effect your self-defense against criminals exactly?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Well it depends on how you look at it. I have my gun to protect my family and what I own. I dont want someone forcing me to destroy my ammo by 2011. It strikes a nerve. Taking away my ammunition may be only the fist step. I'm kind of fond of my ammo supply and plan to keep it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join