It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think the title of this thread is quite a bit misleading. First of all it should say proposed bill would make it so no one can sell non coded ammo and not that no one can sell any ammo period after some date
Also it has passed yet to my knowledge anyway

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

As i look at the threads i'm back and forth, it does seem like a pointless exercise as making your own ammo will be as easy as rolling ya own cigs.

But looking at most of your responses i am reminded of a movie....

'TOMBSTONE'..(true-ish story)
Wyatt Earp- says " No-ones saying you can't own a gun... No-ones saying you can't carry a gun....all we're saying is you can't carry a gun in town"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

We are So on the same page about this. I agree with all of it, including the Hitler youth.

It's sad our freemdoms are being taken. I am mad that Obama will make my parental decisions regarding my kids.

I feel like blowing a fuse on that one.

It makes me want to go out and buy more ammo. I just may do that today. Get 3 more boxes.

What would you do if you went to purchase ammo and find it was coded, they asked for your ID and fingerprints and stuck you in a ammo database? Unreal isnt it?

Granted it hasnt happened yet. I thin it's up for viewing in this 2009-2010 session. My date of "No one can buy ammo after June is coming up.

One guy actually saved me in a list to come back in june to laugh at me. I think that dude needs to get a life.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

yes i agree it is misleading.
but if you have ammo noncoded you are now a criminal.
and haven't read that it was passed but it wouldn't surprise me.
and what is next? lead so i can't make balls for my muzzleloader? the molds too? blackpowder? flint so i can't make a spark? then steel so i can't have a knife? maybe burn all trees because i can stab you in the neck with a sharpened branch? which would then leave we had to get rid of all rocks because i can sharpen a branch on a rock or bash you in the head with one.
all that this is is total bs control in the making
they are scared and know it
reminds me of the porky pig episode when he tried to get rid of the mouse

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by warpboost

They do have coded ammo in some states. When I origially posted that June date I figured it could happen by then.

The bill is up for review again in 2009-2010 session.

Everything will soon be coded, just more control.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mr smith123

Well if this bill is passed all reloading equiptment would also be illegal.

It would require anyone to destroy all uncoded ammo.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
yeah ok make my reloading kit illegal go for it
like i will destroy or surrender a $500 investment pfft
you can try but won't like the consequences- 20 people dead just because you made one person an instant criminal who doesn't even have a criminal record and just wants to be left alone and mind his own business.
gov't better start minding there own business and not keep pushing people because we will snap. esp. after my taxes paying for a bank that aren't even owned by us, them give out huge bonuses with MY money, the outsourcing of jobs, etc etc
going to be interesting to say the least
wonder if they already have my name on that fema coffin lol

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thanks for the help! Regardless if it’s an ammo bill a gun banning bill, etc. it’s bound to happen.

Especially with Democrats in control of the House and Senate. There was a post I read this morning about Homeland Security calling private gun owners a terrorist threat. Insane!

This has only begun. Obama has only been in Office for 3 months. He still has another few years to get sh^^ done. He’s going at warp speed.!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

yeah i read that thread also- only thing i am aterrorist too are the poor cute cuddly animals i like to eat.
and as for parenting i believe it should be up to the parents to raise their kids and instill positive values in them- not the ptb. altho alot of parents don't bother
i'm going to go sharpen my stick now while i'm still allowed to have a tree and a rock

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Now that was funny. Yes were still allowed to sharpen our sticks and rocks. They may put environmental regulations on the trees though!

"Go to your local forestry department and sign up for your tree use permit"

Also ask your civilalian national security force (Your children) permission before doing so.

What B.S!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

yep no doubt- next i'll have to register my rocks and sticks so they know who has them and they can come take them away.
i wonder what would happen if i had a sharpened stick in my truck when i go through a checkpoint? could be interesting

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

They would confiscate your sharpened stick.

You would be taken away in a FEMA van and labeled a terrorist threat.

They may also confiscate the freshly caught fish in your cooler thinking you are breaking the food hoarding law.

It’s funny to joke about it now. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

yes may be funny now but i have a feeling if they keep pushing the last laugh will be from "THE PEOPLE FOR THE PEOPLE" and our criminal gov't knows it- why they are doing everything than can to protect their unlawfulness.
if i even began to start an operation such as what banks and our gov't do i would be thrown in jail and totally forgotten about since the key would be lost.
unky ted for prez!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yes they would throw the key away on all of us, that protested or raised an eyebrow.

Maybe Uncle Nugent will run for President in 2012?? Is he a gun owner??

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
At least NC isnt in the coded area yet. So I had better buy up some ammo while I still can for my shot gun and for my 22 riffle. I do know the pistols are all on back order in the pawn shops And gun dealers around the area. And they say the ammo for those are being limited to 1 box per person. So folks are buying up guns. I cant blame them, but I prefer a riffle so I cant go hunting. I wonder if they will code arrows to? They better not.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

now you are being funny lmao
him president and chuck norris minister of defense
now that would be interesting!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The next hurdle for gun enthusiasts.

A new group has formed called, Ammunition Accountability - Saving lives one bullet at a time.

Beware - this is a serious subject and whether or not this group gets "controlled" ammunition passed, may depend on YOU!!!!!!! You may want to call your Congressman and tell him or her that you do NOT want the proposed Ammunition Accountability bill passed. If you don't know who your Congressman is - go to:

www.congress.org...

Source link www.ammunitionaccountability.com...

Here is what they are about:

Ammunition Accountability is a newly forming group of ammunition coding technology supporters. Our group includes gun crime victims, industry representatives, law enforcement, public officials, public policy experts, and more. We are working together to pass legislation to make ammunition coding technology a reality.

Ammunition coding technology works by laser etching the back of each bullet with an alpha-numeric serial number. Then when a potential criminal purchases a box of 9mm cartridges, the box of ammunition and the bullets’ coding numbers would be connected to the purchaser in a statewide database. When a bullet is found at a crime scene, the code on the bullet can be read with a simple magnifying glass and then be run through a statewide database to determine who purchased the ammunition and where, providing a valuable investigative lead.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

That's kind of scary the guns are back ordered and ammo is limited to one box per customer.

Yes we were just discussing coded arrows and sticks. That's probably next.

Someone asked me if they could file off the code. That wasnt exactly the point it is destroying all uncoded ammo and registering it in to a federal database.

You have a good sense of humor.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

No, now you are being funny Chuck Norris for Defense. That is a good one.

"Nugent and Norris" that sounds good. I'm sure Norris enjoys owning guns.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I had this feeling in 2006, so I bought loads of ammo for my guns. Lately I've convinced my girl friend to buy ammo for her gun every time she has a chance. A gun without ammo is not even a very good club. Not to good for stabbing either, well unless you have one of those scary knives on the end of your gun. Speaking of swords, I guess they're going to be registering them pretty soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join