It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

glad we are friends too- just to bad we live about as far away as can be in the US.
i have a feeling something is going to snap soon. whether it is the gov't or the people i haven't figured out yet.
altho the latest shootings showed those people snapped(can't say i blame them) but they took it out on the WRONG people. and i still wonder how it will be used by the criminals in gov't to say guns are evil see what has been happening? now we have to ban them.
time will tell and i know my guns are nice and clean and just waiting....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I'm afraid it will be the people that snap. Bank failures, Bank runs, stock market crash, The great depression 2, store shelves empied in minutes, martial law.

I hope this doesnt come down soon but my intuition tells me to prepare for SHTF.

I hope you prepare as well. It could be a biological warfare, Terrorist attack, natural diaster,man made disaster, global financial collapse.

It would take only a few chosen words from Obama to set off a panic.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Well like I said before, you'd be hard-pressed to find any criminal use of a firearm here where they're illegal to possess. The only time you would is in a hold-up at a service station, and even then it's either a hand in a jacket made out to be a gun or a replica, and even even then it's still rare.

What a load of rubbish, gun control has not affected the rate of gun crime in Australia. Looking at robberies with a firearm alone, in NSW you average 500 incidents a year over the past few years. Not exactly "hard pressed" to find any criminal use is it?

Thats just one state and one type of crime (unfortunately complete gun crime statistics are not that easy to find).

Also, guns arent as difficult to obtain as people seem to think in Australia. If i wish to get a gun license and legally obtain a number of rifles i could do so easily (legal gun ownership has actualy increased since the gun laws came into effect). Illegally it is even easier to obtain weapons, and always has been. Even 30 years ago there were illegal semi-automatic and assault weapons on the streets. That hasnt changed.

You'd be hard pressed to present evidence that gun control has reduced the number of illegal weapons on the streets in Australia. Additionally gun crime was falling before the tightened gun laws were introduced, and there has been no reduction in firearm death rates since the laws were introduced.

Thats the true picture of the effect of gun control in Australia, not the fantasy version commonly presented.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

i'm prepared just not as fully as i would like but i have many friends who are.
as i said before it's why we all use the same cartridges or common ones we can get easily if the shtf.
and i told you before if you have to take someone out take their ammo and gun and it is a bonus if they are carrying the cartridges you need and if not you can trade for things you do need. not many people ever think about that fact.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zvezdar

Hi,
I.m not to familiar with gun laws in Australia. When were they banned. It doesnt sound too restrictive if you can own a gun clooection, if you like.

It seems most countries have one ban or another. I find it odd they are going after ammo.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I was going to buy some ammo I dont use the poplular 22, in case SHTF this way I could trade for food or anything if martial law occured. Know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

i know exactly what you mean. 22 lr is arguably the most popular and abundant cartridge- and it's cheap!!!! you can buy a block of 1000 rounds here for about $40- $60 depending on brand name and if its hyper velocity or not. i have found cci the most accurate and consistent. personally i like my 22 wmr. not as popular but alot of people have them also. and it is one nasty little round and very accurate. has a bit of a crack but no more than a firecracker really and i rarely miss with that thing- i can hit a squirrel in the head at 75+ yards with it and it is capable of bringing down a deer with a well placed shot.
the only problem with any factory ammo is you will always get some "flyers" in the box- that is why i started reloading so i have the consistency but you can't reload rimfires unfortunately

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I'd like to get a 22 short. It wouldnt do much damage and is so small. It's probaly better suited for me than my 44 mag. That thing has a kickback. I feel like wearing a helmet and thumb splint.

But yes it's the most common and if SHTF it could come in handy to trade with.

I try to think ahead and cover all the bases. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, big brother...maybe...
Just gonna make more "criminals" - if you want your gun and ammo, you're going to find a way to have your gun and ammo; if the taxes and restrictions and whatever is out there get in your way, and you want to have what you want badly enough, you'll find a way around...legal or not, safe or not....
But then that will be used against people too.

People will want to fight for rights and protest and everything else. (well lots already are, I know, but talk about put on all the more pressure)
At the same time, I wonder if this is being done so that if people DO get out of hand (or at least it can be easily made to look that way) or there is an increase in illegal gun/ammo related activity, they can accelerate the whole martial law thing...
And make everything worse for everyone. Super.
This is the frustrating thing, because I don't think people should calmly sit back and let this sort of stuff happen to them either, but it almost seems like a trap now.

I'm not all that wise in this area, but this is what comes to my mind in response, anyhow..

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

Your right we should do something about this. I was surprised when I read the bill and it said there was not much interest from either gun owners or those who oppose gun bans.

Here is the link from my state;

apps.leg.wa.gov...

I have a problem with showing a Real ID card, figerprinting and loading how much of which caliper I own to a Federal data base.

It's coming all right. It's also up for review again in the 2009-2010 session.

The lastest bill in fron New York.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
they should completely outlaw guns and ammo anyways so many people die form guns every day it is awful if people need to protect themselves use a knife or a taser gun, I also think that there shouldn't even be guns in the military but then if everyone got along we wouldn't need military

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

They found that 90% of all muders occured with a non-Gun method. It's listed in my initial post. A meber reminded me of this.

n the wrong hands I agree. Most us us use guns to protect our family from intrusions from meth head or robberies, to hunt food.

Guns are not dangerous. It's those criminals that give us all a bad rap.

We have the right to bear arms. These new bills will try to quash our Freedoms.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i agree they shouldn't change the constitution and the right to bear arms, but you have to think when the constitution was made it was a different era and in most cases less dangerous then now, it is outdated and some things need to be changed, I think all the propaganda on how guns protect us is a load of bull when you here about little kids getting into there mommy's and daddy's guns and shooting themselves or others, in all honesty if no one in the whole world had guns why would that be so bad?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brooklyn87

Any one that desnt keep their guns locked up with kids in the house are crazy. I've heard several horror stoies about this.

Think about all the school shooting. they were a result of poor parental safety.

If this gets any worse I'll be the first to introduce out new

Independence dates 1776-2009

This is a serialized encoded ammo form for registration to database

[edit on 10-4-2009 by wonderworld]

[edit on 11-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

you don't want the short- that is strictly for target shooting and has no power to it. i tried it on a squirrel once and took me 3 shots to kill it and it was close.
besides a 22 lr can fire the shorties(only in a single shot or revolver tho)- same as a 357 mag can shoot 38 special. why i talked my gf into getting a snubby 357 to carry- not sure if she can handle the 357 but i know she can the 38 since she has shot my 45 many times. plus with her not knowing anything about guns except what i taught her so far a revolver is reliable and very easy to clean- esp. since i talked her into spending the extra $50 for stainless. perfect starting gun.
but as for the 22 short that is even lower scum than the pissass 25 acp- all you are going to do is make someone mad when you hit them- be better off using your fists

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Youre right about using my fists, than to tick someone off by shooting them with a pea gun.

Funny story about the squirrel taking 3 hits. I was joking about the shorty. My 44 mag revolver is useful for both hunting and self defense.

It would be a cute little gun just for collectors sakes.

The 44 can do a lot of damage.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

oh i know about the 44 mag but definitely not a small game round LOL
might as well use a howitzer lol
and the recoil is way to much for many people
i always wanted a 10mm- kind of a cross between 357 and 44 but they are hard to find and so is the ammo
i'll stick to my 45, 30/06, ak47 and 22 wmr
more than enough for anything- the only problem is lugging all of them around with ammo

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Yes you are right that's why I want a helmet and a thumb splint when I fire the 44.

It's almost too much for me. I dont know all guns and one you mentioned but I'll take your word on it.

Yes hunting a squirrel with a 44 would be a waste of meat.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

yeah 44 does have a nice recoil to it lol
waste of meat no doubt- if you can even hit it.
squirrels are tricky little bastards to get- they are smarter than most people think- in the woods they are not the cute little critters that run around your yard and not afraid of you- they are very wary
squirrels are a good reliable source of protein and tasty too- just a bitch to clean when cold.
i recommend cleaning them while still warm- that way you don't need a winch to get their skin off.
and if you want to know anything about guns some of my friends and i on here will answer any questions you have.
can always u2u me too if you want
and there is a trick to shooting small game with a high power gun called "barking"
you shoot just in front of the animal and the bullet explodes and kills it or the bark does as it makes shrapnel hence "barking"
never tried it- not going to waste a 30/06 shell on a lousy squirrel or rabbit

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Well I bought a book on how to hunt and trap small game. I think it's easier to trap them with small snares the other. I havent tried yet.

Ive been encouraged to apply my survival skills before I actually need to use them. I have a flint fire starter and should try it now. Many other surival devices, as well.

Have you ever used that deer estrogen to attact a buck? Does it work? I also bought a turkey call but havent figured out how to use the dang thing.

The way I have it figured is if everyone near me shot 2 deer there wouldnt be any left if SHTF. I live rural.

The thought of drying out worms to make protein power is the last on my list. ICK.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join