It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subject: No one can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i can understand where they are coming from to trace ammo, (which is bs to begin with)but you also have to understand that these lawmakers believe they can stop crime by making these laws. pffffft they go home to their security gaurded homes and have no i dea what the real world is like because they have never even had to wipe their asses.
i don't have alot of ammo but i have about 60 rounds of 30/06 i reloaded and about 100 in 357 and another 100 in 7.62x39. oh and 22 wmr and about50 in .45 acp.
they think i am willing to destroy what i spent money on- yeah ok think that
i'll make a huge bonfire wait for the police or whomever to show up and just throw it all in the fire and say "there now it's destroyed!!! sorry 18 of you were hurt or killed by it but you wanted me to destroy it so i did"
i am a very law abiding citizen, i love guns, i love to hunt, but have never pulled my 45 on anyone even though i do carry it everywhere. do i hope to? no. if need be for my safety or someoneelses will i? yes
and has been posted before what if someone steals my coded ammo and commits a crime now what do i do? lots of legal fees is what will happen

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

I’m sure there is more to it than they say. It wont prevent crime!

I think you should have more than 60 rounds of 30/06 and more of the rest too.

Can you believe that a person would be required to destroy their reloaded ammo too. They will put a high tax on the reloading equipment too; rather make it illegal to reload uncoded ammo.

So what happens when you find someone else’s left behind casings to reload and they are coded to a different ID on the database??

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

yes i agree i should have more rounds of everything- not just 30/06- but i am in financial dire straits so alas that is what i have as of now
and if you read back through the thread- i posted earlier what is going to happen to reloaders? will they make you buy coded bullets, coded dies, register for powder, primers etc? or maybe even make you register to be a reloader? not sure- don't care- they can try to take it if they want- but they better be prepared for what happens when they try

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Obviously you don't understand what it is to have a right being infringed by lopholes in the system.

I see you are Australian, if you like to have your weapons banned, and you don't care if you are being required to destroy the ammo millions of people currently have because TPTB want more control that is your problem.

This is an infrigement on the right of every American citizen to own and bear arms. What are firearms without ammunition?

This gives TPTB more control, and it will mean Americans can only have a certain amount of ammo.

All those people that voted in favor of your claims are wrong, just like you are wrong.

Again, if you like your weapons being banned, since you live in Australia, that is your problem.

[edit on 24-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
BTW, here is a site that has letters on part of what they are planning to do.

www.theshootist.net...

This is not going to stop crime. Criminals will buy ammo, just like they buy weapons in the black market, which means the bullets they will be using will not be encoded.

This plan is to have control over the law abiding citizens, and essentially to ban all Americans the right to own, and bear firearms by going after the ammo.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Pretty extraordinary measures to alleviate a mere 1% of the fatalities in America annually. Of all the fatalities (that means death by causes other than natural) in this country every year, guns account for only 1%... That's from the current U.S. Census.

So, they want to be able to trace ALL ammo, eh? There's no way in hell that this targets criminals. It's about targeting the legal owners and legal buyers of ammo. How does "suspicion of possessing uncoded ammunition" sound to you? Sounds like a reason to search your property and seize your ammo and firearms. Because, face it, American gun-owners have already stockpiled a hell of a lot of uncoded ammo. This is the Fed's ticket to search & seize.

To which I reply, lock & load.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Wow, Does my profile say I’m Australian? I’m tall and blonde like an Australian but I’m 100% USA, with 98% German ancestry.

What do you mean when you say “you don't understand what it is to have a right being infringed by loopholes in the system?

I guess I’m not following you correctly? Are you saying all US citizens that bear arms are infringing upon the rights of those that don’t?

What again is my problem. Please reiterate?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I feel he same way. Lets be friends. The reloading part isnt defined enough is it?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Sorry I thought you said I was the Australian. oops

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That is a good article. Have you read the bill from my state. The resistration of ammo is very interesting.

www.leg.wa.gov..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

ok i'll add you as a friend.
only thing this ammo thing will do is help the criminals and politicians oops sorry for being redundant

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

So, what will happen to those who reload their own ammo?

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Great. Do worry about the redundant thing. All is good.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ive been aware of this .. this bill was in missouri senate last year. unless i am incorect this is a dead bill in mo.. it did not pass and i helped, i wrote state senators and our governor to express my feelings against this bill. the reply i got from the gov office was that this bill was dead and will not become law in mo.

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by orion2506

I'm glad to see someone act on this bill.

Yes this bill has been bouncing around and is up for review again this year.

The difference is we have a gun regulating President, House and Senate.

The coded thing will eventually pass they already have coded ammo! See here.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Most ammo shelves are empty right now. Some is available. I've never seen such a problem before.

Shot gun shells are plentiful, but could not find .38 or .357 last week!

Not sure why.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's ok, we have over 1 million loaders and several haundred tons of metal to make them... they can only stop -- law abiding citizens.... the crooks out number both Law Enforcement and the citizentry... let one crook get killed by a illegal bullet.... if he is prosecuted - thats the opening shot... let the power flow back to the people... it will one way or another...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rundog

Luckily I have been stocked up since September.

I cant find any 44 mag ammo. They are out of that too. I only checked 2 stores lately and have called about 4 others.

They say they order a few cases at a time but dont recieve all of it. They are shorted a few cases because of the huge demand.

Ive heard the same from several others, in other states.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Pretty extraordinary measures to alleviate a mere 1% of the fatalities in America annually. Of all the fatalities (that means death by causes other than natural) in this country every year, guns account for only 1%... That's from the current U.S. Census.

So, they want to be able to trace ALL ammo, eh? There's no way in hell that this targets criminals. It's about targeting the legal owners and legal buyers of ammo. How does "suspicion of possessing uncoded ammunition" sound to you? Sounds like a reason to search your property and seize your ammo and firearms. Because, face it, American gun-owners have already stockpiled a hell of a lot of uncoded ammo. This is the Fed's ticket to search & seize.

To which I reply, lock & load.

— Doc Velocity

I agree 100% and like I said before, the reasons they site for coding ammo in my opinion are just thin veils of justifications...The point you makes about law enforcement trying to search and seize seem very scarily possible in a future where coding is accepted....Not just that though, stockpiling uncoded ammo and being searched, in such audacious moves as have been seen lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to seize your weapons as a result, trying to impose a restriction on your permits for owning uncoded ammo....Its a dirty sham and they damn well know it!

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
my gf just bought a rossi 357mag revolver w/2" barrel(not sure how good rossi's are) and she only knows about guns from what i told her in the past year. i told her to get the revolver because they are simple and once you understand about guns you can then step up to an auto.you can handle a 38 special in it but not sure if you can the 357 so we shall see. i've let her shoot my 45 and she can handle that so 38 she should be able to handle.
but i digress and to get back on topic my local gun store had cases upon cases of ammo in any popular cartridge you want and they actually got a shipment while we were waiting for instacheck to clear her.
the owner did say sales were way up but he has a good supplier and he has ordered close to 10x as much in the past 6 months as he did for all of the past year. he has lots of gunpowder too and primers(blackpowder he didn't have- was out) and he said that is going fast too. so i guess us reloaders are wising up and those who can afford it are stocking up. i wouldn't doubt before long when the criminals(gov't) figure this out you will have to be registered just to buy any powder, primers, etc
and they will tax it and make it so expensive that you will have to buy it on the black market thus making you a criminal just like they are but with the exception you will go to jail

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join