Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Maggots and MSM

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I suggest opening these two links side by side for comparison.

abcnews.go.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I just stumbled across this today and thought it was interesting and a litttle amusing.

It just illustrated to me how various MSM organisatons see things in different ways. Also it is a weird coincidence that these reports appeared on the same day.

It also makes me wonder what other news reports are contradictory, also how much faith we can put in MSM.

I realise this isn't ground breaking but it's interesting if you're bored...which I am!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Okay,

Firstly, I am not of the opinion that the two articles are contradicting each other at all. They both seem to be saying the same thing but in diferent ways.

You also need to remember that the texts are inevitably going to differ in some ways because of the differing audiences and house styles of the institutions involved.

The ABC article is more to do with the attitudes of patients towards larval therapy whereas the BBC article is more straightforward reporting of the findings of a study.

So, unfortunately, I am not able to agree that this demonstrates variation in the MSM in any other way than shoing how articles differ in purpose, structure, audience.

Peace,

MGGG

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go

I am not able to agree that this demonstrates variation in the MSM in any other way than shoing how articles differ in purpose, structure, audience.

I do agree..since they are using two different sources for their articles. Although the titles do strike me as complete opposites:

Maggot therapy hope 'premature'
VS
Maggots' Taste For Flesh May Cure Leg Ulcers

I know it wasn't the strongest example but I still find the coincidence interesting!

new topics

join