It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel troops admit Gaza abuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Israel troops admit Gaza abuses

news.bbc.co.uk

"[The testimonies] conveyed an atmosphere in which one feels entitled to use unrestricted force against Palestinians," academy director Dany Zamir told public radio.

Heavy civilian casualties during the three-week operation which ended in the blockaded coastal strip on 18 January provoked an international outcry.

Correspondents say the testimonies undermine Israel's claims that troops took care to protect non-combatants and accusations that Hamas militants were responsible for putting civilians into harm's way.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The deliberate targetting of civilians was something that was vehemently denied by both the israeli authorities and their supporters.

However, those denies are hollow in the light of the testimony given by soldiers to an Israeli military college.

Testimony includes soldiers who saw a high number of Rabbi's, both military and non military who were distributing literature calling this a holy war where non gentiles were to be uprooted if they interfered with this "re-conquering the Holy Land."

If ever there was any doubt about the deliberate targetting of civilians, this must surely put that to rest.

It seems clearer than ever that war crimes were committed with the (at least) tacit approval of the Israeli government and religious leaders.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
governments lie.
then the people die.
so you have a cry.
so why do we try... you ask yourself.

You dang american's sit there and question your leader when he makes a decision. so far the decision to step back from isreal and seek a greater resolution is appearing to be a good one.

but hey you guys can take the ShizzA out of that guy all you want.

you should get as far away from isreal as possible.
cos when the ShizzA goes down, you better be ready.

YOU BETTER BE READY!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
governments lie.
then the people die.
so you have a cry.
so why do we try... you ask yourself.

You dang american's sit there and question your leader when he makes a decision. so far the decision to step back from isreal and seek a greater resolution is appearing to be a good one.

but hey you guys can take the ShizzA out of that guy all you want.

you should get as far away from isreal as possible.
cos when the ShizzA goes down, you better be ready.

YOU BETTER BE READY!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
More from the article:

In another cited case, a commander ordered troops to kill an elderly woman walking on a road, even though she was easily identifiable and clearly not a threat.

Testimonies, which were given by combat pilots and infantry soldiers, also included allegations of unnecessary destruction of Palestinian property.

One non-commissioned officer related at the seminar that an old woman crossing a main road was shot by soldiers.

"I don't know whether she was suspicious, not suspicious, I don't know her story… I do know that my officer sent people to the roof in order to take her out… It was cold-blooded murder," he said.

source

Straight from the horses mouth - cold blooded murder.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It's not enough to target & kill innocent women and children, but in the Israel army, you're not considered man enough until you've bragged about it. Sickos!!!
Time for the world to tell the Israeli government where to get off.

Israeli Army T-Shirts Mock Gaza Killings

sabbah.biz...

[edit on 22-3-2009 by kindred]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Just a heads up...

Much of the same subject already deliberating on here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Amazingly even in light of so many of these disturbing revelations, the Israel propaganda machine will some how spin this in a way that will appear all to justifiable to all to many people.

The politics of pseudo religion and pseudo democracy seems to discolor human compassion, empathy and reason all too easily.

In a region of the world where the enemy of my enemy is my friend, it’s little wonder Israelis and Jews and Zionists around the world were caught dancing jigs on September 11, 2001.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

i cant really say what i think about the small country with an I for

its first letter, just that id be banned for what i could say

top topics

join