It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black candidate wants to solve crime with 'noose'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Black candidate wants to solve crime with 'noose'

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090320/ap_on_re_us/mississippi_candidate_noose[/url]

Down here in the Deep South, calls to bring back the hanging noose are coming from an unlikely source: a 62-year-old, black Republican mayoral candidate in Mississippi's largest city.

Long-shot George Lambus acknowledges his inflammatory platform has made some residents of Jackson slam doors in his face. Others walked out of a church where he spoke. Yet he insists his tough stand is welcome in some quarters of a state capital racked by crime, much of it black-on-black.

As the only GOP hopeful among nearly a dozen Democrats and four independents, his chances of winning the June election are slim: the majority-black city of about 180,000 is so heavily Democratic that no Republican has won the mayor's race in modern history. Yet, Lambus hopes to stand out in a crowded field by packing a silver pistol and talking bluntly about crime.

"Crime can only be alleviated by a noose and a stout tree limb," Lambus wrote in one of several homemade flyers he passes out in Jackson neighborhoods.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-3-2009 by jam321]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have heard of politicians running on a get tough on crime campaign, but this one takes the cake. The man is actually advertising bringing back hanging to combat crime. I can see why many fellow black people would be offended based on their ancestors past history with the noose.

I like his view about guns, but I got a feeling the only votes he will be getting are from members of the KKK. The GOP party isn't even supporting him, not that I don't blame them.

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090320/ap_on_re_us/mississippi_candidate_noose[/url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

having trouble with source, here it is

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Actually, I believe that this politician was being rhetorical when he made that statement, but said it for the 'wake-up' value only. Him being a black man, having obviously lived through the Civil Rights movement, has become saddened and then hardened, as most of us up-standing black intellectuals. He made that statement to show how hurt he is at the all-too-often black crime rate, and rightfully so.

The decline of the black race as it pertains to politically unawareness, crime, and low-education is what ails many of us Blacks, and therefore, I have switched political parties to vote Republican instead of Democratic.
edit on 17-3-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by jam321

Actually, I believe that this politician was being rhetorical when he made that statement, but said it for the 'wake-up' value only. Him being a black man, having obviously lived through the Civil Rights movement, has become saddened and then hardened, as most of us up-standing black intellectuals. He made that statement to show how hurt he is at the all-too-often black crime rate, and rightfully so.

The decline of the black race as it pertains to politically unawareness, crime, and low-education is what ails many of us Blacks, and therefore, I have switched political parties to vote Republican instead of Democratic.

If there was a way to nominate a post for some kind of award for an intellectually effective yet still diplomatic post on a sensitive "touch-paper" subject, then I would. Perhaps I'll start my own award. Consider yourself the first ever nominee for the "EB Award for Forthright Posting" or "Bobbies" for short.

I believe this is not limited to any particular race but I would agree that the effects seem to be significantly more apparant in some communities. I do strongly believe these communities are being "farmed" for political/electoral advantage and will never be allowed to improve in case they vote for the "wrong" people.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Lord knows I abhor lies.

The only reason lynching is associated with racism is because it is a tool of the left.

yes, 3500 black men were lynched. During the exact same period of time more than 2500 white men were lynched also.

Now I don't condone it but I also don't condone lying about it either.

All of those men black and white were lynched because they were arrested for violent crimes.

just another tool to keep people brainwashed. Google is your friend.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob

reply to post by jam321

If there was a way to nominate a post for some kind of award for an intellectually effective yet still diplomatic post on a sensitive "touch-paper" subject, then I would. Perhaps I'll start my own award. Consider yourself the first ever nominee for the "EB Award for Forthright Posting" or "Bobbies" for short.

I believe this is not limited to any particular race but I would agree that the effects seem to be significantly more apparant in some communities. I do strongly believe these communities are being "farmed" for political/electoral advantage and will never be allowed to improve in case they vote for the "wrong" people.

Thanks

I even notice when I try to wake up other blacks to the realization of the Democratic Party's ideologies, they ignore the facts, and stick to their traditionally passed down beliefs...

the same way as they do in religious debate.... (another story for another day)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair
Lord knows I abhor lies.

The only reason lynching is associated with racism is because it is a tool of the left.

yes, 3500 black men were lynched. During the exact same period of time more than 2500 white men were lynched also.

All of those men black and white were lynched because they were arrested for violent crimes.

Very very interesting!!

I also notice that many blacks like to feel that the 'white man is keeping them' based on race alone, but in reality, it is themselves, along with the Democratic party that keeps them comfortable in the lower class.

Again, that's why as a black single mother who has decide to become educated and leave poverty forever, I will from now on vote Republican.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Consider this a virtual handshake.

I have noticed that more and more Black people are switching to the Republican Party although the bulk of Black people will likely continue voting for the Democrats. If the Republican Party could tone down the racism a little bit they could find themselves very popular with the Blacks and Hispanics.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is a good idea, and the best way to start it all would be to put the worst 2 criminals into the noose: GWB and B.Obama for their treason and many other felonious crimes.. Set example and show that crime won't be tolerated, not even from corrupt officials.. A policy against crime that does not discriminate towards allowing well connected people to get away with murder, while peons get life in prison for far lesser crimes..

Eric Holder could be number 3, although his recent actions more resemble number 2..

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameliaair
Lord knows I abhor lies.

Very very interesting!!

I also notice that many blacks like to feel that the 'white man is keeping them' based on race alone, but in reality, it is themselves, along with the Democratic party that keeps them comfortable in the lower class.

Again, that's why as a black single mother who has decide to become educated and leave poverty forever, I will from now on vote Republican.

Please vote with your mind and your heart. No matter what the party affiliation. While I stick up for republicans and their historical record as it is one of freedom and equality, I can no longer side with them either because it seems to me that both of these parties are nothing more than 2 sides of the same coin.

Someone else is controlling them and we , black and white alike are at the bottom of the barrel unless we have money.

America was sold out a long time ago .

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Historically blacks voted for republicans in the past, they were mostly forced to start voting for democrats.

That said, these days they work for the same people and not the citizens.

Raist
edit on 3/17/12 by Raist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join