It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google launches "Live from Mars"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Google launches "Live from Mars"

www.astronomy.com

Google 3-D update brings you images from the Mars Odyssey spacecraft — in some cases, within hours of the images being beamed back to Earth from the Mars Odyssey spacecraft. Astronomy magazine spoke with one of the key people at Google behind this exciting new application.
Daniel Pendick, Associate Editor
March 13, 2009
Get ready to go to Mars any day of the week — from your computer.

Today Google released a major update to its Mars browser that will allow you to see images taken from orbit by the Mars Odyssey spacecraft. "Some of them will only have been downloaded by NASA hours earlier," says Michael Weiss-Malik, product manager for the Google Mars 3-D component of Google Earth. "In many cases, the user will be the first human to see the image itself."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Sounds pretty cool, article claims to be taking the images from 12 to 24 hours after they are downloaded to earth. Maybe they won't have enough time to cover up any artifacts present. I always enjoy looking around google earth for ancient stuctures, guess I'll have to mix in some mars searching now. It says you need Google 5.0 to use the feature, so I'll be upgrading one of these days.

www.astronomy.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Great find...

I'll definitely be having a look at this ..

The only shame is how NASA get their grubby little hands on all the images first, but that's not to say they'll spot everything/anything out of the ordinary.

Roll on the day when we get a seperate dedicated image grabber (grabs transmissions)

Now, where is my lottery ticket.. i need some transmission grabbing kit

new topics

join