It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How reality television might just save America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

How reality television might just save America

www.wsws.org

“Reality” TV, for all its obvious “unreality,” exists. Such programming constitutes a social and cultural phenomenon that is the result of deliberate choices by individuals responding to objective conditions and impulses. It simply is not possible or responsible to dismiss it all as wholly irrational. Only naiveté would compel one to think that the entertainment industry could inflict this rubbish on the population without consequences.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have an idea that might actually save us all. Since we here at ATS are in the minority of the populous. I pose this question. How do you wake up the largely apathetic middle class. Shut down reality television on the basis that they are being frivilous with money giving away large sums of it to undeserving douche bags who are willing to sell their pride and self respect for 7 figures and the forfeiture of inherent responsibility. If you ever wanted to find out if the majority really support their fashionable outrage over the buyout, take away their reality TV. Within a week you would have total mutiny. The nation would literally faction off into tribal societies based on who they want kicked off of idol. Wars would be waged in the name of false idols. American Idols that is. And woes us if the sleepwalking slave-class misses an episode of Flavor of Love, or Tool academy. When all was said and done, the resulting social conflict would make the LA riots look like a water gun fight on Sesame St. I realize forgoing the 1mill isn't gonna make a dent in what we owe, but it's a start. j

www.wsws.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I always wondered, obviously some sheep are barely unaware of what goes on and get tired of the vile rhetoric spewed from pundits and candidates alike during election time, but go back to sleeping afterwards.

I wonder... if one was to create a Reality Show wherein the blow-hards were forced to live in a house together, and actually encouraged to be a*-hats; (Megaphones, bullhorns and liquor hidden throughout the house) what effect it would have on the viewer? To see what society has become, American politics today is won by one-liners and volume. Could that be accurately conveyed, using the medium for good instead of evil.

[edit on 3/20/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chefj828
How do you wake up the largely apathetic middle class. Shut down reality television... The nation would literally faction off into tribal societies based on who they want kicked off of idol. Wars would be waged in the name of false idols. American Idols that is. When all was said and done, the resulting social conflict would make the LA riots look like a water gun fight on Sesame St.

That's the best idea for a reality show I've ever heard! Anyone got the number of a good television producer?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It begs the question... how did civilization ever survive before the days of reality tv? Obviously before those times, the government never pulled the wool over our eyes and we were much smarter?

Sheeple will always be sheeple. It's not the reality tv shows keeping them anethesized. There's a sucker born every minute.. it's that simple.

IRM

[edit on 20/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Maybe this will help put it into contex.

i17.photobucket.com...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Chefj828]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I am heavily connected. Trust me, any positive would turn out to be a negative in a heartbeat.

I have tried for a couple of years and alot lately to come up with a layout that would wake people up, but satisfy the Hollyweird folks at the same time. No easy.

top topics

join