It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has 'vast, dark spy network': defector

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

China has 'vast, dark spy network': defector

www.abc.net.au

A man who says he was a Chinese spy has appealed to the United States to stand up to Beijing, charging it was running a vast intelligence operation at home and abroad to suppress dissent.

Li Fengzhi visited the US Congress to talk to politicians and appeal for asylum.

His supporters said it was the first time a Chinese intelligence officer had defected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
We know China is a totalitarian government, and I have experienced this first hand, having lived there for a year.

"China's Government not only uses lies and violence to suppress people seeking basic human rights, but also does all it can to hide the truth from the international community," he said.

"[The Communist Party] uses huge expenditure of funds to suppress ordinary citizens and even extend their dark hands overseas."

I don't think anyone had any illusions to the fact China had a significant spy network but this is the first time an insider has revealed the extent (that we know of). While I admire his ardour in asking the US to stand up to Beijing I hope it never comes to conflict.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This is good news, if the guy is for real and not a double agent. It's about time we get some help.

People in the west still haven't wake up to the realization that the chicom is an extremely dangerous entity if they're not contained. Now they're loose on the world thanks to the bush's administration (he really should be hanged for this.. among other things).

I really have nothing against china, it's just they have an extremely dangerous government. Eventually the CCP has to be dealt with or without force. So far economic means will suffice, but who knows.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere KhaanWhile I admire his ardour in asking the US to stand up to Beijing I hope it never comes to conflict.

Don't worry about that happening now. US makes war or peace only if it serves their interests.

If US actually considered human rights above economic gains or advantages. They should've never allied with Saudi Arabia in the first place, nor sent all their factories in China.

It's not even a secret that the 'economic boom' or continuous exploitation by greedy individuals of the Chinese resources has resulted in severe pollution of the environment and deterioration of the health of many Chinese citizens. The Western world is turning a blind eye to it, I think that's human rights violation too!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Maybe this will become a worldwide revolution. People want to live in Freedom, raise their family, and have a good life. These idiots in charge are constantly coming into conflict with that. The spark of liberty is alive in this world, I for one am seeing the slaves rising up against Tyranny all over. This could be a good thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shere KhaanWhile I admire his ardour in asking the US to stand up to Beijing I hope it never comes to conflict.

Don't worry about that happening now. US makes war or peace only if it serves their interests.

If US actually considered human rights above economic gains or advantages. They should've never allied with Saudi Arabia in the first place, nor sent all their factories in China.

It's not even a secret that the 'economic boom' or continuous exploitation by greedy individuals of the Chinese resources has resulted in severe pollution of the environment and deterioration of the health of many Chinese citizens. The Western world is turning a blind eye to it, I think that's human rights violation too!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It may have hurt the Chinese environment but I consider not foolhardy but a calculated risk. Lots of investment and skills have poored into China, along with wealth. The result is that the US is now indebted to China and China has got the ball rolling on their economy.

IF they can survive another decade without a massive economic catastrophe they are in good stead to challenge the US.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I guess it all comes down to what exactly he has to say.
It would be cool I suppose if he told us what are spies haven't figured out yet.

Vast spy network built around deceit?
Yeah we knew that. That's how spy networks...work.

Dark?
Aren't they all by nature?

What else you got, Mr. Defector?

- Lee

new topics

top topics

join