It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama sends video message to Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Barack Obama sends video message to Iran

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

BARACK Obama has sought to slash through decades of mistrust and animosity by launching a historic appeal directly to the Iranian people, urging a resolution of differences and the launch of an "honest" engagement with Tehran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Awesome, now they can be facebook buddies too!

I hope it works out well for Obama's administration

"The United States wants the Islamic Republic of Iran to take its rightful place in the community of nations," he said.

"You have that right - but it comes with real responsibilities, and that place cannot be reached through terror or arms, but rather through peaceful actions that demonstrate the true greatness of the Iranian people and civilisation. And the measure of that greatness is not the capacity to destroy, it is your demonstrated ability to build and create."

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/3/09 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Oh dear, Benjamin Netanyahu is going to be seething over this one! This should put a dent in his plans to start WW3.

Poor Benji!

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You know something, I'll never understand why people dub Obama as the anti-christ and what-not.. look how he tries his best at open dialogue, and an attempt at peaceful resolution. It may not work, but at least he tries.. and everyone can bear witness to that. If this policy of openness and diplomacy continues, then I foresee the next 4-8 years as a time to remember and cherish. Let's just cross our fingers and hope that Israel can learn a thing or two from President Obama.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I 100% agree with the message. And here is the but...why aren't we bringing all our troops home across the world to show that we really want peace?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I like how he mentioned "Ancient Rituals" in the first or second sentence.

It just struck me as odd.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
why aren't we bringing all our troops home across the world to show that we really want peace?

I thought of this as well, good point. When are the troops supposed to be pulled out of Iraq anyway?.. if I'm not mistaken, isn't it supposed to have already begun?.. January?.. or was it June?.. I don't recall.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Just throwing an idea out thier... what if it was true obama is muslim? Maybe he is trying to make good with his people, IRAN? sells us out to them perhaps, jsut like hillary old us out to china?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Oil, Resources, World Power and Empire Building under the pale guise of 'spreading democracy'. The only way to reverse this process is to remove the MIC, (military industrial complex). They're the ones pulling the veil over everyones eyes and using everyones sons & daughters as expendable units in the quest to achieve their goals.

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

It doesn't matter what faith he has ziggy1706, the important part is to work toward world peace. Achieving this in the Middle East can only be good thing - yes?

IRM

[edit on 20/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Certain others believe he is because In the Bible it mentions the antichrist will rise up as the savour and spread peace amongst the world at a time where there is not much hope. After he deceives the people of all nations he then enforces a NWO along with the mark of the beast which very well could be the V-chip. People who oppose him either die or go into camps. You will not beable to buy anything, sell anything, work or get medical help without this mark. He will also suffer a fatal head wound only to miraculously recover.

I'm not religious at all I'm just mentioning what I hear from people on the net and around town.

The only thing I dont like about Obama is how he ended up being a nobody and the media turned him into a rockstar. I also think Sara Palin was an 'actress' deliberatly acting retarded to sway voters from voting for her party. Hundreds of thousands of Americans even compared him to the messiah on mainstream media.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think there is any non corrupt polital people in power anymore so to me its all the same.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by disfugured]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I just don't get it. Why is it Amerika's business to tell Iran what to do? We shouldn't be over there meddling in the first place, if you ask me and I know no one did but I said it anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Im sorry to break up the love fest, but do any of you really think achmadenijad is going to listen to this and say "hey, he has a point, we will now lay down ournucleor capabilities, and do everything that you say because you worded it so nicely". give me a break.
The agenda is already set in stone, and this message is not for the Iranian people, but for the American people to let them know that he is 'trying'.
I dont buy into the hype and thats all this is, hype.
Hate me all you want in the following posts, but I dont think this is going to help at all. Just my two cents and I dont think the American people should fall so easily for this type of proaganda. While his words are elequent, his actions will speak much louder, and so will Irans.
As far as the troops go, hes not going to pull them out, they are there to stay and anyone who believes otherwise are just fooling themselves.
Like I said, its not for the Iranians, its for the Americans.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
Certain others believe he is because In the Bible it mentions the antichrist will rise up as the savour and spread peace amongst the world at a time where there is not much hope.

And I don't believe in any Anti-Christ either. Besides The Bible, there are some other scriptures and religious texts in the world other than Christianity that also describe an Anti-Christ.. but each has their own explanation.. they are all completely different.. so which one do you believe?.. in my opinion, none of them. But I do agree with you about the media outlets making Obama out to be a messiah or a rock star. I guess it's because he's young, fashionable, and a pretty cool guy actually. And this is coming from a person whose not even American, go figure..

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Weak, weak, weak and another weak.

I think I am going to puke
listening to this love fest. Maybe Obama should send the leaders of Iran some flowers, chocolate and a teddy gram.

The Iranian government is not a friend of the U.S.
They are determined to get nuclear weapons plus let's not forget all the money & weapons which they shipped into Iraq to kill U.S. soldiers.

The Iranian government is laughing at the weakness of Obama.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
The Iranian government is not a friend of the U.S.
They are determined to get nuclear weapons

No offense, but what gives the U.S the right to have nuclear weapons in the first place?.. or Israel?.. or U.K?.. and so on..

Originally posted by WhatTheory
plus let's not forget all the money & weapons which they shipped into Iraq to kill U.S. soldiers.

With all due respect, do you have any supporting data for this claim, or any evidence?

[edit on 20/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
In keeping with Obama's record of saying one thing and then doing antoher, he extends an olive branch to the Iranian people which I tink is cool in the sense of we can't really expect to get anywhere by ignoring people. I think Obama's message is somewhat diminished by his extending the sanctions on Iran

www.presstv.com...

Hmm, so let's extend one hand and then slap them upside the head with the other. Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
i believe honestly that obama already knows iran will be attacked, whether its by the US or by Israel.

this is no more than making himself look like the nice peacemaker, going through the presidential motions in a more polite way than bush ever knew of, underneath it all iran shall not be allowed to have a nuclear weapon at all.

iran will reply in the same light, but they know too that they will continue to seek the weapon then go to war.

this is the real truth and i wont be surprised one little bit when this day comes

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
You know something, I'll never understand why people dub Obama as the anti-christ and what-not.. look how he tries his best at open dialogue, and an attempt at peaceful resolution. It may not work, but at least he tries.. and everyone can bear witness to that. If this policy of openness and diplomacy continues, then I foresee the next 4-8 years as a time to remember and cherish. Let's just cross our fingers and hope that Israel can learn a thing or two from President Obama.

I am not calling him the anti christ.
But If I want to rob you of everything you own, I will first gain your trust and have you think of me as your best friend.
Confidence men don't steal peoples savings by being rude and arrogant to the victims.

I also see this as the distraction to make it look like a rift has opened between Israel and the US so the US looks like the victim when Iran retaliates after being attacked by Israel with secret US backing.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion
No offense, but what gives the U.S the right to have nuclear weapons in the first place?.. or Israel?.. or U.K?.. and so on..

A) The U.S. invented and was the first to have one.
B) The U.S. would not use a nuclear bomb as an offensive weapon unlike Iran.

With all due respect, do you have any supporting data for this claim, or any evidence?

Umm.....yes. Do you read? Because this is common knowledge and there has been numerous articles regarding this.

EXCLUSIVE: Iraq Weapons -- Made in Iran?

U.S. Presents Evidence of Iranian Weapons in Iraq

Those are a few links but a quick google search will yield you much information.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join