It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Do You Blame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Who do you blame for our economic crisis?
Do you Blame our Government?
Do you Blame Wall Street?
Do you Blame Consumers?
Do you Blame something else?
How did we get here?
What do YOU think?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
QUI BONO?

Who profits? not just short term but the big money. Who really benefits from having corporations fail left and right? Madoff for one but we know he is not the sole profiteer.

The bailouts are a symptom like a cough, the patient is mighty sick but how did our economy get so sick in the first place?

sorry about all the questions to answer your questions but that is where we are at the moment.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

For the most part I blame people's greed. I also think that the liberal ideology/ Democratic party has a lot to do with the economic crisis.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Blame is pointless.

Action is paramount.

McCain and Bush were ridiculed by the left for saying that the fundamentals of the economy are sound.

A few days ago, Obama said the same thing and I agree.

The economists and pundits have been warning of the housing and stock market bubbles for years now and in time the markets will adjust.

We can only hope that the stimulus bills will do what they are intended to do to keep the economy more stable during this correction and that we haven't thrown the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

Blame games are for losers.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I can't have a one liner so I will answer on line two.

I blame the ones Franklin warned to be on guard, the ones Jefferson warned and the ones responsible, THE LAZY AMERICAN IDOL ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW PEOPLE WHO ELECT THEIR SLAVE MASTERS AND CALL IT FREEDOM!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ

For the most part I blame people's greed. I also think that the liberal ideology/ Democratic party has a lot to do with the economic crisis.

Oh my good - you mean the the ideology that allowed for the market to be deregulated in 1999?

you mean the one that every single GOP member voted for?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It does not matter who we blame. Obama has already said he will take responsibility for the situation since he is president. the question is how should he be punished? prison would be a start!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone
Who do you blame for our economic crisis?
Do you Blame our Government?
Do you Blame Wall Street?
Do you Blame Consumers?
Do you Blame something else?
How did we get here?
What do YOU think?

I blame the Bush administration
-for starting up this mess, sending over 4000 patriotic american lives to their deaths for a war that had nothing to do with 9/11 and was under false pretenses, costin us 100's of billions, to this day 200 million daily
-for their deregulation of wall street and their careless ignorance towards oil speculators and their highering of the price.
-I blame Bush for his administrations faulty economics that contributed half to this mess.
-I blame the Bush administration for treating the constitution like some
"irrelevant piece of paper"

I blame the Republican party and conservatives
-For parading this last president around as if he was sent by God himself, and you could quote Palin on that.
-For further dividing the nation up by calling on their fellow americans who opposed the war of lies as "anti american" and "anti-troops", I blame them for their arrogance and nationalist attitude while ignoring the obvious warning signs of this administration twice
-I blame the conservatives today for trying to act as though they had nothing to do with the republican party and Bush over the last 8years, when they know they followed that man during his presidency to the cliff.
-I blame conservatives for making excuses for their majority role in this mess for the last 8years.

I blame the Democrats and some fellow liberals
-For not having the spine to stand up and stop this when they could.Yall know you voted for Bush again in 2004 with the conservatives, dont act as if you were on the otherside of the fence all these years.
-For picking such a weak candidate in 2004
-For contributing billions to the $5.3 trillion debt between 2000 and 2008, and you know you contributed to the mess, i dont give a damn in what comparison.

Wallstreet
For the obvious, Greed, however we the people and the politicians stood back and allowed it to happen, whether by benefit of our own or by plain ignorance.

Lastly to the American people
We have ourselves to blame just as much as the last administration and those others who contributed to this mess.
-We the people, as a majority voted in this hack twice for the last 8years
-We tolerated this crap for the last 8years and ignored it until it came to bite us in our own homes.

AND we should cut the scapegoating already, WE had a part in this mess and we should be blaming ourselves, having our faces in shame all over the cities and small towns because we allowed this to happen, we tolerated it for 8years. We as the american people. Didnt matter if you didnt vote for Bush or you lived in your means or you did speak out of the last 8years, you are still an america, you still take responsibility with the rest of the nation.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I have to tell you, SG, I've been reading alot of your posts here recently, and although you and I see some things differently, I admire your testicular fortitude. I mean that sincerely. Kudos to you!
(oh yeah, and a star for you, also!)

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Elostone]

top topics

join