It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forecasting Damage Control After Obama on Leno. GAFF

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Forecasting Damage Control After Obama on Leno. GAFF

tvnz.co.nz

Well, it hasn't aired yet, but after watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann, he pointed out a gaff by Obama that will probably be the front running story for the next week on FOX Noise.

The transcript will come out later with the obvious video, but this is how it went...

- Leno asks Obama if he removed/destroyed the bowling alley in the White House.
- Obama says it's still there, and says he's been practicing saying he bowled a 129.
- Leno laughs and makes a comment about "What a high score!"
- Then Obama says something around the lines of, "Jay, I know it looks more like the Special Olympics!"

Will this actually piss off a lot of people? Meh, some will get pissed. Will the Right Wing media outlets pretend to be outraged? Absolutely! I'm just waiting for the proverbial # storm to hit sometime tomorrow. I think it was a bone-headed thing to say. What the # were you thinking?

BTW, the first person to broadcast this was the evil liberal Keith Olbermann. He was the first to point it out.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well, it hasn't aired yet, but after watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann, he pointed out a gaff by Obama that will probably be the front running story for the next week on FOX Noise.

The transcript will come out later with the obvious video, but this is how it went...

- Leno asks Obama if he removed/destroyed the bowling alley in the White House.
- Obama says it's still there, and says he's been practicing saying he bowled a 129.
- Leno laughs and makes a comment about "What a high score!"
- Then Obama says something around the lines of, "Jay, I know it looks more like the Special Olympics!"

Will this actually piss off a lot of people? Meh, some will get pissed. Will the Right Wing media outlets pretend to be outraged? Absolutely! I'm just waiting for the proverbial # storm to hit sometime tomorrow. I think it was a bone-headed thing to say. What the # were you thinking?

BTW, the first person to broadcast this was the evil liberal Keith Olbermann. He was the first to point it out.

tvnz.co.nz
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I honestly dont give a # about what jokes the President makes. No matter what he says someone will find something to be pissed about.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So, what you're saying is that Obama had an "Imus" moment?
Open mouth insert foot?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

??

Isnt he making fun of himself?
I mean he doesnt look like he'd be very co-ordinated swinging a bowling ball down low.

Then again, American media would probably use this for all its worth.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Dont give a crap what he said.
Anything that comes from his mouth is BS anyway.
Hes a politician, remember ?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Zero just had a hard time dribbling the bowling ball,that's why he only scored a 129. I guess the mentally challenged will be upset about his comment,why would they want to be compared to Zero

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I'll laugh if the right wing gets mad, then goes and turns on Limbaugh who makes fun of those with MS.

Big
to the right wingers for that one!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

President Obama Jokes About Being a Bad Bowler: 'It's Like the Special Olympics'

When asked about the remark, the White House said the president did not intend to offend. "The president made an off-hand remark making fun of his own bowling that was in no way intended to disparage the Special Olympics," White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton said. "He thinks the Special Olympics is a wonderful program that gives an opportunity for people with disabilities from around the world."
ABC News

Thats the same line Imus used when Obama and Shaprton ran him off the air.

Obama: Fire Imus

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

"Insults, humor that degrades women, humor that is based in racism and racial stereotypes isn't fun," the senator told ABC News.
ABC News

I guess humor about Down's Syndrome is not a problem though.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by GuyverUnit I]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Personally, I disagree with Imus being* run off the air. However, there is no similarity to "nappy-headed hoes" and a joke about being bad at bowling (whether distasteful or not).

I wonder how many here who are making a stink haven't made a similar joke.

[edit on 3/20/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow... I totally missed that while watching it just now...

I don't think I heard that at all...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So its NOT ok to make fun of black women's hair.

But it IS ok to crack a joke at the expense of kids who cannot help the way they born.

Boy, oh, Boy.

I would have no problem with an average joe cracking this joke over lunch at the factory.

But our President?? And the hypocrisy, of him justifying his gaffe yet condemning Imus for his.

Hmph.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You need to loosen up then.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

Personally, I disagree with Imus being* run off the air. However, there is no similarity to "nappy-headed hoes" and a joke about being bad at bowling (whether distasteful or not).

I wonder how many here who are making a stink haven't made a similar joke.

[edit on 3/20/2009 by Irish M1ck]

Dude how have you had that name all this time and nobody had caught on. How funny I notice in this thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Good point. But I am Irish, so it is allowed. If other ethnicities get to claim their derogatory word as their own, then so do we!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Obama will need some serious coaching sessions on this one based on the heat of the posts above...

His staff is likely relieved that he only insulted retards and didn't let out the 'biggy secret' about Palestinian Lovin' and the virgins waiting for him with Allah in heaven.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are suddenly soooo sensitive about stuff.
I watched the interview. I heard the Special Olympics bit and, I laughed my ass off.

Everything is too PC nowadays. People, lighten up.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This jackass Obama spent precious time on Tuesday making his predictions for the irrelevant NCAA basketball tournament, now he's admitting that he's wasting his time in the White House BOWLING???

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Here is the vid not taken by me I might add.By FireBellyBlog on ytube

The "Compassionate" President insults America's handicap on Leno. How is the media going to spin this?

Turn up volume.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Not that I usually acknowledge people like you, but did you somehow combine Obama's face with Bush's? It's weird to look at.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join