It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schenectady mayor looking at all options to deal with police department

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Schenectady mayor looking at all options to deal with police department

capitalnews9.com

We recently told you that Schenectady officials are looking at the possibility of martial law - bringing in the National Guard - to fill the gap if the police department were to be disbanded and a new police department were to be formed. Now our Steve Ference takes a closer look at what disbanding the police department might mean - and what the other options are for a department that has been tainted by a handful of officers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is in my area, I live within 20 miles of Schenectady, in slingerlands near Albany NY. So far, Martial Law is just an option , and I hope it never comes into play. But still, even as an option, thats scary. Is anyone else out there seeing this happen? Crime has also gone up in albany , a great deal, you can use that same source link news site to see the crime rate around here. I have a bad feeling about this.

capitalnews9.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Perhaps a citizens milita and some stout nylon rope could work in the interum. Of course there is always Blackwater.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Heres some more on this story on infowars.

www.infowars.net...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Of course there is always Blackwater.

Hah!
Thats actually not a bad idea however....

At the same time, no matter what they do, they set a precedant for the future.
They need to handle this veeerrryyy carefully....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I have lived in this garbage pile of a county my entire life. This city is full of crime and trash and I for one welcome the National Guard.

No seriously though, I'd love to see them try this. Crime is lower than I ever remember it being. I live in a neighborhood I would not have even walked through ten years ago. A good percentage of crime is the police themselves.

That's not to say I think they should try this. People around here get antsy when the National Guard takes their spring recruit jogs further into the city than outer downtown. There is also the fact that the scum would spill back into the street within a few days if there was no police force or if they thought someone was out to get them.

Also, maybe it's no coincidence that as far as anyone knows, we only have Stratton Air National Guard Base (named for Mayor's daddy) in the way of military around, though as a life long resident I can think of at least 3 more bases in the county. The Feds own a good percentage of this county anyway.

No one thinks to ask why the DoD spending for this county in 2004 was 1.2 billion dollars. It's got to be for the ANGB, right? RIGHT? Stratton is scum riding on daddy's name. I'd put my money on this happening, only if for the "bonus" I'm sure he'd get for letting it happen.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Ok, I'm not one to ever bump threads, but this one needs some attention. No one has anything to say about this?

Edit: Nevermind, I just found the other 2 threads on it.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Magnivea]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
they will have some serious obsticles to get around to enstate martial law.

low troop numbers, bad economy, posse comatatus, two wars, and public resistance will all reduce the likleyhood of martial law. the county would be better off hiring contractors like blackwater to get around constitutional restraints.

and using corruption of a very small portion of the police force for an excuse for martial law is ridiculous. if martial law is enacted it well need executive approval and if it gets executive approval, look out people. this will be a test to see how the military polices the people and how the public responds.....thats what this is about, its a test. something is comming down the pike....all of this crazyness is all too connected and common for mere coincedence

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Born & raised in Schenectady here - floored at this news. I moved out here to the Pacific NW about 9 years ago, but I can tell you - martial law would be a VERY big deal there. I haven't been around, so didn't hear how bad the police force has gotten. (Now - for all your information - Schenectady is where GE started - Thomas Edison had his headquarters there, just to help you have a clue of the background of the city. There are buildings there from the 1500s - so it was settled VERY early) Now, from what I remember, there have always been "bad sections" of the city, but I never remember these kinds of problems. So do I think this is a good idea? Uhhh - certainly not martial law! Or bringing in the troops!? But I am needing to do some more background checks here - see if I can get some inside info - I still have friends back there with some connections with city - and I will let ya know if I find anything out.

top topics

join