It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got frog spawn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I can send you the arm bands!!

A fair few years ago when we built our pond we had a pond digging party with a few friends, we had to fit a giant liner that needed warm water to help settle it in to place, the pond was 5ft deep 9ft wide and 20ft long. Everybody had swimwear and we had the beer, it was great fun. It was hard not to convert it into a jacuzzi at the time!!

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
it was great fun. It was hard not to convert it into a jacuzzi at the time!!
[edit on 26-3-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well my frog spawn has turned into a millon tadpoles!! I hope some survive the attack of the magpies and make it through to the summer.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

I've got tadpoles, too. They're all huddled up in the dregs of the spawn and look very vulnerable. I tried to disperse it a bit but I don't know if that's a good idea.

I saw a couple of newts showing more than a passing interest in them.

The sun was shining on them the other morning threatening to fry them so I put more water in the pond - using the hose back to front. I wondered why it was so difficult to attach to the tap......

I found out that they like to eat lettuce, so I'll buy one to share with them.

Talking of which, it's a bit late, but it's vegetable-seed planting time. Guess who's got the most glamourous job - skipping through the forest seeking out horse droppings?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I've got Something Else spawn

I found it today. What looks like double strings of tiny pearls. I tried to identify it by looking up google images and I think it's toads or newts.

I haven't seen any toads in the garden so it will be a welcome surprise if that's what it is.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
That would have to be just about the best title on a ATS thread I think ive ever seen.
I've got frog spawn

lol

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Cool...

Reminds me a bit of when me and some friends discovered a pool with some newt spawn in it when we were about 13... Of course we grabbed some in a tub and we all kept them in our respective back gardens - great fun watching em grow...

Any ways turn out when they built a housing estate on the area they had to re-locate oll thease newts at great expence to the devoloper!! They were rare... Whoopsey!

Here is a link where they also had to move some golden crested newts (not sure of the exact species we had - didn't have the net back then) Any who's....

It works out at a little under £21,000 to relocate each of the 200 gram Great-Crested amphibians. That makes them worth almost twice their weight in gold.

Maybe I should of got that contract! - we relocated ours because we were bored.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Loved the story in The Sun - how nice to see our taxes being put to good use for once.

Still small change compared to MPs' expensed though.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I always thought that if you have frogs in ya pond, you tend not to get toads, so maybe its newt eggs??
Maybe we can put the newts in charge, they'ed do a better job than the lot we have in parliment at the moment!!

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Maybe we can put the newts in charge, they'ed do a better job than the lot we have in parliment at the moment!!

You could well be right, I do try to stay newtral when it comes to politics

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Well I needed a good chuckle and you just delivered it, thank you!!

Now how do I stop having little laughing fits!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Now how do I stop having little laughing fits!

Maybe cross your legs when dating big laughing fits?

Edit because, couldn't stop myself. The mucky version's funnier.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by berenike]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yep, the tadpoles have emerged in my pond too. Some of them have escaped the jaws of death (5 gold fish) only to be sucked through the pump and end up in the top tia of the waterfall.

here's hoping that we all get some little froglettes hopping around soon

top topics

<< 1   >>

join