It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've got frog spawn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
A couple of days ago, after watching our pond for about a week, I found two splots of frog spawn. Then yesterday there was some more - nine splots altogether.

Dear frogs, they'd been really busy. I am so looking forward to seeing the tadpoles grow.

It reminds me of the time a few years ago when I thought I'd seen a four-eyed frog in a friend's pond...... yeah, I really am that naive sometimes. I had to look really closely to figure out that it wasn't a freak of nature.

Anyway, we've got spring lambs in the fields too. I saw one yesterday bleating for its mum and she bleated back and came over to the baby, who nuzzled underneath with its little tail wagging nineteen to the dozen. Just as if the tail was pumping its mouth.

The garden's full of daffodils, primroses and crocuses and there are signs of new life on all the trees and bushes.

The squirrels are all out and about and the birds are singing their little hearts out. My housemate whistles to one and it whistles back.

I love Spring it's just magical. I love the Autumn more, it's magical in a completely different way, but Spring...... it's great.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Spring Rocks!

Probably one of my most favorite times of the year. I think that spring is a great and glorious time for the northern hemisphere.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Spring's my favorite. New beginnings and all. I've got wisteria all over almost ready to bloom and I can't wait it's just the most beautiful sight and lasts for about a month.
Daffodils, azaleas, grass greening up and trees everywhere blooming. Even the weeds are beautiful this time of year.

Spring is about hope to me. Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I am hoping too. I still have some snow in the yard, in the shaded areas.

Have seen some crocuses, and can't wait for the daffs and the forsythia bushes to bloom all bright yellow.

Any of you have pictures?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

I'd love to put up some pictures, but I'd need to take a whole reel of film (about 30) then take it to town to be developed. Then wait a week to collect the photos.

The fun would really start when I tried to get the pictures into photobucket and provide a link.

I should take pictures, though. I always enjoy them.

My housemate has a picture of a lamb on his mobile, but we've no idea how to get it onto the computer. No, I'm not trying to turn this into one of 'those' threads.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You need a digital camera mate.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by berenike

I'd love to put up some pictures, but I'd need to take a whole reel of film (about 30) then take it to town to be developed. Then wait a week to collect the photos.

The fun would really start when I tried to get the pictures into photobucket and provide a link.

I should take pictures, though. I always enjoy them.

My housemate has a picture of a lamb on his mobile, but we've no idea how to get it onto the computer. No, I'm not trying to turn this into one of 'those' threads.

I just email my pictures from my phone to myself... poof, they're digital! I'll take some pics when the wisteria starts to bloom... magnificant sight! Shouldn't be long at all.

[edit on 21/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Very cool..will be a while here in New England.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

wow beren, it must be really nice where you are now. You must be further south then me since we haven't gotten to that point yet.

don't be surprised if the spawn dissappears because a lot of things like to eat it.

but watching them grow is pretty neat. glad to hear some are reproducing because frogs are in decline all over the world.

I am sad because we have a pond and had to just empty it and clean it out last year and the frogs never really returned.

p.s.. there is nothing cuter then lambs.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I love the daffodils. I have started a tradition that every year I take a pic of my son sitting in the daffodils.

I spent a couple of years in the sonoran desert and spring is beautiful there too. Amazing thing to see.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There are some more lambs in the fields now, even smaller than the others.

I can see them from my window, although they are a couple of fields or so away. Tiny as they are, I could just make out one of them doing that little jump that they do - straight up into the air.

Here's a couple of photos from last year. The sheep and lambs are only little white dots though.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 21-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Right, I've got some recent photos of lambs from my h/m's mobile in my ATS photo album. It's unfortunate they are a bit blurred, but still.....lambs

[edit on 22-3-2009 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

cute are some of them twins?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's possible. We've seen some ewes with two lambs, I'm not sure how common it is though.

I forgot how noisy they are. You can hear them all day calling to each other.

I think I heard a bull bellowing the other day, too. They can really make a racket when they want to.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I got a whole heap of frog spawn in my pond. Ripley, my dog stalks the frogs around the edge of the pound like a seasoned Ninja!!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

My dog stalks anything that moves in my garden like a seasoned nuisance.

Let me know how your spawn progresses - my little ones haven't started to wriggle yet.

The pond has some very steep sides to it and yesterday I was up there clearing leaves away from the spawn even though I'm afraid of heights and water and can't swim.

When I'd finished I found several little yellow ants embedded in the woolly back of my gloves and one trying to crawl up my sleeve. It took me ages to extricate them all.

Spring? Pah! I've had enough now. Can't wait for autumn when the little gits hibernate again.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I hate mowing the back garden in late spring early summer, baby frogs running every where and me trying to throw them all back into the pond and not liquidize them!!
It's never to late to learn to swim, especially if you have a pond.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We've got frog spawn too!

I like it, cos it means that hot weather is on the way. Also, cos it'll regenerate the pond back into a life giving eco system. Love to hear the frogs croaking away in the evenings. Just hope the new doggy isn't too interested in them. I remember when my poor ol' Mr Toby came in one hot summer night, and dropped something cold and wet on my bare foot. I wondered what on earth it was, and then it hopped off my foot and started jumping all over the living room. Glad the old boy didn't hurt it, but I doubt any frog on the end of Mr Tyler will be so lucky

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
It's never to late to learn to swim, especially if you have a pond.

Did you really manage to type that with a straight face? ? ?

Hi Acidtastic,

Let us know how your spawn does. It's great to meet fellow frog lovers.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here are some pictures of the flowers in my garden:

And here's my dog's opinion of them:

Ask me how many attempts it took to try and get a picture of him with the daffodils and how many times I nearly knocked their heads off throwing a stick to get him over there. Flipping Mutt.

PS - Still giggling at the idea of learning to swim in the pond. I suppose I could use the frogs as water wings.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by berenike]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join