It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comic book holds clue in D.B. Cooper case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
On a cold November night 36 years ago, in the driving wind and rain, somewhere between southern Washington state and just north of Portland, Oregon, a man calling himself Dan Cooper parachuted out of a plane he’d just hijacked clutching a bag filled with $200,000 in stolen cash.

Who was Cooper? Did he survive the jump? And what happened to the loot, only a small part of which has ever surfaced?

It’s a mystery, frankly. We’ve run down thousands of leads and considered all sorts of scenarios. And amateur sleuths have put forward plenty of their own theories. Yet the case remains unsolved.

I just came across a new story that claims there may be some clues:

Larry Carr, the FBI agent currently overseeing the case, now believes the hijacker may have taken his name from a French comic book. The Dan Cooper comic book was popular in France in the 1960s and early 1970s and one issue published around the time of the hijacking shows the character parachuting.

I have posted all the information and many links at the Worldview.

I know there are a number of threads about this case but I beleive this is new information and a new thread is justified.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just added two videos to my post at the Worldview. I think they add to the story.

join