It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Aruba, lens flare???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey guys,

These pics were recently posted to a local news site from Aruba. They were taken last Monday the 16th. Check them out. Jeff Ritzmann's opinion is that they may be flares. What do you guys think?

www.24ora.com...

Translation of the news story:

From one of our 24ora.com site visitors, we have received two pictures of a strange phenomenon that appeared in the sky last Monday afternoon. The person was in the area of Dakota (suburb in Aruba) next to PriceSmart when he noticed something strange in the sky. Immediately he took out his camera and started snapping pictures of it. 24ora.com has consulted with experts in this area, but have not yet received a conclusion.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yes, lens flare. The repeated reflections are a dead giveaway

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It does not look like a lens flare. There's a trail, no other lens flare in view, and no coloring (usually green or blue). The direction of sunlight needs to be checked, maybe it is obvious in the full picture. A small crop is useless for giving an informed opinion. Do you know if the original is available somewhere?

I'm a self proclaimed expert on lens flares. I've seen many in my own photographs. And many in catalogs of UFO pictures.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nablator
It does not look like a lens flare. There's a trail. I'm a self proclaimed expert on lens flares.

Yes it does look exactly like a lens flare. No there isn't a trail:

If you can't see the 3 separate circles of light that are all reflections of each other and the sun, then you should probably stop saying you're an expert on lens flares. It makes you look very uncredible.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
OK, you're right, I was looking at the other picture, where the flare is brighter and the other reflections more indistinct. Usually, several much fainter circles appear on a line towards the Sun. Here they're all clumped together. Probably the bright clouds help hide some of them.

new topics

top topics

join