It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the trinity a biblical doctrine?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I'm over it. You're forgiven (this time. j/k). You want to know what my alternate to heaven is? There is not alternative to heaven. Heaven is God's dwelling place. My belief is that mankind does not go to heaven because earth was made for mankind. When we die, we stay dead until the resurrections when we are raised from the dead to live back on earth as physical spirit bodies. After the 1000 years of Christ's leadership on earth, the second resurrection happens (judgement) and then the new heaven and new earth happens which literally merges heaven and earth into one. It will be "Heaven on Earth" just like the paradise of the Garden of Eden. We will live in paradise. That's man's heaven.... earthly paradise.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Hmm, well you could have started a thread on that, or maybe you already did a while back. That's a nice concise explanation and is helpful. I could argue about it but it is slightly off topic. I would say the most serious problem is that you have all the bad people alive. Why does God bother having a judgment of the dead, when there was no judgment against the living. Makes no sense. So if you were lucky enough to be alive when the resurrection of the good people happens, you get a free pass on being judged?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
MY turn!
Quick answer, because the wicked did not really have a chance to KNOW God, until after their resurection to a paradise Earth, after man and Satan have had their time to prove man cannot rule himself, plus we will be working toward perfection, their previous deaths canceled out their past lives, new slate, with perfect knowledge, then they get judged on how they respond

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Yeah, completely off topic, but I saw the converstaion and felt like jumping in.....
As you were!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

resurection to a paradise Earth

Oh, so they get the same chance that Adam and Eve had? To see if they "pass the test". The most horrible thing I have seen since I read goatflesh gnosis' stuff.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
But, it won't just be like Adam and Eve, with only Gods comand and Satans lie
It will be millions of survivors of the Great Tribulaion, and Armegedon, who all would then know of Gods authority...they will help those who get resurected to accurate knowledge and they will have the memories of their own lives under mankinds failed system to draw upon, (from all walks of life and parts of history) and if they then after all of that still reject the Messianic rule...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ya know what, this is totally not the right thread for this particular conversation, and I am just being argumentative...

I understand you are firm in your beliefs as am I...and am totally down with the conversation, but in the right place I guess.

And I think I know better than to try argueing about this threads subject with you...

I think, yeah, well, yeah, pretty sure. Nope not gonna do it!!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Sorry about that, God can not be defined period and definitely not in three or four words.

why not? john did it

1 john 4:[8] He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

God is love

Caught me on that one. It does describe God. Lucky for us we have someone like Jesus to tell us what Love is.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

But John told us that God is Love.... not Jesus. David loved God so much that he was considered to be a man "after God's own heart." Abraham loved God so much that he was willing to sacrifice his son, Isaac on an altar just because God told him to. Solomon trusted God so much that he chose wisdom over riches. Jesus did not define love for us. He simply showed us how a perfect man loves. He was the only perfect man to walk the earth. Sure, He showed us how to become closer to God but His main purpose was to be a perfect, sinless man to purge the penalty of sin for us through His sacrifice. Man knew love before Jesus, just not in a perfect way as Jesus loved.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

. . .in a perfect way as Jesus loved.
Not going to argue that. We all have our own way of understanding truth and so much the better if we can expose and deal with the fictions that create obstacles to it.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Yes, let us expose the false teachings and leave the rest up to one's interpretation. I don't know man. The bible is pretty clear in most of it's messages. You just have to dig past the church doctrines and denominational boundries to really see what the bible says.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
anybody care for some ancient Hebrew lessons?

Understanding Genesis 1:27

part one
part two

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by holywar

awesome video.

hebrew is the hardest language for me to get the hang of, so i always appreciate someone explaining it.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Glad you liked it, I've learned a lot from them.

This Professor's name is Jeff, he's got tons of really great lessons. Check out his channel and his website.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
the father is with the son and the son is with the father... not the father is the son and the son is the father

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join