It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the trinity a biblical doctrine?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Interesting post though it sounds like you're implying that Jesus and God are the same. I use the metaphore of soldiers at war for this picture. Think of a commanding officer and his first leutenant or something like that. When the CO tells the Lt. to do something, the Lt. does it, or acts on behalf of the CO. Same thing with God and the Word of God. God commanded the creation while the actual Word of God created on behalf of God. It's not implying that the actual words coming out of God's mouth were Jesus. It's implying that God commanded and Jesus did it and because the words were spoken from God, His Servant complied with the command. God still gets the credit just as the CO get's the credit for a successful mission. Does that make sense? Jesus was a seprate being from God, created by God as His "Right-Hand Man." This sort of blows the idea of "monotheism" out of the water though the Bible never claims monotheism, just that God the Father is higher than any other god (fake or real). Even monotheism survives with this idea because Jesus was working for God as the Word of God. It's like a captain and his first mate. The first mate is still respected on the ship and usually does the work of the captain... but there's only one captain. The first mate is the highest ranking sailor on the ship yet there is still a ship full of sailors to look after. God is the captain, Jesus is the first mate, and we are all sailors and pirates in this huge ship we call earth. We are sailing on an ocean of space and looking for paradise. I'm so sorry for all the metaphores, it's just that some christians can't fathom the idea of Jesus actually being separate from God, even as the Word of God. Also, I was in the Navy for 4 years and just HAD to throw in the captain, first mate, sailor analogy in. God the Father bless you all in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and may the blessing of their Holy Spirit fall upon us all, Amen. That is totally non-trinitarian. I prayed to God in the name of Jesus Christ and asked for the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit being separate and non-physical. None of the three are joined together as one physical body. Even the three can't be separate physical bodies. God and Jesus are separate beings yet the Holy Spirit is not even a being, but a force or power. Okay, I'm done.... sorry.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Jesus is a person in his own right and is not God but God does speak through Jesus in many verses in the Bible and Jesus also speaks for himself, in his own spirit. God and Jesus are clearly separated, with God dwelling within Jesus and Jesus a man in the flesh and with his own individual spirit. Many verses already quoted seem to prove this point.

John 16:8 New International version

BibleGateway.com

8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt[a] in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:

The question that puzzles me the most is, is the Holy Spirit a separate person? Because it seems to take on the form of a separate entity, in the verse above, by the use of the word “he”.

Although the word “he” could just refer to Gods Spirit and not a separate entity in it’s own right.

If the Holy Spirit is separate, then it would appear, we have God the Farther, Jesus the Son and he, the Holy Spirit.

- JC

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8

Interesting post though it sounds like you're implying that Jesus and God are the same. I use the metaphore of soldiers at war for this picture. Think of a commanding officer and his first leutenant or something like that. When the CO tells the Lt. to do something, the Lt. does it, or acts on behalf of the CO. Same thing with God and the Word of God. God commanded the creation while the actual Word of God created on behalf of God. It's not implying that the actual words coming out of God's mouth were Jesus. It's implying that God commanded and Jesus did it and because the words were spoken from God, His Servant complied with the command. God still gets the credit just as the CO get's the credit for a successful mission. Does that make sense? Jesus was a seprate being from God, created by God as His "Right-Hand Man." This sort of blows the idea of "monotheism" out of the water though the Bible never claims monotheism, just that God the Father is higher than any other god (fake or real). Even monotheism survives with this idea because Jesus was working for God as the Word of God. It's like a captain and his first mate. The first mate is still respected on the ship and usually does the work of the captain... but there's only one captain. The first mate is the highest ranking sailor on the ship yet there is still a ship full of sailors to look after. God is the captain, Jesus is the first mate, and we are all sailors and pirates in this huge ship we call earth. We are sailing on an ocean of space and looking for paradise. I'm so sorry for all the metaphores, it's just that some christians can't fathom the idea of Jesus actually being separate from God, even as the Word of God. Also, I was in the Navy for 4 years and just HAD to throw in the captain, first mate, sailor analogy in. God the Father bless you all in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and may the blessing of their Holy Spirit fall upon us all, Amen. That is totally non-trinitarian. I prayed to God in the name of Jesus Christ and asked for the gift of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit being separate and non-physical. None of the three are joined together as one physical body. Even the three can't be separate physical bodies. God and Jesus are separate beings yet the Holy Spirit is not even a being, but a force or power. Okay, I'm done.... sorry.

I understand what you are saying, and I understand what the people in this thread are saying too. There are things Jesus said that seperates the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit but at the same time he said that he is one with the Father. Personally I find the nature of the debate sort of silly. If Jesus as Christ takes up residence in my body, that means I am one with all of them. Jesus says he overcame and sat down on the Fathers throne and he tells us that if we overcome we will sit down on his throne. It doesn't say we have to sit on the other side of the room..... we get to sit on the throne. Right before he was crucified he told his followers that one day he would tell them plainly about his Father. If a person has the indwelling of the Spirit and the Spirit teaches us all things and brings things into our rememberance - what do you think the Spirit would say plainly about the Father, that a person might not know?

Thomas was a witness - why do you suppose he looked at the resurrected Christ and said "My Lord and my God!"?

And what do you mean by the Holy Spirit is non-physical? If it runs through the blood in our veins - what do you then call that? Meta-physical?

P.S. I enjoyed your metaphores!

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I refer to the Holy Spirit as the Power of God working within us all. You accept this power of God or deny it. It is a Gift from God. It is what made the prophets, prophets. It's what made Jesus aware of His Messiahship. The Holy Spirit is not an equal power with God but is THE power of God in the world. None of these things are equal. God is the Father, Jesus is the teacher, and both are conceivable dieties, one greater than the other. The holy spirit is described as a comforter, which is a feeling of security and trust. Jesus and God are not feelings but beings. The Holy Spirit is a feeling, not a being. It's like a guitar is a musical instrument and the person playing it is a musician.... then there's the music. Music is not physical..... it's sound coming from the instrument and played by the musician. The instrument and the musician are both there. They are physical things with jobs to create music. The music is just the sound that is made from these two things. The Holy Spirit is simply the harmony of God and Jesus being heard by followers.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
It is found that Jesus gave quite a few "I am" declarations in the Gospel of John. He clearly says he existed before Abraham:

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" John 8: 58.

in modern languages, the perfect tense denotes an action that started in the past and continued to or through the present. for example ¨i have been in spain for 6 years.¨ this implies that 6 years ago, my time in spain started and it continues till now.

in Koine greek, perfect tense has a different meaning. it means that something started in the past, and it completed in the past. like the equivalent of english past perfect. ¨I had been in america for 13 years, when i decided to go back to spain.¨

so of course the verse would be rendered with the present active indicative. this being because present perfect would also be included in this form.

this means the word can be rendered 2 ways. ¨i am¨, and ¨i have been¨

since the context of the scripture is blatantly in the perfect tense (jesus began existence before abraham, and it continued to or through the time he said it), logically the verse should be rendered ¨I have been¨

---------------------------------------------------

why is ¨I AM¨ so important to trinitarians? because it is one more flimsy connection to Jehovah.

i say flimsy because when you think about it, ¨i am¨is probably the most used verb in any language.

its like you hear Jehovah say ¨I am¨ and then you hear jesus say ¨I am¨, and this suddenly becomes proof that they are the same person.

does that seem logical?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by miriam0566]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
joecroft, im going to reply to your post, but i cant at the moment (doctors appointment)

tonight or tomorrow

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

Good luck with that.
From your pictures you seem to be doing good, at least some of the time.
Nice to see you laughing.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Please see alternate rendering from multiple translations for "I Am":

John 8:58 (King James Version)
58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I Am.

John 8:58 (New World Translation)
58 Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been.

John 8:58 (Worldwide English (New Testament)
58Jesus answered, `I tell you the truth. I already was before Abraham was born.'

John 8:58 (The New Testament, by G. R. Noyes)
"From before Abraham was, I have been."

John 8:58 (The Bible—An American Translation, by J. M. P. Smith and E. J. Goodspeed) "I existed before Abraham was born!"

***note that although the “I am” rendering is not entirely incorrect, it is misleading, as most people will associate that expression with the title “I am” as applied to God Almighty at Exodus 3:14 in the KJV. Also KJV writes it in capital letters, presuming a title or name. The context at John 8:58 clearly shows the real thought of the Greek used here is that God's created "firstborn," Jesus, had existed long before Abraham was born.—Colossians 1:15; Proverbs 8:22, 23, 30; Revelation 3:14.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by holywar]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

holy spirit

the supposed 3rd person in the trinity.

several note worthy things about holy spirit.

1- its name is never mentioned. nor is there any hint that might explain why. simply refered to as holy spirit
2- in both hebrew and greek, the word used to denote spirit in holy spirit means breath.
3- at times, it is described not as a person, but rather as a thing.

so which is it? person or thing?

1 john 5:[8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

we see in this verse that holy spirit is personified, it is a ¨witness¨, but notice too that so are water and blood which we know are not people.

death and sin are also personified and called ¨kings¨(roman 5:14,20), but were are also aware that they are not literal people

there are however many scriptures that show the holy spirit to be a force, not a person.

ephesians 5:[18] And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

to be ¨filled with spirit¨ plainly depicts the spirit as a thing, not a person.

acts 13:[52] And the disciples were filled with joy, and with the Holy Ghost.

we see here again, it is depicted as a thing.

---------------------------------------------------------

its also interesting to note that by the time the king james was written, the trinity was well established in church teaching. so its not surprising that certain changes were made.

john 14:[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

here the pronoun ¨he¨ or ¨him¨ is used liberally. but when you return to the greek, we find that the pronoun is actually neuter. ¨it¨. this is because the word that is ¨spirit¨in greek is ¨pneuma¨ which is neuter, neither feminine or masculine.

in john 16:8 we see ¨him¨. this time the grammar is correct because the word used to describe the holy spirit is ¨helper¨or ¨parakletos¨ which is masculine and grammatically would require ¨he¨.

in other words, jesus was using good grammar, not necessarily calling the holy spirit a person.

---------------------------------------------------------

what this leaves us with is evidence that the holy spirit is not a person at all. but rather god´s force. some bibles even render it as ¨god´s active force¨

this would be in harmony with other uses of the word ¨spirit¨ in the bible. ¨ruach¨ in hebrew and ¨pneuma¨in greek.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Good luck with that.
From your pictures you seem to be doing good, at least some of the time.
Nice to see you laughing.

im always laughing, even when i shouldnt lol

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Locoman gets it, through his studies he has seen the truth of this matter.

He has lifted the scales of blindness from himself, proving not all Christians believe in a trinity or a duality(God=Jesus)

A good question too is, who sent the Holy Spirit to Jesus when he was baptized?
And who said this is my son?

Matthew 3:16&17
16As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

The voice from heaven was the Almighty God the Creator and father of his son Jesus. Does it make any sense to work the trinity around this by saying Jesus as God on earth threw his voice to heaven and was actually talking to himself, for the benefit of those listening???

I have actually had people tell me that, and that isn't what the bible says.
Read the verse, it is what actually happened you don't have to twist the meaning of it at all.

If you think that type of thing happened you might consider that God does not use a type of confusing ventriloquism, to communicate to humans. He has himself, angels and holy spirit for that. And it diminishes the value of the statement enormously, not to mention the sanity of it.

God expects us to use our common sense, he is not trying to trick and confuse us.

But there is another powerful being that is trying to trick and confuse us on this topic, so that we will deny the ransom as I posted earlier.

Do really think he cares HOW he does it?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I got interrogated by the moderators at a "Christian" forum and had to give a defense that I was not a heretic who should be permanently banned from the site. They wanted me to affirm to them that I believed that Jesus is "The Almighty God". I told them that sounded like a "unity" philosophy and would not agree to it. I had to point out that in the rules for the forum, teaching "unity" was not allowed. They eventually reinstated me, I imagine because the site owner got involved. I think some people never bother to find out what they actually believe the word "trinity" means.
The people I have talked to who have this unity idea think they are actually trinitarians but when you question them on it, they are clueless.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The people I have talked to who have this unity idea think they are actually trinitarians but when you question them on it, they are clueless.

I know that is so true.

And that is why I don't waste my time on dedicated bible/religious forums. On this site people are usually of the mindset that they are at least trying to Deny Ignorance.

If you sign up to this site and post here you usually have a more open mind to new idea's, and understand some old ones are in fact a conspiracy of false dogma.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
OK, let's take an imaginary trip to a court room, and put the trinity on trial

NOTE: I don't personally agree 100% with this blogger, but I still think it's BRILLIANT!!!!!!

trinity on trial - part 1

trinity on trial - part two

enjoy!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

interesting you have picked up on HORT as he did not believe in the bodily resurrection of christ the virgin birth etc. He believed Jesus was a created being

..sound familiar

They were known to be involved with the occult

they believed in the worship of Mary.

They are known to be Historically and factually incorrect.

Poor example in my eyes

sorry

David

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill

interesting you have picked up on HORT as he did not believe in the bodily resurrection of christ the virgin birth etc. He believed Jesus was a created being

..sound familiar

They were known to be involved with the occult

they believed in the worship of Mary.

They are known to be Historically and factually incorrect.

Poor example in my eyes

sorry

David

Hey nobodies perfect, LOL

Well I do believe in the virgin birth, God put the entity that is Jesus into her womb, and he was born as a perfect human. He was transferred from a spiritual plane of existence into a physical one, by who? His Father.

And many understand that he didn't have his full memories of his heavenly spiritual existence until he was baptized and the Holy Spirit downloaded it to his human brain. Suddenly he had billions of years of pre-earthly memories to mediate on, that's why he had to go into the wilderness and go meditate on all this for 40 days. And only then did Satan make his move on him, after he had 100% of his knowledge restored would a test be meaningful, and if he was God what would the point be, really?

That's no test, as if God would ever give in, it would be an absolute exercise of futilely on Satan's part to try to tempt the Almighty God. God can't be tempted, people need to understand that. It's impossible to tempt a being that owns the entire universe.

I don't believe in the worship in of Mary, in fact the very opposite I view idols of her as idolatry, that God condemns.

Jesus had a non-physical birth that was before creation, is exactly what a number of us have said repeatedly. Because that's what the bible says.

Colossians 1:15

International Standard Version (©2008)
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.

King James Bible
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Bible in Basic English
Who is the image of the unseen God coming into existence before all living things.

Weymouth New Testament
Christ is the visible representation of the invisible God, the Firstborn and Lord of all creation.

These comments were made on this verse, tying it back too John 1:1

1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God. He came in order to reveal the Father in his own person. See Joh 14:10 Heb 1:3. The love of God is revealed in Christ. He was the visible representative of the invisible God. The firstborn of every creature. The thought is that he existed before creation began; born of God instead of being created...born before any creature was called into existence. The passage does not say that he was the first created, but the first-born. He was before creation. See John 1:1,2.

As for the resurrection, God resurrected him from death back to his spiritual existence, as his physical existence had already fulfilled God's purpose with the ransom. Jesus, was essentially rematerializing bodies for people to see, he was now back to a spirit being for good. If he was in a physical body he would have to die again, to go back to heaven, and that would be a pointless violation of God's justice.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

the supposed 3rd person in the trinity.

several note worthy things about holy spirit.

1- its name is never mentioned. nor is there any hint that might explain why. simply refered to as holy spirit
2- in both hebrew and greek, the word used to denote spirit in holy spirit means breath.
3- at times, it is described not as a person, but rather as a thing.

so which is it? person or thing?

An interesting way of looking at it…but what is a thing lol

1 john 5:[8] And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

we see in this verse that holy spirit is personified, it is a ¨witness¨, but notice too that so are water and blood which we know are not people.

death and sin are also personified and called ¨kings¨(roman 5:14,20), but were are also aware that they are not literal people

there are however many scriptures that show the holy spirit to be a force, not a person.

I see, these are some excellent interpretations and I agree with them all but can the Holy Spirit not be a force and a person at the same time.

- Just a thought

john 14:[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

here the pronoun ¨he¨ or ¨him¨ is used liberally. but when you return to the greek, we find that the pronoun is actually neuter. ¨it¨. this is because the word that is ¨spirit¨in greek is ¨pneuma¨ which is neuter, neither feminine or masculine.

in john 16:8 we see ¨him¨. this time the grammar is correct because the word used to describe the holy spirit is ¨helper¨or ¨parakletos¨ which is masculine and grammatically would require ¨he¨.

in other words, jesus was using good grammar, not necessarily calling the holy spirit a person.

This is interesting and my Greek translation skills are not that great lol…do you think the same grammatical considerations and Greek translations apply to the following verse:

(New Living Translation version)

John 14:16-17 “And I will ask the Farther, and he will give you another counselor, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you do because he lives with you now and later will be in you.”

The line that stands out for me in the above verse is “he lives” used is the last sentence.

what this leaves us with is evidence that the holy spirit is not a person at all. but rather god´s force. some bibles even render it as ¨god´s active force¨

I agree in that the Holy Spirit is God’s force but that it is a force that is alive. I don’t exactly go along with the idea of the trinity because when Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as "he" and "him", my understanding of this has been that Jesus means “he” to refer to God in spirit form, but most importantly that the Holy Spirit is not a separate new person but is actually a part of God. What I am trying to say is that God and the Holy Spirit are one and the same thing but that the Holy Spirit is not a separate person like Jesus is. I believe this is why Jesus called or referred to the Holy Spirit as a “he” because it is a person but that person is God.

God is referred to as Spirit in many verses:

Ezekiel 2:2 “The Spirit came into me as he spoke and set me on my feet, I listened carefully to his words”

Matthew 3:16 “After his baptism, as Jesus came out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him”

Mark 1:10 “And when Jesus came up out of the water, he saw the heavens split open and the Holy Spirit descending like a dove on him”

John 4:24 “For God is Spirit, so those who worship him, must worship in spirit and in truth”

- JC

PS- I’m glad you’re out those stocks lol you look a lot happier.

Love the jacket…you look stylish

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
I agree in that the Holy Spirit is God’s force but that it is a force that is alive. I don’t exactly go along with the idea of the trinity because when Jesus refers to the Holy Spirit as "he" and "him", my understanding of this has been that Jesus means “he” to refer to God in spirit form, but most importantly that the Holy Spirit is not a separate new person but is actually a part of God. What I am trying to say is that God and the Holy Spirit are one and the same thing but that the Holy Spirit is not a separate person like Jesus is. I believe this is why Jesus called or referred to the Holy Spirit as a “he” because it is a person but that person is God.

my view point is similar but in a few ways.

i do believe that the holy spirit is part of god. the bible refer´s to it as god´s holy spirit.

but i dont think its alive or has thoughts of its own.

i think of it more as a hand. of course not a literal hand, god is a spirit and spirits dont have bodies like we do. but i think of it as god´s way of manipulating the universe. much like a hand, the holy spirit does not think or make decisions. but it is used to accomplish things

the actual logistics of that the bible doesnt say. the bible usually depicts it as a force like water for example that accomplishes things. whether or not the holy spirit is an actual part of god himself, or something he set up, i dont know. i have yet seen any scriptures that say for sure.

PS- I’m glad you’re out those stocks lol you look a lot happier.

Love the jacket…you look stylish

thank you, this picture is actually old but i like it. my friend was just making me laugh so hard

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill

..sound familiar

they also believed in communing with the saints and mary worship.

sound familiar?

in fact the communing with saints is exactly why they were considered to be occult, yet the church does it openly and people dont even flinch.

wescott and hort were considered heretical because they didnt buy into the churches dogmatic doctrines. they demanded proof.

Oct., 22nd after Trinity Sunday - Westcott: "Do you not understand the meaning of Theological 'Development'? It is briefly this, that in an early time some doctrine is proposed in a simple or obscure form, or even but darkly hinted at, which in succeeding ages,as the wants of men's minds grow, grows with them - in fact, that Christianity is always progressive in its principles and doctrines" (Life, Vol.I, p.78).

this was one of many quotes to show just how crazy and heretic they were. the funny thing is, if you think about, he´s totally right. Christianity that generally is practiced today is a progression from simple assertions made in the past. thats how you go from jesus and god being united to a flown blown unsupported trinity.

Dec. 23rd - Westcott: "My faith is still wavering. I cannot determine how much we must believe; how much, in fact, is necessarily required of a member of the Church." (Life, Vol.I, p.46).

asking questions like ¨what does god really want from me¨ is neither crazy nor heretical. if anything, god encourages us to ask questions.

1858 Oct. 21st - Further I agree with them in condemning many leading specific doctrines of the popular theology as, to say the least, containing much superstition and immorality of a very pernmicious kind...The positive doctrines even of the Evangelicals seem to me perverted rather than untrue...There are, I fear, still more serious differences between us on the subject of authority, and especially the authority of the Bible" (Life, Vol.I, p.400).

this of course is very heretical. how dare he question the church! how dare he suggest that the bible has more authority than the church!

its all rubbish. all these claims, they all started back in the 90´s.

its called detracting. someone cant win an argument so they shift gears and go attack someone´s character hoping to discredit him.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This issue of Trinity is resolved by reading that which was inspired, and with a sincere heart desiring understanding. When you do his will, as he promised, he will show himself to you. You will gain an understanding that another standing next to you may not.

Just as Jesus said, that in hearing they do not hear, and seeing they do not see, so it is that many read the words, yet do not understand their way.

Whether one understands the Trinity or not, it should not take away from the command of Christ in Love one another. Many a great divide amongst men has come from theological sparring.

As an example:
Many men in the past have debated the orbits of the sun and earth. Galileo was confronted with the Bible stating the following:

Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc

The church took this to be a literal passage and challenged Galileo. Surely the sun does rise and set in the same spots, yet the term rises and sets indicates a cycle.

We as a people have come to an understanding that this passage is true. And so will it be with the understanding with that which is the Truth.

With Wisdom you will gain clarity.

Peace

[edit on 27-3-2009 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join