It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hopi prophecies happening now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
So earlier I was telling my girlfriend about a movie called "Koyaanisqatsi"
,which means life out of balance or life of moral corruption and turmoil, by godfrey reggio.

During the last sequences in the movie a choir sings out three of the hopi prophecies in the hopi language which can be translated to the following:

"If we dig precious things from the land, we will invite disaster."

"Near the day of Purification, there will be cobwebs spun back and forth in the sky."

"A container of ashes might one day be thrown from the sky, which could burn the land and boil the oceans."

So correct me if im wrong but this is just a guess or theory but could the cobwebs in the sky prophecy be talking about the chemtrails that at the current moment are spread across the sky where i live in southern california.

And as far as digging precious things from the land inviting disaster im sure we can all come to an agreement this could be speaking of us running out of resources and there could be more to this one than just resources.

As for the container of ashes i can't figure out what that one refers to maybe some sort of asteroid or something i dont know but the cobwebs prophecy really got me thinking and looking into the hopi indians and such now.

If anyone knows anything about them could you please take time to write some of what you know and share some knowledge.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Cobwebs could possibly mean power lines?
and The third i'm guessing is just a volcanoe. What else blows ash?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm not a big prophecy fan myself but they are interesting on some level. People assume that things happening today are foretold in prophecy because they "fit". When the Hopi prophesied cobwebs across the sky people assume it is airplane contrails because it "fits" but who is to say that some future invention will fit the description even better? Maybe the Hopi prophecy was talking about spiders because the cobwebs sometimes occur where things are dead or not vigorous. The ashes could be from massive forest fires and that could have been seen in the past and popped into mind as the prophecy was being made as would be very scary and total devastation locally.
It appears the Hopi live in NE Arizona near the Navajo so forest fires fallout seem a remote possibility now. The Hopi were made of of many different groups over time. Imagine a desert dwelling people hearing about Santa Ana wind driven fires in California. It would be terrifying and a vision of hell on Earth and a people being punished from above.

Just because something seems like it fits doesn't mean it fits the story as originally intended. my 2 cents..

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hopi prophecies
From an oversea's show, spliced to view the message from one elder (Floyd Red Crow Westerman)...how america has come and is destined to go.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Reevster]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My understanding about the ashes from the sky would be a large bomb blast which turns things to ash, just like a nuke would do, turning everything to ash and boiling the ocean with its heat.
the cobwebs I always thought was the world wide web and the precious things as we know are being dug up now, the earths blood, oil and coals.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've never heard of these (3) prophecies from the Hopi. Interesting, and to the poster above all we can do is make it fit for our generation.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I love Koyaanisqatsi-and I love Philip Glass the most!!!!

Anyway, Hopi prophecy is incredibly important. I believe those are taken from the following nine signs:

“The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

“This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

“This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes — the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies.”

“This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes — the coming of the white men’s cattle.”

“This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron.”

“This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider’s web.”

“This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun.”

“This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it.”

“This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

“And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

“These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro/

digitalseance.wordpress.com...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by awake_awoke]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I know how everyone makes it fit as i tell my friends when talking about nostradamus or decoding the bible that they find those things after something happens and it sounds like it could mean that so they automatically say it and assume he was right which i why i said just a theory before i said anything.

But ive heard of people refer to chemtrails as looking like spider webs and i mean they do sometimes when the wind catches them right so it was just a thought.

Im told they were also big on the 2012 thing whichis also what made me think of the trails showing up more and more closer to 2012.

I had figured volcano for the ash but it coming from the sky was what threw me off.

Anybody else who responds, these are just thoughts as i am not a full believer of the whole prophecy idea but i like to dabble in them and open up my mind and just think what if from time to time.

And for the record the movie is awesome if anyone ever gets a chance to see it its all just nature technology and people with no words just a score that kinda goes with the movie.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Very interesting... I've never heard of these Hopi prophecies before.

The spider webs weaved in the sky bit eerily stands out to me and definately calls to mind the chemtrail phenomena. Why ever since mid march the chemtrails around my area have quadrupled,and people I've been with will notice that a clear blue, beautiful sky quickly becomes hazy and dull after those chemtrails have dissapated into the atmosphere. I don't know what they are for. Someone said they carry small reflective particles and are an attempt to slow the effects of global warming. Well the most cost-effective reflective particles I can think of would be aluminum dust, and we all know the potential increase of cancer risk when enough aluminum is involved... Anyway thats my take on that whole thing.

I dont think by "container" of ashes they meant anything natural; sounds more like a man-made BOMB to me.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Also, here is a really neat interpretation of of Hopi prophecy that I personally find fascinating:

The Hopi also have prophesied that "Turtle Island could turn over two or three times and the oceans could join hands and meet the sky." This seems to be a prophecy of a "pole shift" -- a flipping, of the planet on its axis. The Hopi call this imminent condition -- and that of society today -- "Koyaanisqatsi", which means "world out of balance...a state of life that calls for another way. "
The signs are interpreted as follows: The First Sign is of guns. The Second Sign is of the pioneers' covered wagons. The Third Sign is of longhorn cattle. The Fourth Sign describes the railroad tracks. The Fifth Sign is a clear image of our electric power and telephone lines. The Sixth Sign describes concrete highways and their mirage-producing effects. The Seventh Sign foretells of oil spills in the ocean. The Eighth Sign clearly indicates the "Hippy Movement" of the 1960s. The Ninth Sign was the U.S. Space Station Skylab, which fell to Earth in 1979. According to Australian eye-witnesses, it appeared to be burning blue.

Another Hopi prophecy warns that nothing should be brought back from the Moon -- obviously anticipating the Apollo 11 mission that returned with samples of lunar basalt. It this was done, the Hopi warned, the balance of natural and universal laws and forces would be disturbed, resulting in earthquakes, severe changes in weather patterns, and social unrest. All these things are happening today, though of course not necessarily because of Moon rocks.

www.welcomehome.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Thank you for posting that as now i have more to have fun with for a little bit.

and thank god someone else has seen the movie i remembered seeing it when i was like 16 about 5 years ago and loved it and pretty much never really thought about it again til today and stumbled upon the prophecy info.
you are now my friend on here for having good taste in movies, directors and scorewriters.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Speaking of oil spills though australia just got hit with 60,700 gallons of oil in the ocean by queensland..

Also kinda weird to read about these prophecies when so many things that relate are happening.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
does anyoe kow anything about the validity of these prophecies? the new age movement has brought an influx of fraudulent information, especially regarding "elders" of ancient tribes around the world. ive done some research of my own but found nothing conlusive. any insight? BTW koyaanisqatsi is fantastic, if you are a fan you should check out fata morgana directed by werner herzog --- classic knowledge.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

From what I've read forest fires today are much much much more devastating than they ever were before land management and the likes. This is because with preventing fires and containing them before they run their course we prevent a natural cleansing of the land, the clearing of the underbrush that occurs during the fire. There is a famous photo with Teddy Roosevelt on horseback in a forest of redwoods, and all around the redwoods is nothing but grass...This is because all of the underbrush had been burned away in a fire probably some years before. Now if one was to go to a national park, or anywhere really, to see redwoods there is a forest of smaller trees and dead limbs.

That and volcanoes are known to make natural springs boil makes me lean towards the volcano theory...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seangkt
Speaking of oil spills though australia just got hit with 60,700 gallons of oil in the ocean by queensland..

Also kinda weird to read about these prophecies when so many things that relate are happening.

That's exactly what I was talking about. Everything fits prophesies if one spins them around enough. I have heard some people recently talking about the space station as a home in the sky that could fall and I had forgotten about skylab. The shuttles are homes for the week or so they are up there and two of those have now fallen from the sky. Even the World Trade Center could be considered as fitting. All skyscrapers could be considered homes in the sky and it's only a matter of time before more degrade and begin falling.

The Eighth sign could be written about the old west as a lot of people lived off the land with long hair and such.

I don't know why I fight against prophesy so much other than I think they are from the past about the future and suck energy from the present.

I've seen both of those movies and they are very good and moving.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
About that "cobwebs in the sky" part, I too live in Southern California and the sky was horrifying today. Interesting thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

OBAMA sucked in the toxic skies today while in LA...evergreen aviation is behind the spraying. Billion dollars from the tax payers to poison US. Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the pilots???They are the ones behind the geoengineering delivery method...and I snorted some smart dust today...how about you???

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thank you ill definetly be sure to check that out.

ive heard of these prophecies for a while from random friends and such so im sure theres some validity to them but prophecies are prophecies and can be made to sound like tons of different things but still always scary to think what if and i gotta take em in my brain and store them somewhere for that reason.

thats a good point on the volcanoes though could be talking about the volcano in yellowstone they say that thing has potential to do serious damage.

and yeah so cal looked horrible today i walked outside to gloomiest ugly looking sky ive ever seen and saw it all day quite a sad sight.

id like to see more ideas on these prophecies though the ideas everyone has are quite interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
the Hopi also predicted "the house of mica would fall". That prediction was made long before 9-11 but they tried to warn the UN about it. When the United Nations was first formed the Hopi elders contacted them to alert them to their desire to be a part of the United Nations. They were ignored. They sent the message that "the House of Mica" would fall. But they were still ignored. When I read this in "The Prophetic Revelations of Paul Solomon" I knew right then that they l knew of something deeper than all of us. This book was printed in 1994. Long before 9-11. I think we should listen to everything they have to say and take it seriously. If we did, we would be the first. They have tried to warn so many of our presidents about things to come but have always been ignored. Someone needs to finally listen to them. They know what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just in case you don't know what Mica is, Mica is a very shiny metallic rock, much like the metallic exterior of the twin towers.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join