It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major earthquakes related to bombing Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is at OP a novice post but I'm hoping that will change - I'm seeing a trend but do not have the time or resources to pursue the answer. Hopefully you all will help!

It seems that since the United States bombed Iraq there has been a consistent string of large, major earthquakes following specific tectonic plate lines. This started with India (on the border of the Arabian Plate) then moved on to other major areas along the Indian plate, and now on to the Australian plate with a 7.7 today in Tonga.

Here's a link to a tectonic plates map:
www.learner.org...

If we verify the dates and magnitudes of major earthquakes along southern Asia, from Iraq to India, to Thailand, and on to Australia I bet we will find a trend.

My speculation is that the MOAB [gigantic "shock and awe" bombs] caused some significant deep rumblings to our earth, at a deeper than expected level.

[edited to make link work]

[edit on 19-3-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Turkey, India, Afghanistan, Sumatra, Tonga for starters

Here's a Wikipedia link for a list of major earthquakes (the wiki is HUGE so if you're on a slow connection might not be worth it.)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Interesting idea but without any legs I am afraid.

The events and energy liberated during earthquakes is Huge, massive and even the Daisy Cutters are like a tic on a horse. That is it does not feel it the earth, and certainly does not create (unless you can bring in resonance and Chaos theory) any affect anywhere else on the horse.

The largest explosion ever created by man the Nuclear "Tsar" bomb by the Russians was again a massive and huge event again.

But a small one compared to the energy released in Volcanoes and Earthquakes.

This "tsar" bomb only had an 5 reading on the Richter scale AT EPICENTRE.

A 4.9 happened in Market Raisen in the UK a while back and no one was even hurt.

The Richter scale increases in Hundreds so a 6 is 100 times more powerful than a Five.

Just today we have had a 7.9! in the Tonga region, if it was below a populated area the effects could have been extreme, but it is nearly 300 times more energy than the Tsar Bomb!

The Tsar Bomb was about 1000 times more powerful than Hiroshima!

The Tsar Bomba was a three-stage hydrogen bomb with a yield of about 50 megatons.[3] This is equivalent to ten times the amount of all the explosives used in World War II combined,

Much much more than all explosives dropped on Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Tsar Bomba's massive fireball, measuring 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) in diameter touched the ground, and nearly reached the altitude of the deploying Tu-95 bomber.

A big bang indeed?

Just a Five on the Richter scale.

The seismic shock created by the detonation was measurable even on its third passage around the Earth.[7] Its Richter magnitude was about 5 to 5.25

Tsar Bomb

And today :

7.9 in Tonga!

What you refer to in many different areas in these places is due to "Tectonic plates" or the continents shelfs rubbing, and going up and over/under and pushing against each other:

A good Explanation Here

There is a history of these earthquakes over time occurring along these Plates and the energy is released in an earthquake when one move over, under, against or past another and slips slightly.

It certainly is not the Bombing of any country causing it, large earthquakes through out antiquity have been recorded in the same places as now.

Kind Regards,

Elf

new topics

join