It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Products that fight back !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well, that's their sales pitch and I guess they are sticking to it.

I've only just seen one of these items and was shocked (no pun intended) to see these things are actually in use now.

The hypocrisy of it is the second line of the 'sales pitch' which reads 'Passive riot and agressro control'.

I can't think of anything less passive than a few thousand volts surging through anyones body...

The Force Shock Shields will be used in riots, crowd and prisoners control to protect personnel from thrown objects and violent attacks as well as immobilize and deter aggressors in the process of restoring order with minimum force.

209.85.229.132...:FKR0Xrb54xEJ:www.forcegroup.co.za/zip/shockriotshields.doc+police+high+voltage+electronic+shield&cd=11&hl=en&ct=c lnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

So if the stun guns dont work, they'll set up a wall of elctronic stunning shields... I wonder if anyone in a crowd might accidentaly be forced onto a generating shield? Are these shields as 'deadly' as some stun gun situations have been shown to be?

Non-lethal but effective electronic shocking device with an output of +- 50,000 volts at an average current of less than 1 micro amp.

As tested on volt meters and crash test dummies....

Fully charged battery will continuously operate the shock for up to 2 Hours or up to 10 000 quarter second busts.

Ok, so your in a peaceful protest which, for some reason, turns a bit sour and the crowd get upset and presses you against one of these shields...the police are jumpy and are trying to force you back..for two hours... I wonder if you could actually call that torture?

Ok, I know I'm being a bit 'over the top' wih my scenarios, but worse things have happened.... like, ummm, let me think.... oh yeah, people dying from stun guns.

And on a lighter note, whilst i was looking for this shield, I found a mobile phone jamming device used by police.. I never knew they had these... think I'll buy myself one..

In order to control the connection between the crime suspects and the outside world better and make the police arrest them accurately and timely, our company designedly researched and developed the mobile phone signal jammer used on the police car.

www.tootoo.com...

But if that's not to your taste and you feel that old expression approaching, "If you can't beat them, join them" then these kind of sites are right up your dark alleyway... get everything you need to emulate your superiors...
police riot gear

Looking through this list makes me feel like I am in one of these computer games.. I've just leveled up or earnt enough cash to go get myself the next set of better armour and/or equipment.. A strange feeling, but one that may have been deliberately put upon us in preperation....
Video games preparing kids for the apocalypse

And on top of all that, I've just found this news report on tasers,

An extra 6,000 Taser stun guns are to be used by police in England and Wales at a cost of £8m, the Home Office says.

The funding follows a 12-month trial in 10 forces to extend their use to trained frontline officers.

There are already 6,700 firearms officers able to use the weapons, which can temporarily disable a suspect.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith says they are safer for the police and public but human rights body Amnesty International has called them "potentially lethal".

The guns fire needle-tipped darts up to 21ft (6m) to deliver a disabling, 50,000-volt shock.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Extralien]

join