It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Enhanced Driver’s License

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
ca.travel.yahoo.com...

Well, it's good to see that there are people out here concerned about this! I did a search here on ATS, but all I found was:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
and this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm glad people are waking up to this! I myself have a new Ontario Drivers license, and when I read this article today, I was shocked! In fact, looking at the drivers license itself, I can't even imagine where this RFID chip is....there is no visible sign of it. (I didn't know there was 1 until today!)

I've been trying to figure it out, but can't. My best guess is that it is under the "hologram" picture of me.

If anybody can tell me where it is located, I'd love to know....Can't figure out how the hell they put that in a credit card sized object?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

no woories, 20 seconds in the microwave will fix it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It won't be long before every thing we touch will have some type of tracer chip in it. It has come to the point that you cannot trust any body. We no longer have any freedom what-so-ever. It just does not exist any more. I have about three people in the entire world that I think that I can really trust and that's a damned shame...sabre11004

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sty

i thoroughly microwave all clothes i buy from walmart.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Saskatchewan's decision to put the brakes on high-tech driver's licences shows their benefits don't outweigh the invasion of people's privacy, according to one of Canada's top privacy watchdogs.

One good thing about this province. But really, there is always going to be something else to keep track of you no matter where you live, ei. cell phones... Sasktel is working on getting approval a GPS system for the 911 service. Makes sense, but at the same time, so do a lot of things that invade our privacy. It all comes down to the illusion of safety or the illusion of privacy.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Here in Quebec the chipped driver's license is now available but it's $40 dollars more than the regular one and you can use it to cross the US border without a passport, but it's optional for now. Everyone thinks it's just great because of the passport thing and by making them pay for it they think it is some kind of luxury.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigspud
reply to post by sty

Mind you, next trip across the frontier to get your fix of Hostess "Real Fruit" fruit pies, and the big guy with the gun and the 'do not enter' sign might just take issue with that dud-card you're holding up to him and "Just Say No".

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adnil

I can see how that would be an incentive to get the chip in your license. But why do they need the chip?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Psygod]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

i thoroughly microwave all clothes i buy from walmart.

Now thats what you call Paranoia..

Or do you just like warm clothes?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigspud

Yah, I thought about that, but what if it destroys the license, and as JohnnyCanuck said, what happens if you try cross the border and they realise it's been "toasted"?

Hell, they might think I'm a terrorist or something, and I'd like to keep a M16 out of my face!

Sure, the so-called benefits seem great, but the fact that I can be scanned by hackers, and my info stolen defeats the "identity theft" problem we have,...not true?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Well, maybe he likes warm clothes, like Kramer in Seinfeld when he HAS to have his clothes out of a dryer...but I do believe that Walmart has been testing RFID tech in clothing sold to consumers, WITHOUT their knowledge, and tracking them.

Not sure how the hell they do that, but I guess if I google for a while, I will find something

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I guess they are "dead serious"

www.cio.com...
www.computerworld.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

reply to post by sty

Mind you, next trip across the frontier to get your fix of Hostess "Real Fruit" fruit pies, and the big guy with the gun and the 'do not enter' sign might just take issue with that dud-card you're holding up to him and "Just Say No".

i have no need to goto the land of the great satan.

top topics

join