It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 UFOs in 3 days!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Im not sure if anyone else has been seeing the same things as me but i have to ask.

I was working outside in the city centre of Bradford in the north of England on Wednesday at around 3pm. The weather over the last few days has been really clear and the visability has been excellent. The flightpath for Manchester airport is pretty much directly overhead Bradford so every few minutes i could see airliners passing over. I happened to look up at one of the airliners and had to do a double take. What i saw was really unexpected. At a higher altitude to the jet and traveling at least 4 times as quickly was 3 silver/light grey objects moving across the sky. They were in a fixed formation but a long way apart.

I tried to point them out to 2 colleagues but they could not see them as they were so hard to spot. I lost them myself for around 20 seconds before i could focus on them again alot further along their trajectory. They had no vapor trails unlike all the other passing aircraft and seemed to change colour from a light grey to a white as they moved. I know its going to sound stupid but the only object i can describe them as is the spaceship from the old 80's film "Flight of the Navigator"!

The sighting left me feeling very excited as i am a keen follower of all things weird and questionable. I just wondered if anyone else in the UK especially in the North of England has seen anything over the last few days.

I wasnt going to post anything about this until i had another sighting just half an hour ago!!

I was in my back garden having a cigerette and looking up as i always do when smoking in the garden when a very bright light at least 3 or 4 times brighter and larger than any star in the sky appeared and traveled accross the sky at a steady pace in a strait line. i watched it for just over a minute until it dimmed and got smaller and finallly disapered!
I have seen my fair share of orbs and this was nothing like it! It was so bright but definately not a shooting star because of its relatively slow speed. I called my brother to tell him to go outside and look but by the time he was outside it had vanished.
This happened in the sky over Bath in the southwest of England where i live. Did anyone on here see it?

Just what is going on. I have been into UFOs and the unexplained all my life and i have always made a point of looking up at the sky. I have never ever seen anything like wahat i have seen in the last few days. Is it just England or is this going on anywhere else? Its mad.... but i have to say im enjoying it and i feel very priviledged to have witnessed it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hello!

It can be quite an experience, isn't it?

I actually had a similr experience last Saturday, only it was a stationary single object....

I will keep track of your thread.
In the meantime if you fancy having a look of what i experience you can have a look at the thread linked by my signature below.

Farewell,
George

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I don't know what the first object you witnessed could have been. It sounds like the object that you saw while smoking was a satellte, because they seem to move at the same speed and on a direct flight plan. Would have been nice to get a photo of the first object, after seeing UFO Hunters last night, to compare the two. I hope you continue to see these things and are able to get a photo or video of them.

Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Bradford? Cool!

If you ever see anything like that again, shoot me a U2U and tell me where to look. I'll take a peek out of the office window and see what I can see

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have seen those bright white lights over my house in Watford several times. I Have also seen flashing lights from deep in space and also white lights that are moving along and then suddenly flare really bright then shoot upwards into space at incredible speed.

A few years ago I and 3 others also witnessed 3 dazzling white lights that appeared from no where, travel at fast speeds towards each other, then change direction with a blink of an eye and swoop down over our house. They had changed colour by now and were a rusty orange. They were flying a bit above where birds fly and they were a typical saucer shape but a little more elongated.

I believe that for some reason they are keeping a contact with me and my gut feeling is I will meet them some time soon.

Maybe it is the beginning of something similar for you. Just keep your eyes to the skies

[edit on 19-3-2009 by starseedz]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thanks for replying.

I have seen satalites before and they are usually dimmer than the stars in the sky. This one was massive in comparison.

I will keep my eyes peeled.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I also saw a similar object. Initially I got excited, but then the thought of satellite came to mind and I realized that was probably the case. To me it was a UFO because I couldn't identify the object. I have seen numerous satellites and I thought this was too big to be one. It reminded me of the size of an airplane as it crossed the sky, but no FAA lights. Only a solid white ball of light crossing the sky. I'll keep looking up either way, maybe someday I will be lucky enough to really see a "typical" UFO.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by BREWSE]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by starseedz

I hope your right starseedz. i really want to know whats going on up there.
There is just so much we dont know.. its exzillerating!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
sounds weird indeed, I once seen an amazing ufo as a child, I have a camera at me every day but no luck so far.

offtopic

At the OP I like your avatar, I have the BOS collectors figure I got with my Fallout 3 Special edition

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Im going to be carrying my digital camera with me from now on. Seeing so much in 3 days has got me a little wired!

May have to play some fallout 3 to relax. lol

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunkered

I was in my back garden having a cigerette and looking up as i always do when smoking in the garden when a very bright light at least 3 or 4 times brighter and larger than any star in the sky appeared and traveled accross the sky at a steady pace in a strait line. i watched it for just over a minute until it dimmed and got smaller and finallly disapered!

That would have been just after 8pm. I saw it too. About as bright as Venus (brighter than any star). But I was waiting for it: it was the ISS. From my vantage point in Worcestershire it passed just over the zenith before turning red and quicking fading and vanishing (as it passed into Earth's shadow). I repotted at the time that I wouldn't be suprised if it produced a UFO sighting.

I cannot comment ion your earlier daytime sighting though.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Wow! I thanks for explaining that one. I have never seen it before. Was that a typical sighting of it? It was a really clear view. It looked a bit like a cross come to think of it. Is that what it looked like to you? I didnt mention its shape before for fear of the inevitable " it was a plane" response.

cheers Essan

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunkered
reply to post by Essan

Wow! I thanks for explaining that one. I have never seen it before. Was that a typical sighting of it? It was a really clear view. It looked a bit like a cross come to think of it. Is that what it looked like to you? I didnt mention its shape before for fear of the inevitable " it was a plane" response.

cheers Essan

Just looked like a big bright white light to me (till it faded). It's an awesome sight though. Last year I managed to see it with the space shuttle flying just ahead - looked like a small aircraft towing a bigger one!

This is a great website - you can put in your coordinates and see exactly when the ISS is due to pass over and how bright it will be

www.heavens-above.com...

top topics

join