It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's over now, we have monetized our debt! (AIG is a smoke screen)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

Bush has plenty of shortcomings that i have payed attention to, in fact, my politcal savvy has roughly 35 years of paying attention, so youre debating the wrong person, a person who came out of high school a democrat and swiftly changed to conservative values after strings of lies. I come from an era that uses a potpourri of information to form a conclusion, instead of INTERNET LINKS... our situation is concurrent with money hungry politicians on a power grab, and a president that couldnt do enough to secure these obsenities from taking place. Bush has made a plethera of mistakes, but to call him a liar about such issues like WMD is ridiculous, i mean really, how can people honestly say "SADDAM HAD NO WMD"S, because he had 6 months warning thanks to the MSM to move, re-hide, or sell those weapons, you know, the same weapons he used in the first gulf war against our troops and his own people. Adding more to our debt, but trying to offset it somehow, with cheap oil.(back to the topic) This whole crisis is engineered to push us to global meltdown and i think both administrations are NWO friendly, not good for us.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by XD9611]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I wondered what was going on, the whole AIG thing was nothing new... but now it makes sense. The Fed just spent another trillion, don't want the public to panic over that now do we? You know, I've tried to deny what people have been saying about hyperinflation I just cannot accept/imagine it happening, now it is at the point where it might be a reality.

The problem with using inflation to combat deflation is exactly what Glenn Beck said you don't know when to pull the clutch out. The point at which the Fed will stop spending money is when prices return but since it takes so much time for the money to hit the system and gain momentum, they wont know when the right time is.

It's like being blindfolded and pouring water into glass, you wont know when the glass is full until it spills over, by the time it overflows its too late to stop, you've already made a mess.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
1. I think that in view of all our current problems, for Obama to take an Air Force One excursion to California to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is in incredibly poor taste. Having just watched it, I can state for an absolute fact that it was a bad idea and that for (unprecedented) a sitting president to appear on a comedy show in such bad times makes me question his judgment and competence. Obama really destroyed himself with this stupid appearance.

2. Just in the past couple of days the Congress (both houses and both parties) have shown their total incompetence and their cravenness. Chris Dodd denies any responsibility for the language in the Stimulus (Porkulus?) bill allowing for the AIG bonuses, then the next day admits to it but blames it on the Administration? Then the House passes a clearly unconstitutional law (ex post facto bill of attainder) to assuage public outrage? Just who the Hell do these people think they are that they can blatantly disregard the Constitution and just do what they please?

3. The Federal Reserve Bank has agreed to purchase 1.15 trillion dollars in US Treasury bonds. What this means is the government borrowing money from itself. Have the Chinese decided that enough is enough and they don't want any more? Any way you slice it, it means that we have just conjured up 1.15 trillion dollars out of thin air...the printing presses are rolling and we are debasing our currency.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the general idea.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RR98

3. The Federal Reserve Bank has agreed to purchase 1.15 trillion dollars in US Treasury bonds. What this means is the government borrowing money from itself.

If the government would own the Fed then it would be like borrowing from itself. But the Fed is a private bank remember?

Who just bought a trillion dollars worth of debt? And what does it entitle them to?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Obama being on Leno is no big deal. To think that all presidents and politicians tie themselves to their desks during crisis is laughable. Actually, I thought Obama being on Leno was good in that he looked relaxed and was candid with his answers about the problems. That goes a long way in making some feel better in that we have not panicked and there is still light in the tunnel. A 4 hour flight on air force one is a great time to do work which I'm sure he did. So, in reality, he never stopped working or talking about the issues. Get a grip.

As far as the viability of the solutions, I don't know. If this is the global banking gambit we on ATS have warned, then we must all remain united, strong, and fearless. We sink or swim togehter in this one. I'm hoping this is a much needed wake up call the the sleepwalking sheeple who ignore their citizen responsibility and allow others to tell them what is truth. It's time for "we the people" to be just that.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by skoalman88
Great post! On a side note, am I the only one suspicious of the "new" Beck? He came out swinging from day one and hasn't stopped. I find it odd.

Yeah he doesn't sit well with me. I have an gut feeling, nothing more, that he is trying to p!ss the population off in a hope that they do something drastic.

Okay in this video from 01:51 - 02:12

Apparently 'they' been working for over a week on a graphic to support a news story that happened yesterday?

Am I the only person to find this odd?

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Loonix]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dorfl

Originally posted by RR98

3. The Federal Reserve Bank has agreed to purchase 1.15 trillion dollars in US Treasury bonds. What this means is the government borrowing money from itself.

If the government would own the Fed then it would be like borrowing from itself. But the Fed is a private bank remember?

Who just bought a trillion dollars worth of debt? And what does it entitle them to?

No the Fed bought a bunch of debt that is owed to itself. It essentially allowed an insolvent entity (the US Government) to borrow money from itself but it paid for it. So on top of adding to amount borrowed by the Treasury (with interest of course) the Fed will simply print more money out of thin air which causes inflation by increasing the money supply in the wild with the double impact of a deflationary economy. Compound that with the psychological effect of now it shows the US Treasury is insolvent as is the Federal Reserve. So now China, Japan, and other will stop investing in Treasury bonds as well which cuts off our line of credit, which will further devalue the dollar.

So if you want to make the dollar worthless and cause hyper inflation what do you? You spend like you have unlimited money, (thank you Obama and our worthless congress) and then you run the printing press at full steam and buy insolvent debt (thank you Bernake and your useless Federal Reserve).

If you want an example of this done in recent history look no further than Countrywide or AIG. That showed us what happens when you buy debt as an asset and then cook your books with it. You become insolvent and useless as your only product becomes debt.

Except this time guess who is going to bail out the United States???? That's right, the benevolent new World Central Bank and their new global currency. Of course they will now lend us a new useless waste of paper backed only by debt so we will end up slaves to a global central bank instead of a national central bank.

I don't even want to start to paint what that picture will look like but I promise you it will not be pretty.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Oh ya and I forgot to add...

When you start getting paid in the new fancy currency and you are thinking nice, I get to pay off my mortgage because I owed 100k USD in my contract with the bank, and that equals only one hundred units of the new currency.

With the legislation that is being passed for AIG executive bonuses, they are setting the precedent to be able to override and nullify any contract they want. If not they will tax you 90 percent.

Trust me they are covering their bases to make sure we all get anally pummeled extra hard and you will have to slave away for the rest of your life.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rocksrhot
As important as the dollar has been and is, thank God we have more than one currency. I think I will purchase some property in the States over the next year and moth ball it until the markets recuperate. there is a positive to a negative

[edit on 19-3-2009 by rocksrhot]

Not to bust your real estate bubble (excuse the pun) LOL, but our land is the only tangible thing that will be left besides stuff like gold, silver, oil, ect, ect. Anyway point is when Asia or the middle east come to collect their debt what do you think we have to pay them with? Our land, thus buying up land will prove fruitless in the long run, it will be seized so you will not profit from it. A better place to put your money is in long term food storage and survival items, maybe some gold and silver, if you can find any. Notice all the commercials (Will buy gold for top dollar)? Or have you noticed signs up in your community asking you to sell your gold here paying top dollar, there is a reason for that. Mostly the government is behind this as they are collecting all the gold they can get their hands on. The best place to put your money while it is still good is in the future of feeding and housing your family in the end that is all that will matter. Good Luck..............

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It is unconstitutional to pass a bill of attainder. It is unconstitutional to pass an ex post facto law. Congress has just done both by exceeding its authority.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I'm hoping this is a much needed wake up call the the sleepwalking sheeple who ignore their citizen responsibility and allow others to tell them what is truth. It's time for "we the people" to be just that.

This is a good thing to hope for, however I am afriad the sheeple will not wake up until the food that they are putting in their mouth is literay ripped out of their hands, then they might stop and see the reality, but until it effects them directly and drasticly I am afraid that they will not wake up, because they are so brainwashed as well as complaciant.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yeah I been saying the same thing about Glen Beck for sometime but the Patriot Act here on ATS is sort of like another smoke screen to offset government spending. It becomes analytical to think otherwise. Glen Beck is nothing more than a shock jock terror advisor that feeds on anything the government tries to do to fix the problem. And the funny thing is he's got the lap of luxury stock piled from all of his network ratings. The points keep adding up and the advertising dollars are still rolling in. What is the point to jump on every single thing the government does? or what the president does for that matter? Perhaps a isolated global market called the United States? These people are doing their jobs to resolve so many problems very few would stand to do. That's why their in Washington. That's why their in office. It's funny how these news agents know more about how to run a government than the government itself. Here's your shadow government you've been looking for all along. I just hope you buy their book and drive around with their bumper sticker. In fact we are fortunate to have a president that is fit for this situation. What do you think John McCain would do in these situations? Get in touch with his call girl? I haven't heard about that old man since the election ended and he was supposed to be the next president with all the answers. It's always about Ron Paul nowadays. I'm willing to bet that John McCain is the real thorn in your side when it comes to focus on real solutions. Not computer simulations and hype built from speculation. And its a good thing too these power players in Washington are setting their sights along the lines of the New World Order. You know the NWO!!! The electric cars, free energy, anti gravity, and so on. Someone has to put these structures in place. If no one did this country would be riddled with Mega Churches. Big giant tax havens to hide and protect assets far greater than any other entity. That wouldn't take away your freedoms or go against the Constitution would it? When people become enslaved against their own free will and beg mercy to the almighty executioner. It just might be time to hide from the big bad taxman. Who wants to lead the world in the right direction when we see them building bigger and bigger crosses throughout the land. So maybe in the long term if the dollar finally meets its end a new monetary system won't be as horrible as it is projected. You won't have the fed or the dollar. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad for the United States to merge with other countries after this. We are all familiar with these things from books and movies. I am all for a unified global system. The New World Order without borders. Imagine in the years ahead what your world would be like when the possible was once thought to be impossible. Start burning that money. It's over. The all seeing eye. The owl. The spider. All these stupid hidden meanings. Their all coming to an end.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by WISHADOW]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Perhaps it's a cultural difference but I find Beck, like Alex Jones, to be almost completely unwatchable. A bit of showmanship is one thing, but this shared base line requirement to SHOUT at viewers is quite frankly insufferable. I'm neither deaf nor an errant child, I really don't need to be bawled at in my own home, thanks very much.

Are there any sober US financial commentators we should be following ?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ok, first off... the Government is NOT fighting against deflation with inflation.

The government is fighting against INFLATION with inflation.

Inflation is an increase in th money supply (Check out the FRB: M0 report.)

The us dollar used to be on the gold standard... and this was good.

You could exchange $20 for one ounce of gold.

The first dollars were effectively, Gold redemable certificates.

But the Gold redemption was dropped after ww2.

The bretton wood system was set up after the great depression, that effectively made the US Dollar the resrve currancy of the world.

Th bretton woods agreement also linked the value of the dollar to the proce of gold, at $35 per troy ounce of gold.

This was the US's end of the bretton woods deal.

In 1971, nixon effectively ENDED the bretton woods agreement by de-coupling the valu of the dollar from the value of gold.

In 1993, Bill clinton signed into law the North american free trade agreement, that removed or severely limited protective import tarrifs on foreign goods.

This made the outsourceing of manufacturing jobs from the US to other countries a Economic NESSECITY.

Then, we get the fed printing MOUNTAINS of money, and THAT is inflationary.

The problem here... is that people are getting paid relatively the same numerical ammount of dollars, as more money is flooding the economy, and thus every single dollar is worth less.

You make the same, and yet it buys less.

You buy less, companies MAKE less.

Companies MAKE less, they HIRE less.

They HIRE less, they PAY less.

We are PAID less, we BUY less.

We BUY less, they MAKE less.

They MAKE less, they HIRE less...

You see the spiral, right?

To say that the fed is fighting deflation with inflation is a misnomer.

YES th economy is in a deflationary period... but it is BECAUSE of the INFLATION of the currancy.

So, they are fighting the INFLATION of the currancy, (which causes the deflation of the economy) with INFLATION of the money supply.

it is just a bag full of stupid.....

Or a world of deliberate EVIL, either one.

-Edrick

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by The Lass

I can't blame Beck. I feel like shouting at everyone all the time to WAKE UP!!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
On the bright side, at least medical marijuana is becoming more of a peaceful reality... we're going to need it to shoulder the back pain of these political clowns.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
wow. I used to visit this site off and on for views and info I don't find elsewhere. but the last few times I've glanced at this site, it appears to have been taken over by only the right wing delusional militia types. unless that's how it always was and I missed it. If Glenn Beck is who you people have for a source for "the truth" and "information" this site is as bs as fox news and any other site. Glenn Beck has your interests in mind about as much as Bush does. At his best, he's the racist idiot uncle. at worst, a stooge. Glad to know where you people get your information.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by VenusOnTheHalfShell

You will have to step up your "Morals" in order to be United.

If alot of people don't wake up and quit spending time trying to defend Obama, we might just get somewhere.

I could feel sorry for Obama as you people expect way too much for just a man. With his experence level, there is no way he can fix any of this.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Flashback!! 9/10/01

2.3 Trillion Dollars of Tax Payer money unaccounted for at Pentagon

2.3 TRILLION!! missing? The money was not spent as part of a measly $800 Billion dollar bailout, nor was it used for $165 Million in bonuses to AIG.

2.3 TRILLION of US tax payer dollars was simply lost by the Pentagon.

Whoops!

But that was 9-10-01 and a the next day, the world was turned upside down and everyone forgot about this little statement made by Donald Rumsfeld.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I get a real kick out of you Beck bashers.

Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs are the only two main stream media that cover anything of value. It really does not matter if you "enjoy" watching them or not. If it is that bad for you, just wait a week or two for someone else to cover it.

The bigger point is, they deliver real facts that other will not. You comments really have no merit what so ever. Just like anything else on this site, "Prove It"!

Show us a main source as an Alternative. Show us evidence that was is being said is wrong.

You guys must really have your head in the sand. Hell I would watch Joan Collins if she gave me something that mattered. Something that checks out. Something that effects me as an American. Or, as far as that goes right now, alot of this stuff effects the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join