It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's over now, we have monetized our debt! (AIG is a smoke screen)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
From GLenn Beck's tv/radio show...he explains how the Public is being deceived.

Did you notice what the fed did yesterday?

The fed is buying our debt.....that is NOT good. The spending has to stop NOW.

added vids to post/edit title

[edit on 19-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Hope those printing presses are nitrogen cooled because they are going to be working on overtime.

This is going to have major implications. I hate being all doom and gloom I would much rather be happy and cheerful and telling lies with my friends.

But, this is a last ditch effort. China must have cut us off in a back room phone call. It was just too much for them to handle.

It is clear to everybody in the world that our government has no idea what the hell it is doing and they are just grasping at straws.

It also doesn't help that our president is more concerned about NCAA Brackets and Campaigning and going on Jay Leno, when he should be at the Oval Office reigning in his party and calling every single person with an alternate idea.

All I can say is that I hope his works.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Im not too familiar with US debt/fed things,so let me no if my comparison is close

buying your own debt......using your visa card to payoff your mastercard bill ?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
They have all this planned for a long time, and to think that we were talking about this same thing here in ATS for years.

First the collapse of the US economy, the collapse of the American dollar and very soon a new currency.

And to think that we that talked about all this were call crazies and conspiracies believers.

Well I will like to see what those that made fun of us have to say about all this.

The collapse of the dollar is been intentionally, don't make doubt about it.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just to give you an idea of how much money they are putting into the system...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80c5922ee066.jpg[/atsimg]
The black dots are a 6 foot tall man and a sedan.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

sorta, but some of the T bills will be purchased by foreign governments too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

nice comparison, if you put 2 of those together , you would throw the 911 folks in a tizzy as well

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

yeah but if you remember they are pumping nearly 2 trillion into the economy...

Bad news folks just learned my mother and sister lost their jobs... That makes my whole family of 4 out of work.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Truly sorry to here that , we here sometimes joke tounge in cheek, but thats no joking matter.. My brother in law lost his job at Stelco after 28 yrs , its very real

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

It is a little more complicated than that, but you got it about right to keep it simple.

Just to put into perspective the consequences of this action if it doesn't work, just take a look at Zimbabwe.

reply to post by marg6043

I don't know, I have a hard time believing that a complete and total collapse of the worlds economy was in the plans. I was thinking more along the lines of systemic collapse one country at a time. Complete collapse all at the same time doesn't further anybody's agenda.

They can't exactly win war against 3+ billion people. Also if complete collapse happens nobody will ever trust the people in the government. People are not just going to roll over and say save me. Some will no doubt but a majority of people are going to say shove it.

It is not good.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

it ain't over & the IMF can only speculate its forecasts.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You know what causes me concern ?

If your a country holding US Dollars, what would you be thinking right now ?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Im not too familiar with US debt/fed things,so let me no if my comparison is close

buying your own debt......using your visa card to payoff your mastercard bill ?

No it is more like Visa buying your debt that you owe to Visa. This acknowledges to the rest of the world you can't pay your debt but at the same time you will still get charged interest. Therefor there is a still a huge debt to be paid to someone and now no one else will loan you money because they know you can't pay it back.

So at this point you either get a higher paying job and/or you cut back on your expenses. I would expect the US Government to do neither of these reasonable options.

We are full steam ahead for total collapse with the worst our greedy corrupt government with special interest has to offer at the helm.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Escape route.

I would order reports and investigations into what is the strongest possible currency. It would be worth selling T-bills for penny's on the dollar as long as my long term financial future is secure.

It isn't good, I just hope it works.

Also I would like to add governments are trying to do what China is doing right now buying up copper mines and other mines.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It seems like more and more people are beginning to wake up to
the corruption and greed on Capitol Hill. But is it enough? The administration and Congress are trying to cover their butts, but I doubt if any REAL change will come about as a result of everything that has come to light. As Beck said, they will just throw their scapegoats under the bus and continue to find new and even more creative ways to screw the American taxpayer. We're in for one hell of a year!
S&F Dave!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
As important as the dollar has been and is, thank God we have more than one currency. I think I will purchase some property in the States over the next year and moth ball it until the markets recuperate. there is a positive to a negative

[edit on 19-3-2009 by rocksrhot]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Talk about the ultimate reality show.
Obama's in the land of fruits and nuts talking about how nice it is to get outta the White House, how all everybody in Washington is talking about is how it's the "Other" side's fault that we're in all these messes, but that "I'll take responsibility, the buck stops here!" (we'll ALL see how true that statement is in a few days, I'm afraid). Next he's off to Burbank to plug his new book on Leno.
Meanwhile, Obama's "Golden Boy Geithner" is in the hot seat about what he did or didn't know/conceal/bury/ whatever regarding the AIG bonuses; whether THAT was the reason it was shoved thru so quickly, to the point of people now calling for his resignation. But he's got his boy Obama in his corner so he's safe for now... just long enough to monetize the nation's debt. Then it really won't matter anymore. What a coup!
Now up to the hill where a 3 ring circus, the likes of which noone has seen since PT Barnum is in full swing. They wont know what hit them.
Jeez. And it's not even sweeps week.

edited for spelling

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Elostone]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

They'll have to cut back avatar. No real money will force them to do so. They will be forced to actually balance the budget 100%, no tricks and no borrowing. Eradication of entitlements like Social Security, Medicare, are in the works if this happens. Drastic reductions in spending up to 50% across the board.

That ultimately leads down even further reduction of tax receipts as entitlements are cut off, and thus begins the spiral of death.

If theres no money to pay out people that doesn't leave the government much to work with. I doubt that stores will take government IOU's in place of FRN's, and printing gobs of money will not solve the problem as you're missing increased wage aspect to begin a hyperinflation scenario.

We're looking at a forced contraction of government of unprecedented levels (which in my humble opinion is a good thing -- if we can remain a republic at the end of the day -- but that's doubtful).

All I can say is that Ben will more than likely get stuck, and end up with all the $6 trillion worth of treasuries. If that happens? Well...

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Not Authorized]

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Not Authorized]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I suggest that everyone write their congressperson.Explain to them you know exactly what has transpired with this monetized debt scheme.

They are at fault for all this BS.They sould have let AIG take bankruptcy.
No these idiots just throw our entire economy down the drain,just to cover their own *sses.

Who do you think will have to bear the burden when this country goes into recievership? When hyper-inflation causes the dollar to completly collapse? When a full weeks pay won't buy a weeks worth of groceries?

Congress? The President? The Senate? Nope just us dummies that voted these fools into office in the first place.
Better start learning Chineese,they hold most of the debt.Hold on this is going to be a wheels up landing I'm afraid!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I don't know why in the hell Obama is hanging out in California...staying as far away from Washington as possible to avoid looking like he has no involvement...and then going out on Leno to play celebrity while the country is falling apart.

Added 2 vids to OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join