It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Quit bankrupting this country & Monitor The Federal Reserve

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR
Well that is the argument on the 16th amendment. is that not enough states ratified it to make it valid. If there was a proper legal challenge argued against the legal ratification.

And if it were proved to have NOT been ratified Then they would be constitutionaly barred from those taxes. I myself have NO problem paying taxes. I just want them to be paying for things that are for the good of the people like services and roads and, oh. I don't know mabey HEALTH CARE. No I wouldn't mind at all if instead of income tax I paid a "for the good of all Americans" tax.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I wonder if Ron Paul would be willing to go that far?

I mean, I'm sure he could find a Constitutional Lawyer that may be willing to argue it. But is he willing to put his neck out there that far?

I don't think he could come out and tell people to do it. Or suggest they do it. I think he knows how deep contractual law goes and knows that would be even worse then barking at the heels of the fed, but I think he could be counted on to stand up and say it's hard to argue against the people when this is how desperate they have become to get our attention.

I don't know. I do know that the American people would have actually then be honestly able to say...to the world...we tried and have exhausted every legal remedy to reign our government back under control.

Foreign interests will see the writing on the wall and what it could do to all their contracts if the government were overthrown and put pressure on Washington too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

And this is why people who stick to their guns on the issue about not having to pay those taxes are never actually thrown in jail. If their lawyer pursues that route, the Gov drops charges.
Why?
Because they don't want this VERY THING brought into the court room.

Roads?
Gasoline tax pays for that.

Health Care?
I don't think socialization of private practice is good for the standards of the care. Why would we want the same MFers that bankrupted social security to handle our health care?
Ask any Canadian that needs a heart transplant. You can find them in Detroit.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And this is why people who stick to their guns on the issue about not having to pay those taxes are never actually thrown in jail. If their lawyer pursues that route, the Gov drops charges.
Why?
Because they don't want this VERY THING brought into the court room.

Yes and no. some people have been able to win this one yes. but it is the little guy. Anytime someone makes a big deal of it or gets public about it they squash him real quick. it's OK to go one on one in court but if there is a reporter there or if you try and get lots of people to do it your toast.

Class action would be the way to, and I agree with however said that Ron Paul would get behind it in a heartbeat.

Health Care?
I don't think socialization of private practice is good for the standards of the care. Why would we want the same MFers that bankrupted social security to handle our health care?
Ask any Canadian that needs a heart transplant. You can find them in Detroit.

It was an example. Don't look at other systems. Think of what could be created with even a portion of what we spend on income tax. roughly 1/3 of your income, of every Americans income. If they cut that in half the economy would flow AND there would be so much good that could be done.

*Also don't forget that the government is not in control of the money they must borrow it and the don't control inflation so any blame for social security, goes to the fed. all these money problems poping up like weeds , go back to the root. the fed. At this point I would like to see the U S treasury back in charge, basing the money on something of value is far more stable. Also don't forget that since the fed causes these problems, They are able to make monstrous amounts of money, Easy to do when you know whats coming in advance. It's the ultimate insider trading. on the bailout alone we are indebted to the fed for trillions upon trillions of dollars. that money will do nothing to help the people.*

[edit on 3/19/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

hold on Bucko , you want the people in charge of your banks , in charge of your health care?

Btw , how many of those banks went belly up in last 2 yrs, 250 maybe

how much in bailout money ?

Canadian banks belly up .0

bailout money .0

ya, dont wanna change that system

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I would like to see all documents from 1913, the bank records of everyone who voted for that amendment, as well as all records from the Federal Reserve act the following year. Show enough collusion and questionable relationships and now you have reason to repeal the amendment through a special vote of the people not the Congress

I would like to see the records too. We never will because they are filed away with Obamas birth certificate.

Ron has a bill already. write a letter to your representative and tell them to support bill HR833, I already have.

'To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks, to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and for other purposes. '
Bill # H.R.833

Congress.org

The ball is rolling. Lets make it snowball. Like you said if millions of people get behind this and show support. It could really happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
this is the stuff the msm should be showing on t.v not who obama thinks will make it to the final four.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienChaser

I would like to see all documents from 1913, the bank records of everyone who voted for that amendment, as well as all records from the Federal Reserve act the following year. Show enough collusion and questionable relationships and now you have reason to repeal the amendment through a special vote of the people not the Congress

I would like to see the records too. We never will because they are filed away with Obamas birth certificate.

Ron has a bill already. write a letter to your representative and tell them to support bill HR833, I already have.

'To abolish the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks, to repeal the Federal Reserve Act, and for other purposes. '
Bill # H.R.833

Congress.org

The ball is rolling. Lets make it snowball. Like you said if millions of people get behind this and show support. It could really happen.

I have written and called my Congressperson and both my States Senators office.

I get a form email back informing me what their office is accomplishing in Washington! It usually is exclaiming the virtues of what I have written suggesting they not do.

I call, I get some girl or guy on their staff that says, well I am not familiar with that bill or this bill myself, what is it that you are concerned about it. I will read them the passages from the bills word for word and they will say...oh yes, that language sounds like it needs better clarrified.

They would say that if the language called for their personal summary execution...oh yes, it does sound like that lanquage needs clarified, I sure will pass these notes along to the representative so and so.

It's a joke.

I gaurantee if I told them I had a two first class plane tickets for the representative to a five star resort, with meals and golf included where I would like to discuss it with them, I would get a phone call back.

I have no doubt that on the golf course the representative themself would say...oh yes that language does need clarified.

I do my part and try. They do their part and pretend to listen.

I am sure you see what it is accomplishing.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I like your idea of using local newspapers to get word out, that is a strong way to reach the tax payers. Although the local newspapers are hurting I'm sure if someone was writing a Thomas Paine Common Sense type article it would sell. I was also thinking why don't people on ATS create a Newspaper based off of topics in politics, that ATSers could print off and send to people, or heck just place them at peoples doorsteps with the other newspapers. That would be an effective way to get truth to the public and inform them about whats happening. Just truthful unbiased stories mixed in with some opinion articles. Freedom of the Press.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I really feel for mr Paul but i honestly can't see anyone else in congress jumping up to support him they are all hypnotized and asleep he is the only one awake.

The train is running out of track guys time to prepare people and take back what's ours. Our freedom......

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Ron Paul hits it out of the park once again.
The man should have been president, its obvious why he got no media coverage during the election.

I'm also surprised you didnt post another Beck thread Dave, good jorb!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Abraham Lincoln Quotes:

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to
tremble for the safety of my country; corporations have been enthroned, an era of
corruption in High Places will follow, and the Money Power of the Country will
endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the People, until
the wealth is aggregated in a few hands, and the Republic is destroyed."

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise
their Constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to
dismember it or overthrow it."

I believe that time has come. The question is, what are we going to do?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stinger94
----------
Well, hopefully I don't get jailed for speaking out against my country to my governor, but this is what I sent to the governor of North Carolina. I say that considering [color=gold] I am in the military, but who better to send something considering that it will be me and fellow military members being put on the streets if North Carolina decides to harbor the Guantanamo detainees.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
So we'll see what happens. I would encourage more people to get involved and write their governors. [color=gold] Nothing may come of it, but I [color=gold] guarantee the local medias or some in the mainstream [color=gold] may pick up the story of people doing this.

Hopefully you don't get jailed? This is the gov't programming talking. They have raised a bunch of sheep to never argue or get mad. Getting mad means you loose the fight in some 'civilized' forums. Fuggum. Controlled anger earns respect.

You are in the military? Have courage and thank you!

Nothing may come of it?!? Have some backbone! (see below too) You've stated your desires in honor. Never back down from that.

Personally, I hope that everyone stays Extremely HoPPinG MaD and doesn't forget what's been going on the last few months. When things get 'alittle' better they will try to sedate you again!

You guarantee that mainstream medias may ... ?? I guess that makes sense but, in my opinion, rebuild your conviction on the matter so that you can express yourself with courage. Politicians fear us.

The Americans that are awakening. Learn the tricks of Dodd's and Frank's ther are NOT your friends. They are traitors to America. I'll stop naming names. You know who they are... We're free to stand up to them any way that we can peacefully.

I S&F most of the posts !!! Great thread !!! Great Opinions !!!
Glad to be American.

Edit color issues

[edit on 3·20·09 by DrMattMaddix]

[edit on 3·20·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
If you are interested in reviewing a mostly peaceful scenario of replacement of the gov't see the one that really happened a few days ago in Madagascar.

Granted it's a world away off the coast of Africa but the opposing party with aid of the military took of gov't buildings until the sitting President could no longer rule from his palace.

He resigned.

This is just one scenario.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well, here's what TR had to say:

Some TR quotes:

"Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president."

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, right or wrong - is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."

"When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.'"

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all." (African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, Mexican-Americans, etc. are what we are talking about here)

Note that he always used a lower case "p" when referring to the office of president of the United States rather than the upper case "P" that is common nowadays, even though he honored the Senators by using an upper case "S".

'Nuff said. Any questions?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Ron Paul BLAMES Congress for this Bonus Fiasco!

He tells it just like it is.

Congress stepped all over our Constitution today.
In the meantime, the Fed continues to run amok.
Billions of dollars are being sent overseas.
Trillions of dollars has been lost.
The world is dropping our treasuries.

In the meantime...we have Congress showing "fake" outrage over 165 million dollars...and in the process are stepping all over the Constitution.

What we are letting our government do is downright dangerous to our rights.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by David9176]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19 Mar 09 by Gools]

as a fan of your posts, good coverage!

Dr Paul is a new idol of mine. i never took him seriously until the past 2 years. i AWOKE to the problems facing the country. these smoke screens (AIG as an example) have deviated the PUBLIC MINDSET from the true problems at hand. DR PAUL has been one of the few who has the only light in a very dark tunnel. I JUST WISH this man was heard by every American.... his voice is silenced by distraction, and MSM detours (AKA, 165 million dollar bonuses) and its not even an amount that is major compared to the billions we poured into that company. SMOKE SCREEN.

if only the American public would get off their high chairs, get up, and make a stand, ONLY THEN we could make a stand to stop this madness.

S&F because im a fan, and your devotion to America. you ARE A PATRIOT. keep up the good work and keep spreading the word... even if it falls apun deaf ears...

EDIT : (note to self, Posting while drunk can cause misspellings!)

[edit on 3/20/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Eh I was reading in several forums were this speech and some of the current events were brought up. Know how it was received? The folks start hooping and yelling saying this was conspiracy theory, wild speculation and fantasy. They called Paul a senile old man. They then had the guy kicked from the forum for anti-American sentiment.

He tries but, IMO "We The People" or the majority are the ones asleep at the wheel for far too many decades divided over trivial issues.

My hope is far gone it is like trying to tape up an apple when the core has already rotten and has long been ate out by worms. My family and I are sitting down today and discussing options. Some of them are to abandon this country and move elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The thing with the Fed spending all this money is like this.....so long as we have the world reserve currency AND the euro zone is getting it's ass handed to it....the dollar will not do Thaat bad......BUT all the spending and policy of low intrest rates is making our foreign creditors cringe and puts added pressure on them to cut ties with the dollar.....i.e a new bretton woods system to be set up with the dollar no longer reserve currency ....i believe the IMF has Special Drawing Rights and can choose a new currency that can also be used * to settle debts denonminated previously in dolllars* someone could double check that for me........but should the UN or IMF or world bank unite behind another currency .....the USA loses it's superpower status.....which also allows it to live above it's means.....THIS TRUMPS any so called recovery that hopes to be taking place in the second half of the year (mostly spurred by gov't simply spending and having this add to GDP instead of added employment) so it's is misleading recovery anyway......but a New bretton woods system is a GAME CHANGER.....it hits the re-set button on what the USA is and is CAPABLE of..........all the people that think this is just a cycle (even should we enter a depression) ........will realize that any cycles we went thru were dependent on the dollar as reserve currency...we lose that and we will have a different set of cycles....

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Your right... the IMF can issue a special 'money'.
i did a cut-&-paste about it yesterday on some thread....

but the
IMF, & the WorldBank for that matter, are under duress & are treated as a 'Leper' by most of the global community already.

There is a idea being tossed around, (just in time for G-20 Summit)
that a basket of currencies, Dollar-Ruble-Yuan-Euro take the place of the USD as the Global Reserve Currency..

(read it at?? ~ not quite sure~)
'321.gold' ? or 'theinternationalforecaster' ?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89

I like your idea of using local newspapers to get word out, that is a strong way to reach the tax payers. Although the local newspapers are hurting I'm sure if someone was writing a Thomas Paine Common Sense type article it would sell. I was also thinking why don't people on ATS create a Newspaper based off of topics in politics, that ATSers could print off and send to people, or heck just place them at peoples doorsteps with the other newspapers. That would be an effective way to get truth to the public and inform them about whats happening. Just truthful unbiased stories mixed in with some opinion articles. Freedom of the Press.

One thing is for sure, local Newspapers are hurting for business and bad. Most of their revenue comes from Real Estate and Car Dealership advertising and both are off about 60% from normal levels. Newspapers are teetering as a result of it.

One of the tough parts that effects all politics can be "To Much Information"

At all levels of our government they withhold information for more reasons than just to hide corruption. At some level information gets to be too much for the average person to comprehend so they start rejecting the entire message.

Can you imagine the average farmer in Iowa, going yes, this all makes sense about those theives in Washington, but what about this here nonsense about Space Aliens? Oh look here dear they are saying the Secret Service actually shot JFK! Wow would you look at this one Zionists are taking over the world and are going to use technology to mimic the trump! What will they think of next! This is funnier than the National Inquirer, but I don't beleive a word of it.

They toss it in the trash and go about their business. For all they know it could all be true, but they sure don't want any of it to be true, including that you can't trust your own government to begin with.

It's sad to say but the only message that really works is the message most everyone can see some sense in and agree. The more you pile on that makes people disagree, the more that disagreement leads to indecision and then inaction.

No offense meant to anyone but when you keep it simple and you keep it stupid, stupid, simple people feel comfortable lending support to something simple and stupid they can understand.

Beleive me the stuff Washington does now days that intelligent questioning people object too, they don't even worry about, because they do manipulate the education and media system to keep the majority simple and stupid, and they can always spin simple and stupid explanations that play on their fears and uncertainties to get them to say...oh it makes sense to me.

We don't understand how they can possibly keep getting away with it, but the reality is the majority of the people are simple and stupid, and the majority of smart people just love to deny things that pottentially spell bad news. Honey that is not a real UFO sucking our cows up into the air, I am sure it's just a Steven Speilberg movie being shot. Check the Newspaper in the morning, you will see. I bet it has a big article about the production crew!

I get class action lawsuit notices in the mail all the time. My cell phone company overcharged people in 2000 sign on this paper and send it in to get a check for 5.95, my bank engaged in some illegal practice in 2002 sign this form and send it in for 11.91 cents.

Something tells me these days there would be no shortage of simple average people who would be willing to sign just about anything for the chance to get 1.99!

As long as it's presented to them in a simple way that is!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join