It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: Quit bankrupting this country & Monitor The Federal Reserve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ron Paul BLAMES Congress for this Bonus Fiasco!

He tells it just like it is.

Congress stepped all over our Constitution today.
In the meantime, the Fed continues to run amok.
Billions of dollars are being sent overseas.
Trillions of dollars has been lost.
The world is dropping our treasuries.

In the meantime...we have Congress showing "fake" outrage over 165 million dollars...and in the process are stepping all over the Constitution.

What we are letting our government do is downright dangerous to our rights.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by David9176]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19 Mar 09 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's amazing that they can't wait to get him off.
The gavel kept coming until he left.

This Govt. is so Corupt that there is only one fix.

Hit the reset button and throw all three branches out on their butt.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Re-seat congress. Withdraw all representatives and have our governors FIRE them or pursue legal action.

The American people cannot rely on the three branches of government any longer.

We need at least ONE of them on OUR side.

The Executive is subordinate to the Fed
The Judicial is 'hand-picked' by the Political parties.

The representatives were and remain our only hope to rest power from the supranational bank cartel that is tyrannically ruining the planet.

Are there ANY patriots left anymore? Or does 'celebrity' corrupt them all?

Will the people EVER get their country back, or have the businessmen sold it all?

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
i'm losing hope.

To have to sit here and watch the warfare between government, business, and banks is something to behold.

The worst thing about it....all of us will pay for it.

The innocent...law abiding citizens of this country will receive the real damage done...as they are now.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
When Barney Frank whined about an interuption that was without yield and out of order, and a few minutes later, interupted himself without being recognized. I had to laugh.

It was like a grade school playground with all of them, including Pelosi, acting tough, when we all know they are ignorant in most of what they vote for...Even when it is they author the BS legislation.

I believe that along with sending shoes to bush and tea bags to washington, Congress needs to be sent some cheese.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
i'm losing hope.

To have to sit here and watch the warfare between government, business, and banks is something to behold.

The innocent...law abiding citizens of this country will receive the real damage done...as they are now.

Old African saying:

"When the Elephants fight, it's the ants that get crushed."

I refuse to give these losers the advantage of taking my hope away. Even if they 'succeed', it WILL be temporary and they WILL find themselves face to face with a reckoning. This Republic is about the LAW..., they want the LAW gone! It's a burden to their freedom as 'leaders'. We need to remind that it is that way BY DESIGN - because the framers of the constitution KNEW THEN that they could NOT EVER be trusted to be selfless and committed to the people's welfare as long as they consider themselves 'leaders' as opposed to the 'employees' they are.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well, hopefully I don't get jailed for speaking out against my country to my governor, but this is what I sent to the governor of North Carolina. I say that considering I am in the military, but who better to send something considering that it will be me and fellow military members being put on the streets if North Carolina decides to harbor the Guantanamo detainees.

I believe it is time to recall, revote, fire or bring legal action against the people we voted to represent us in Washington. Our congressmen and senators are no longer supporting what the american public wants, and are acting on their own. This is evidenced by the bailout that over 90% of americans were against, and it was voted in favor of anyway. Over the last 6 months our representatives have gone against the wishes of the public almost every time. They work for us, we do not work for them. When we lose sight of that, we have lost our country. I am tired of sitting idly by getting upset and not doing anything. Is North Carolina going to be one of the states that harbor the Guantanamo Bay detainees? You have some of the most important bases in the country right here in NC, where do you think the terrorists would want to hit? It's time to put aside personal agendas and start doing what's right for the country, that begins by listening to what the American public wants.

So we'll see what happens. I would encourage more people to get involved and write their governors. Nothing may come of it, but I guarantee the local medias or some in the mainstream may pick up the story of people doing this.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

S and F for you!

You always have the BEST threads with such important information!!

THANK YOU for the threads you do!! I always find them very informative and good!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
RP is always on the money (sorry).
Sometimes I imagine where we would be had he been elected President, then I laugh at my own joke.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It seems the NWO agenda is full steam ahead. If this passes then the Government will have the power to tax and nullify contracts to anyone they don't like.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This stuff is sickening.
I just heard that they passed the taxation of those bonuses.

They have just set a very dangerous precident. They have effectively put a 90% tax on income.
As the poster above said, they now have a precident to NULL AND VOID any contract they deem fit!

This is ridiculous.
We know they were using the entire thing as a distraction to keep people off of the overseas money in the first place. But now they got the added bonus of treating that "goddamned piece of paper" as nothing more than toilet paper once again.

Yeah, I'll be writing my Governor. But I'm afraid for those types of actions have just about run their course. I've written my reps several times in the past year and not once have I received a reply. They show utter contempt for the wishes of their employers.

It is time to fire them.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

i'm losing hope.

Ive already lost hope. Im in preparation mode for my family. Our dollar will collapse at this point it is inevitable. This latest news did it and everyone was looking at AIG. We have lost ALL our principals as Americans and Americans are to fat and lazy to go to protests. It was good while it lasted....

[edit on 19-3-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
We need a plan of action, maybe one that wouldn't take immediate hold but it would at least plant the seed to give us some future hope without the need for bloodshed.

We need to use overwhelming force, not destructive or brute force like military terms, but force of flooding the Congressional elections for our local districts. We start out from the bottom and work our way up. If we end up failing the first few times, we keep pressing on toward our goal.
We start out in places where we know we have a better chance of people putting us in.

For example, the more rural districts that have conservative undertones would more apt to voting for someone of a Ron Paul type of Conservatism. We would run for office in those districts. We begin pressing the existing "conservative" House Representatives to vote with the Constitution in mind. This includes going after the Democrats and Republicans, regardless of party affiliation. When one of the old guys is looking at retiring or else suddenly dies off, we move quickly to take the seat.

We should even work to take seats of advisement. Work on getting our people into the advertising market so we can get into the elections and campaigning.

Increase the size of our numbers, continue "awakening" more people, educate them, devote your lives to this if you feel we truly need hope for the future of our country, our people, our rights, our Constitution, our national sovereignty. We need an invasion of society, of politics, we need to organize on a massive scale.

The seeds of Liberty have been sewn these past couple of years and they seem dormant at the moment. I am saying we need to treat these seeds like a farmer tends to his crops. Right now we need to water these seeds, give them sunlight, etc. so that one day we can see the fruits of our labors.

If we begin now we can get them sooner. I have a belief of a movement coming to politics(if the Revolution doesn't break out first) of Libertarian leaning Conservatives taking an eventual hold in politics as one of the fruits of the Ron Paul campaign and Campaign for Liberty.

It may take a few years for these students to get into positions in politics to get someplace where we can tear the fabric of DC apart, but things will get better within this lifetime.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The time is now, ATSers! Talk to your friends. Email them, Facebook, whatever. Send them the link to this thread and any others here at ATS that talk about the current political situation. Help them become informed. I was worried people would think I was a quack when I emailed them a few ATS threads about Ron Paul, but the general population is noticing that things are starting to stink like fish and they're becoming receptive to the idea that we might have to shift paradigm, get out of our comfort zones, and raise a little to start moving towards real change. It's all about numbers though, so let's get the word out!

[edit on 19-3-2009 by JohnJetson]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

i'm losing hope.

Ive already lost hope. Im in preparation mode for my family. Our dollar will collapse at this point it is inevitable. This latest news did it and everyone was looking at AIG. We have lost ALL our principals as Americans and Americans are to fat and lazy to go to protests. It was good while it lasted....

[edit on 19-3-2009 by mybigunit]

Do not lose hope, that is what they want. They want you to just give up and submit. Everyday I notice more and more of the sheep waking up to what is happening. It is not too late for America. Our country is worth fighting for, I just can't picture having to look into my childs eye and having to tell her that I did nothing while I watched the destruction of my country. I will be there to stand up with my fellow Americans when the time comes to restore the republic.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The best plan to restore our government and constitution, if need be, is to do what others have said re-seat the branches. Typically we would wait for an election to do this, but we might need it sooner. I guess it depends how far these 'leaders' will go. Like the Civil War no one knew what to do with the states that left the union, the constitution said nothing about it, well what do you do with really corrupt branches of the government? How would one totally re-seat congress when elections are so far off? The problem with this situation is we don't really have much of a clue whats really going on, it's all happening so fast.
I don't think we need a 1776 style revolution, and I seriously doubt it will come to that, but when our leaders are screwing everything our ancestors fought and died for, we must find a resolution. Re-seating the branches wouldn't be a bad idea, but should be a last resort.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Another thing that worries me..if something like that were to happen...

What would stop another country from invading us?

Think about that. We would be at the weakest possible condition this country has ever been in.

I dunno....i'm not optimistic...just hopeful..that somehow things will turn out for the best for US citizens.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

well, like usual Dr. Paul is out there speaking the truth and no one wants to listen. Yesterday Obama came out and said he was outraged over the aig fiasco but we need to use our anger in a constructive manor. Oh yea? well wtf does that even mean mr. president. Id say the best thing for us, the america people to do is to demand we go back to respecting the constitution of this great country and throw these corrupt bastards in jail. im just tired of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Too late for that, ha ha, Ron is too slow to catch up. The dollar will no longer be a supreme currency.

U.N. Panel Says World Should Ditch The Dollar As World Reserve Currency!!!

I'm ditching the dollar too.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I love Ron Paul..

The time is NOW people.
There are protests happening all over on April 15th I am lucky enough to live in a capitol city and I will be attending, I will also be gathering signatures for the end the fed movement. There are further protests schedualed the 25th to focus on the federal reserve buildings themselves if you live in a city that has one.
The iron is hot, People are awakening to the scam of the federal reserve and the robbery of every American that has been happening since it's inception in 1913.

From now on, depressions will be scientifically created.--Congressman Charles Lindbergh 1913

I think they have bitten of too much. the population is bubbling, people are listening and learning and ready to act. We should remember that in America the iron cools quickly. I will not sit idly by and hope things work out for the best or that someone that has more time or (insert excuse) will get it done. There is a steep hill to climb if the freedoms of our founding fathers are to be restored. I hold myself personaly responsible to do all that I can resonably do to support the type of things Ron Paul calls for.

There is a bonafide movement to be had. This is our chance.
I know I am going to do my part not to let it pass us by..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join