It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Flashback to Nov. 1, 2004..."We are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy. Allah willing, and nothing is too great for Allah," bin Laden said in the transcript.

"Every dollar of al Qaeda defeated a million dollars, by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs," he said. "As for the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers estimated to total more than a trillion dollars.

"And it all shows that the real loser is you," he said. "It is the American people and their economy."

As for President Bush's Iraq policy, Bin Laden said, "the darkness of black gold blurred his vision and insight, and he gave priority to private interests over the public interests of America."

courtesy of CNN.com

I can remember when the media was almost jokingly reporting that al Qaeda was shifting it's focus to encourage the fall of the U.S. economy. It is clear to me that many economists around the world and even a guy who is apparently hiding in caves could see that a financial crisis was on the way, with U.S. economy's private banking fundamentals breaking down.

If our leaders knew our enemies were counting on the economy to fail, wouldn't have made sense to implement policy that would prevent this? Did we not learn anything from the collapse of ENRON? I am sick of the "we didn't connect the dots" excuses being fed to us. Forgive me for typing angry but is anyone else upset that our government keeps giving us the same excuses?

Strangely enough, the media reported on the Russian economist who said the U.S. would be broken up in a few years in the same way they laughed off bin Laden. Sorry, putting my head back in the sand now.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Bin Laden gets blamed for everything.

He's either dead, or living in luxury on an isolated island, courtesy of the CIA.

I wonder why Cheney's assassination squad didn't go after him.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The squad didn't go after him, because just like Batman needs Joker to be a hero, we needed OBL to be a villian.

second line.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't think UBL caused our banks to fail, I just think he had the common sense to understand how weak our financial system is. Everyone in government has acted like this happened all of a sudden when in reality it has been on a collision course with failure for sometime now.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
OP, don't cha mean Tim Osman: Goal is to bankrupt the U.S.?
2nd meaningless line.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That is exactly what I am saying. The people that are really pulling the strings in western society have used terror and fear to drive there own agendas. Bin Laden and his CIA connections are just as disgusting as the Bin Laden/Bush families business associations. At least the fed printed up another trillion dollars of funny money, lol.

new topics

top topics

join