It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Million Take to Streets in France Opposing Economic Policies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hi, this is short video of a well organised gigantic general strike!

BBC
March 19, 2009
French unions have claimed that up to three million people have taken part in street protests amid a national strike against France’s economic policies.

Police gave an estimate of 1.2 million people at rallies nationwide.

Schools have been closed and public transport disrupted, with demonstrations held in about 200 towns.

here is the source and video www.infowars.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HulaAnglers

Looks down and shakes head, why can't the U.S. do something like this?

I envy the guys over there that can stand up on an important issue. Look how many stood up over the Facebook terms update, but we can't stand up to our own criminal policies.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The full article, at news.bbc.co.uk... explains that the union members have joined, and are truly pissed off at their government's deliberate denial of the public interest. This is quite a powerfull assembly demanding justice and respect.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

I envy the guys over there that can stand up on an important issue. Look how many stood up over the Facebook terms update, but we can't stand up to our own criminal policies.

Well I have lived in the United States and I witnessed an already quite repressed society, marshal law has always been in effect, the IRS ect...The only truly happy people I met in the end, were the ones who got a chance to go to Burning Man, peace

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"Errror- Page not found".

Huh?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

"Errror- Page not found".

Huh?

thanks, I think it works now

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
people freaked out about facebook because it didnt include moving. much like the badass' on this forum, badass and ready to storm the gates, unless the gate happens to be further then the microwave.

the is precisely the reason why i want to move to france. the people give a #.

the group mentality isnt "...well...someone else will do it". the american government walks on the people because no one stands up, they figure someone will do it for them.

imagine that, nothing gets resolved.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe it isn't really happening and they just want all of us to riot to give them a reason for martial law being declared.

This could very well be a lie and propaganda.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Of course we see absolutely nothing about this on CNN and FOX News is playing it down, saying there are only one million people protesting and giving it no coverage. #ing commies

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just checked the french news sites, and to this moment everything is still peacefull. Mainstream media is reporting on the state of public transportation ect, delays at the airport and short interviews with a few who (non union) do not support the protest because of the huge inconveniences and difficulties they are having getting to work.

I found the blog where the manifestation was(very well) organised. www.19mars2009.fr...

I searched some more and found a large number of people complaining that just 10 per cent of the population is not enough to overthrow Sarkosi, They feel that time is near for the total colapse of their economy and are planning more drastic mesures if they are not taken seriously.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Good for them!!!!

What's it going to take for the US to stand up as one???

For that matter, what of the UK?

Things are rapidly spiraling out of control, and I for one am not going to take this whole globalization thing sitting down. G20 can kiss my butt!

Every citizen of every country should be concerned about the sovereignty of their own nation.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
marshal law has always been in effect,

I'm sorry, I'm going to look like an ass for even worrying about this, but why can't people spell MARTIAL LAW correctly? It just looks SO stupid when people write "Marshall."

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Well to me "Martial" law looks like Martian law

I find "Marshal" Law looks more like sheriff official fireman with a badge, it seems both are used in your English language. In french it is Loi Martiale so maybe you took the Martial thing from the french?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
marshal law has always been in effect,

I'm sorry, I'm going to look like an ass for even worrying about this, but why can't people spell MARTIAL LAW correctly? It just looks SO stupid when people write "Marshall."

"Marshall" I did not write this
you did

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

France started out with small protests before this happened. They just started protesting long before we did.

We have just started with the tea parties.

It will get bigger....i don't know how big..but i guarantee it will.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30 Seconds

the is precisely the reason why i want to move to france. the people give a #.

Please do.

If your such an action man yourself then wouldn't you have already just moved? No instead you say you want to do something but never will and at the same time blame Americans for saying they want something but not working towards it in your eye's.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
France is always protesting something though, they can bearly go a month without a major strike. Its often a festival like atmosphere and very well natured. 3 million though is a good show, i say well done to them.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
what of the UK?

Things are rapidly spiraling out of control, and I for one am not going to take this whole globalization thing sitting down. G20 can kiss my butt!

Where can I book a ticket to the G20 finale, and can I reserve a cell with a sea-view?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The French revolution proves that those people mean business when the goverment is abusing its powers onto them. They sure know how to express themselves out loud!
Maybe we should start looking and studying how they did it, we might find clues on how to overtrow whatever goverments needs to be overthrown...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
Good for them!!!!

What's it going to take for the US to stand up as one???

For that matter, what of the UK?

Every citizen of every country should be concerned about the sovereignty of their own nation.

Lets see what happens at the G20 Summit in London next week, I think there will be a good protest and all the conditions are there to suggest it might "kick off." I wouldn't expect it to be shown on the MSM though. I mean they didn't really show much of the recent rioting in Iceland that brought down their Government did they?

PEACE,
RK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join