It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ive just filmed a UFO!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Malakai_UK

Hi Malakai_UK

Can you describe the set up you were using please?

I am hoping to get a similar setup sorted and was interested in how you got your camera tweaked

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malakai_UK
Hey all, heres the original clip straight from the DV Camcorder.

Clip

...Also airplanes but again, they were waay slow.

Of course it can't be an AIRPLANE!! AIRPLANES move way to slow because they have nothing along the lines of AEROdynamics like their l(seemingly distant) cousin the AEROPLANE.

Now if only the US Military had the IR capabilities that your 'Wall-Mart' bought handy-cam obviously does then they could finally declassify all of the archived content on the UFO phenomena and confess that the confusion in fact was avarian in origin and that it was a practical joke started back in the 40's that snowballed.

Please people, when will this IR novelty end?

Does anyone here know how far IR from a device such as this can truly travel?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
reply to post by Malakai_UK

Hi Malakai_UK

Can you describe the set up you were using please?

I am hoping to get a similar setup sorted and was interested in how you got your camera tweaked

Sure thing, im using Panasonic NV-DS37 DV camcorder, take some old negative from your old snaps, using the unused portions near the begining of the roll that is almost black, cut two pieces to fit over the lens on the camera, this blocks out all wavelengths of light except Ifrared and near infrared. Flick the camcorder to nightshot mode to remove the IR filter infront of the CCD to allow the camcorder to record only IR light. Hit record and point it at the sky.

I didnt realise esnips was a malware hosting site. anyone point me to a decent free one so i can upload it there? or if anyone managed to grab it from esnips could the do the honours and put it up for me

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au

Hey all, heres the original clip straight from the DV Camcorder.

Clip

...Also airplanes but again, they were waay slow.

Of course it can't be an AIRPLANE!! AIRPLANES move way to slow because they have nothing along the lines of AEROdynamics like their l(seemingly distant) cousin the AEROPLANE.

Now if only the US Military had the IR capabilities that your 'Wall-Mart' bought handy-cam obviously does then they could finally declassify all of the archived content on the UFO phenomena and confess that the confusion in fact was avarian in origin and that it was a practical joke started back in the 40's that snowballed.

Please people, when will this IR novelty end?

Does anyone here know how far IR from a device such as this can truly travel?

sorry that you hate so much. its a bit sad really over a spelling mistake.

First off the range of the IR doesnt have to reach anywhere from the camera because its recording the IR thats already around us being reflected via the sunlight. So basically any camcorder with nightshot can record IR. Its just that it uses the IR emitters built into the front to record in total darkness.

Also what has the US military having an IR camcorder got to do with releasing UFO files.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Sure thing, im using Panasonic NV-DS37 DV camcorder, take some old negative from your old snaps, using the unused portions near the begining of the roll that is almost black, cut two pieces to fit over the lens on the camera, this blocks out all wavelengths of light except Ifrared and near infrared. Flick the camcorder to nightshot mode to remove the IR filter infront of the CCD to allow the camcorder to record only IR light. Hit record and point it at the sky.

There are some hobby sites that sell actual IR wavelength add-ons for various types of cameras. Panaxis is one of em, probably the best IMO.

I didnt realise esnips was a malware hosting site. anyone point me to a decent free one so i can upload it there? or if anyone managed to grab it from esnips could the do the honours and put it up for me

I mentioned that you could email that to me and I would host it up on my public ftp site. [email protected] Dont worry, my company email has unlimited attachments size and will accept the 22mb file no sweat.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 19-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Nice footage. Looks a bit too fast for a bird in my opinion. The video doesn't seem to be sped up. Interesting technique though, I'll give it a try with my high-def camcorder and see if anything shows up.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks like a laser pointer in the sky..

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It doesn't look that fast to me. In fact it is about the speed a bird moves.

Perception of speed is accelerated when a small object moves past at the same distance from the observer as a large object. Because a small object in the air moves many times through its own body length in the same distance a large object moves through its own body length once.

The best fit hypothesis here is a small bird not to far from the camera. The fact that we can see wings flapping means it must be close.

Bravo to the poster picking up on "airplane", and that other very annoying word "plane". As an old instructor would yell in the RAAF. "We haven't any planes, air or otherwise, cadet. Her Majesty has however provided a tarmac full of aeroplanes and aircraft for you to abuse."

top topics

<< 1   >>

join