It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince regains his R&B throne on 'Musicology'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Prince, Musicology (* * *� out of four) After years of scattershot releases, moniker confusion, industry battles and a retreat into his self-contained Internet kingdom, Prince can again be formally known as relevant. Musicology is a potent reminder of his undiminished skills as a soul crooner, rock guitarist and pop songsmith. Rehabilitating the vintage-vibed funk/rock of his heyday, Prince is focused and ferocious in a dozen concisely drawn tunes that summon his feverish impulses but never lapse into shapeless jams. Newfound religious faith has curtailed his randy nature, yet a sensual humidity permeates every space, from the blistering funk in Life 'o' the Party to the warmth of ballad Reflection to the snaking blues of On the Couch. In the title track's heady swirl of old-school rhythms, Prince pays homage to yesteryear's brotherhood of R&B greats while re-establishing his role as the fraternity's president. �Edna Gundersen

From USA TODAY -

I didn't make it to his concert this past weekend, I visited my daughter instead, but you better believe that I'll be there tomorrow when this new CD goes on sale..

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've liked Prince since I was little and listen to some of his older songs. Purple Rain is one of my fav. Im gonna try to get the new one, the way I keep hearing how great it's gonna be.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I can honestly say that I enjoy every prince song that I have ever listened to.

I have every album (cd) up to Musicology... and tomorrow it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine...

*sing* 2000 zero zero, going to party like it's 1999....

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricFM
I've liked Prince since I was little and listen to some of his older songs. Purple Rain is one of my fav. Im gonna try to get the new one, the way I keep hearing how great it's gonna be.

if you like the old stuff and want to try some of the later stuff, get a box set, Prince the Hits... vol I II and III...

it's very nice..

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I might just do that. thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I always thought Prince's music was pop not r&b.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
No offence but I always thought Prince was a queen.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just bought the new CD today.... IT IS AWESOME

PRINCE IS STILL THE MASTER

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

I think it's a sin you put so much time and money into your Prince collection when there are many other artists you should give a chance to appreciate. Like the ones your girlfriend listens to.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pandemonium

Originally posted by elevatedone

I think it's a sin you put so much time and money into your Prince collection when there are many other artists you should give a chance to appreciate. Like the ones your girlfriend listens to.

artists.... Puddle of Mudd, Godsmack Eminem, they are not artists... I'm surprised that they even get their music played....

I don't like thier music and I'm just kidding with my statement above.. that's what she likes and she can have it...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
ok i need some help in finding out how much in � is Prince And The Npg collectors edition -12" Picture Disc it has Prince on the fron holding a micophone Gun any help pls

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
No offence but I always thought Prince was a queen.

you mean princess?

i had to do this one! i could help my self! ill shut up now

new topics

top topics

join