It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unproven oil alternatives could spell disaster say Saudis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Unproven oil alternatives could spell disaster say Saudis

thenational.ae

VIENNA // Saudi Arabia issued a plea to industrialised countries not to give up on oil as their primary source of energy, warning that they could court disaster if they put too much hope in unproven alternatives.

The plea appeared to be a direct response to the emerging energy policy of President Barack Obama, which calls for the United States to become energy independent and stop imports of oil from the Middle East and Venezuela.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In other news crack and coc aine dealers are saying it's very dangerous to stop smoking crack or stop sniffing coc aine!

lies lies lies and apple pies!

I mean come on, as soon as I read the article title I laughed.
This is ridiculous man.

Didn't these saudis get enough money from Bush as it was, do they really need more?

Fuel:
Farming 6% of the continental U.S. acreage with biomass crops would provide all of America's energy needs.

Hemp is Earth's number-one biomass resource; it is capable of producing 10 tons per acre in four months.

Biomass can be converted to methane, methanol, or gasoline at a cost comparable to petroleum, and hemp is much better for the environment. Pyrolysis (charcoalizing), or biochemical composting are two methods of turning hemp into fuel.

Hemp can produce 10 times more methanol than corn.
Hemp fuel burns clean. Petroleum causes acid rain due to sulfur pollution.

The use of hemp fuel does not contribute to global warming.

www.hempcar.org...

thenational.ae
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
What do you expect from the Oil producing countries, they are going to do ever thing they can to use all the propaganda money can buy to lure countries away from their oil cartel control.

The funny thing is that when the US were paying huge amounts of money helping prop Saudi Arabia and elevated to the position of oil power it is right now, tax payers were oblivious of where our tax payer was going.

Let them cry like babies now, very soon the last resort will be to tell the rest of the world how bad is going to be for them and terrorist when they stop buying their oil.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't know what they are complaining about, I mean, they could just take up farming. Oh, wait, all they can grow over there is sand and rocks. Nevermind. I might have more compassion for them if they weren't just laughing at us while we were paying $4.00 a gallon. I hope we find some viable alternative before we go back to that crap.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In other news: the Mexican cartels are saying that legalizing marijuana could be very dangerous!

This is beyond laughable...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

thankyou that news snippet...

gave me the biggest giggle I've had all week

(at the House of Saud)

new topics

top topics

join