It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmaker says 13 bailout firms owe $220M in back taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Lawmaker says 13 bailout firms owe $220M in back taxes

www.newsday.com

WASHINGTON - At least 13 firms receiving billions of dollars in bailout money owe a total of more than $220 million in unpaid federal taxes, a key lawmaker said Thursday.

Rep. John Lewis, chairman of a House subcommittee overseeing the federal bailout, said two firms owe more than $100 million apiece.

"This is shameful. It is a disgrace," said Lewis (D-Ga.). "We are going to get to the bottom of what is going on here."

The House Ways and Means subcommittee on oversight discovered the unpaid taxes in a review of tax records from 23 of the firms receiving the most money, Lewis said as he opened a hearing on the issue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
www.myfoxatlanta.com

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
haha, it's truly amazing.
I apologize for laughing a little bit at this atrocity.

But how far does this rabbit hole go?

I really don't know what is going on to be honest.

I kept seeing MSNBC talking about how the people's backlash will hurt Obama, CNN saying similar things. It was confusing.

It still is, but nonetheless, this is corruption over corruption over corruption and now it's just so very sad.

www.newsday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm just glad that it's all coming out. What we've all suspected forever (that our government officials were in bed with their campaign contributors) is being fully confirmed for all to see. Now we know the truth.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
yeah i just saw this on my local news at noon. all i can do is shake my head- not in disbelief but in outrage and sadness i guess. will anyone ever figure out where all the corruption and lies end? probably not because i doubt they will try hard enough to.
and i would call it more of a blackhole than a rabbit hole- at least you can find out where a rabbit hole ends

new topics

top topics

join