It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Movie "Knowing"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

LOL, thank you, but you DO know there is no such thing as a free lunch, right>?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by LoneGunMan

LOL, thank you, but you DO know there is no such thing as a free lunch, right>?

I learned that long ago in the business world, always a reason why someone buys you lunch.
It still tastes better!

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I think what the Tree of Life represented in that scene was the next evolutionary stage of humanity. In the Bible, when Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit, they gain the knowledge of good and evil. In other words, they receive the conscious ability to choose between two diametrically opposite states of being. Prior to Original Sin, Human kind was a clueless child with no free will. Eating the fruit gave humans awareness.

In a way it reminds me of the old Muppet movie "the dark crystal". In that movie a crystal basically holds all civilization in harmony. Until one day the Crystal Breaks, and a single shard goes missing. As a result, the Ruling race of that world splits in two. One side becomes sadistic and evil, the other gentle and good. The world begins to basically fall apart until the crystal and the missing shard are reunited, at which point the 2 races become one again, and display the image of a being of light. Implying that the perfect being is one that is both, evil and good. Diametric opposites at peace.

So what happens when the kids eat the fruit? Who knows.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

WOW, I remember that movie, Dark Crystal, makes me want to rent that again..lol.

Well, I hope for those kids sake, my dad isnt around. He gave me fruit from a tree when I was a wee lass. Unripe persimmons!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by nerbot

Originally posted by nerbot
reply to post by blupblup

hi dude....2012 is crap....cheap, cheap, cheap! Knowing is OK but spoilt (imo) by having Nicolas Cage in it.
I just wish Hollywood would make something REALLY original once in a while. Give people something unique to think about.
Screw the profit projections, the marketing spin-offs and the pre-release market research screenings. They lead to MEDIOCRATY big time. That's why we rarely see anything original, fresh and truly thought provoking.

Very true... cage sucks in most things he does.

I saw "knowing" today.

Was definitely disappointed.... it's almost so bad it's good.
The story and ideas in the film are good... but the acting, direction and some effects really let it down.

It started off with real promise but just got steadily more and more ridiculous and unbelievable.... coming from an ATS member... that's saying something

Haven't heard or seen much of 2012.... but you're right.
They put out rubbish because rubbish sells....same with music.

Good on ya mate ;up:

Blup

[edit on 25/3/09 by blupblup]

Blurp, coming from an ATS member that means jack all... sorry. The movie was good and it made you think, which is what good movies are supposed to. Nic cage wasn't bad at all.. i'd go see it again.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
Blurp, coming from an ATS member that means jack all... sorry. The movie was good and it made you think, which is what good movies are supposed to. Nic cage wasn't bad at all.. i'd go see it again.

Well it does really.... because we're slightly more open minded than the average joe.
I actually consider a lot of the theories on here and the possibility of ET existence where many don't..

What did it make you think about??
leaving the cinema?.... why did you waste your money on the ticket?
How could you have made such an error of judgment in thinking the movie would be good?

So to say it's unbelievable and/or ridiculous...does mean something.
I'm not the only one who thinks it either....hence my reply to nerb.

You liked the movie..... great.

As i said, i need more.....
I was open to every idea it threw at me and went with an open mind.

Unfortunately, the acting was crap and the film was garbage.

5/10 poss 6 for effects.

Cheers parky

[edit on 6/4/09 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
Q.1

Why did they (Angels/Aliens) wait 50 years to reveal the big end and so dam cryptic. Why not give the planet 50 yrs to build some ships etc to save as many as possible.

The Angels waited that long because it all was part of a plan. When you are not truly aware you follow the predestined path your spirit made before starting this life, and you will choose whether knowingly or not to follow that predestined path. This is also shown by what happens to the two adults in the movie.

The woman was told by her mother when she will die, she did not want to believe it and continued trying to escape the inescapable. At the end she died and she realized the truth which is why she held the stone as a message to the man.

Then the man is told that only the children are supposed to be saved, and he realizes he wasn't meant to survive, then goes home to die with the rest of his family.

The Angels choose only "some" children because only a few people are prepared to start a new different world. In the movie they only save children, but in reality many of those who have the innocence of a child's heart will be saved. It really has nothing to do with any particular religion.

Q.2

Would a solar flare really be that big?

Could be smaller and still have a large impact on Earth, or it could be much bigger and obliterate the Earth.

However, the real event which will occur will be disastruous, but not as big as in the movie. Many people both good and evil will survive. Many people who once were good will switch and become evil, and only a few will remain relatively "human".

Q.3
Just my thoughts.

Should then we say that those books you read are a rip off of the messages given to people about this?

People have been given messages similar to what is seen in this movie.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Not being a movie theatre kinda guy I went and bought this tonight. I had not read anything accept a short summary of the movie and stayed out of threads like these so it wouldn't ruin it. Now with all this crop circle related stuff, sunspots, solar storms being presented I must say this movie was very moving for me.. May not float everyones boat but my pontoon ran full steam ahead. Even shed a tear thinking of all the loved ones I would be holding in the case of this ever coming true. Made me delete a couple of previous posts as well.. More doom and gloom added to my simple life.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Hi,

saw it recently.

It's occult movie, in some way preparing the masses.

* voices in your head - pure demonic manifestation (smt against your free will, binding you)
* yeah, our "space brothers" are protecting us and will save us, not the God/Jesus. Note they look like having wings, evoking angels. Well UFO=(very probably)angels, but the fallen one!!

As far as this really happens, I guess majority of people will enter such Satan's ships

Take care

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Watched it last night. What I was disgusted about was the point that they were making in the end. One they tried to convince the public that UFOs are good Angels when in fact they are really Demons and fallen Angels.

When you zoom in on most UFOs seen today you will find nothing but a morphing blob of light with an evil face in it.

Thats the MO of the PTB, The government and the Anti-Christ want everyone to believe that UFOs are here to save us. God tells us that one of the first things he will do is cast the evil ones upon earth. Why people cant put two and two together is beyond me. Demons and the fallen will take what ever form suits their agenda.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I saw this movie a while back and found it to be a very entertaining watch.
The story was good and the events were well produced and realistic.
I am not taking this film as a prediction of our future, or any other for that matter.
They are productions for us to enjoy.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

I must agree! I saw this movie last night, and it was great. But, most intresting... is its almost taken from some members GFL and current Sun issues posts at ATS!

I find it most intresting that many have recently become obsessed with the Sun, monitoring and posting up to the min updates. I guess they watched this movie.

[edit on 7/13/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I watched knowing the other day and was absolutely riveted by it. I love Nic Cage as an actor and thought the movie had a lot of valid points. Why is it that people are trying to say that it's ideas are evil? Why wouldnt the angels save the kids? I dont believe that demons would want to save any of us if the world was going to be anihalated and they knew about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Guess what day the solar flare wiped out the Earth in the movie? Oct. 20th

A big clue right there!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join