It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Movie "Knowing"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It's not coincidental or accidental or meant to be some sort of hidden conditioning though. Movies are an art form, there's a lot of detail in the good ones. I'm sure the writer deliberately put any occult or religious meaning in there for artful or entertainment purposes, and the director purposely emphasized them after speaking to the writer. It's not like it's a conspiracy or anything.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
It's not like it's a conspiracy or anything.

No its not.

It is the universe giving us a warning and most artistic people are more in tune to the universe than most. I know its hard to understand this from the mundane level of existence. The way to think of it is the book The Titan that was written years before the Titanic disaster.

Here is another warning from the universe.

Birds singing at night

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Saw the movie yesterday... perks of working in the media

Too me it does seem like a much dumbed-down version of the movie "Pi", which I expect few have seen.

It may strike a chord with some on this site with a few of the angles, but other than that.. I think those of the christian faith will definitely get the parable of the movie.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

I loved that movie! All my friends fell asleep as I watched it, well until the drilling part.... Few woke up for that.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
It may strike a chord with some on this site with a few of the angles, but other than that.. I think those of the christian faith will definitely get the parable of the movie.

I am far from Christian and do not usually watch movies. I am an earth based Shaman and not the new age hippy/dippy type either.

Do you know of the Hebrew text when they speak of the Elohim? This is where the idea of angels came. We are the breeding ground for new souls to develop and the Elohim seeded this planet long ago.

If this planet were to end the Elohim need to seed another planet with humans. They are pure Merkaba light body. It is what we become when we finish our human Karmic sojourn.

Edit to add: This movie is far from the movie "Pi"...are you sure you were paying attention with both your left and right hemispheres of your brain?

[edit on 20-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Your condescending jab is noted... but not appreciated.
Maybe you should re-watch Pi... where exactly did you see it? It did not really get distributed on a wide basis. It was a very very low-budget independent film. You yourself said you don't watch many movies.....

The story-lines and concept were VERY similar.

I stand by my statement.

P.S. I don't think there is a such thing as a "part time psychic"..... you either ARE or you ARE NOT. Would be a hard thing to only recognize "part-time".

-edit- Oh... and I AM batman.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
reply to post by LoneGunMan

P.S. I don't think there is a such thing as a "part time psychic"..... you either ARE or you ARE NOT. Would be a hard thing to only recognize "part-time".

-edit- Oh... and I AM batman.

Max is a genius mathematician who's built a supercomputer at home that provides something that can be understood as a key for understanding all existence. Representatives both from a Hasidic cabalistic sect and high-powered Wall Street firm hear of that secret and attempt to seduce him. Written by Anonymous The mathematician Maximillian Cohen (Sean Gullette) is tormented by a severe migraine since he was a kid, and he uses many pills to reduce his painful headaches. He is a lonely man, and his only friend is his former professor Sol Robeson (Mark Margolis). Max has the following assumptions, which rules his life: (1) Mathematics is the language of nature; (2) Everything around us can be represented and understood from numbers; (3) If you graph the numbers in any systems, patterns emerge. Therefore there are patterns everywhere in nature. Based on these principles, Max is trying to figure out a system to predict the behavior of the stock market. Due to his research, Max is chased by a Wall Street company with obvious interest in the results of his studies, and by an orthodox Jew follower of the Torah, who believes that this long string of numbers is a code sent from God.

Part time professional psychic...I only do readings part time. My ability is full time. My FULL time job is being a Firefighter. So yes sometimes when I am pulling a person half dead from a car or pumping on someones chest I feel like batman. It helps when dealing in death to make yourself believe you are making a difference. Otherwise a person may quit next time they have to puke on the side of the road. Its not an ego thing its a survival thing.

Anyway the batman comment was tongue in cheek. It is actually "The Dark Knight" because I deal in both dark energy and light energy. Notice the Coyote and full blood moon in the background?

[edit on 20-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just now came back from the theater from watching the movie.

What did i think?

1. Much better than Watchmen.

2. Good movie overall...lots of plot holes..woman is annoying towards end of movie.

3. Spectacular special effects.

4. Many religious undertones.....things questioning fate.

I don't know...i just liked the movie. I went out to clear my head from the economy....let me tell you...

If you are worried about how things are going in the world....watch this movie.....things could be much worse.

It also shows how fragile we are as a species...

Thumbs up from me.

I would like to reveal more...but i don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to see the movie.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the movie, Knowing? The movie seems to be propaganda. It's a movie based on natural (or unnatural) disasters and tragic events that seems to have been predicted by a small child on a piece of paper in which she had scribbled on. The scribbling is a series of numbers that corrispond to a date, number of dead and location of each event, going back fifty years. It turns out that the child had been recieving mental transmissions from an alien species and had been attempting to communicate the events to come. The final prediction is about a solar flare that destroys that atmosphere and all life on the planet. These beings reveal themselves as beings of light, or "illuminated" ones. These omnipotent beings are taking children to repopulate another planet so humanity starts anew. Meanwhile, the rest of humanity is engulfed in flames and is destroyed by fire. My lady thinks that I may be just "seeing what I want to" and am misconstruing the intent of the story line and plot. What do you think? Am I way off base, or has there been chatter on the web of a similar message interpretation of the movie? Just thought I'd check in with that. I hope you can address it. It's as if the movie is trying to get people used to the idea of mass annihilation and a literal starting over for the human species. I place it in the lap of the secret organization, illuminati

Peace,
L

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan

Then you were not prepared. I dont want to spoil it for anyone but it connected a lot of dots. Even the month of October but the date itself was off.

It was both religious and Sci-Fi. Those light bodies you saw are the next step of evolution...where we go when we incarnate through all of our Karma.

I dont want to say much more...if you are an aware person and are awake this movie will make prefect sense.

Well, yes, in a way it was a religious movie, but trying to portray the good people as the Luciferians.

Those light people are shown in the movie as angels. Maybe you didn't notice, but they had what seemed to be wings of light.

This movie resonated in me quite a bit. The experience the boy had, was almost like watching my own vision of when I was 8 years old, but a bit differently than what the kid saw.

Anyway, the beginning of my own vision was that I was playing in a one floor house, and I knew there were other houses outside, and people. I saw a very bright, blinding flash of light from outside the window, something told me to look outside, and when i did everything had dissapeared, and the Earth was cracked. I began to cry and kept asking what had happened, and a man appeared and told me in my ear why it happened and what had happened. to this day i don't what it was i was told. I do believe it was a vision, and not a nightmare, as it didn't feel like a nightmare or a dream.

The movie resonated in many ways with me to the point that I knew what was coming in each scene.

There were two things that I would disagree with. First of all the Surface of the Sun is not hotter than the corona, if it was, whenever Sunspots appear, the center of Sunspots should be brigther, since the center of Sunspots is an open window to the surface of the Sun.

Instead we see through Sunspots, that the surface of the Sun is cooler than the corona, and this lends much credence to the theory of the Electric Universe. That the Sun is absorbing electricity in the form of plasma from outside the Solar System.

Also the fact that those listening to the future having no control over themselves is a experience that I can relate to as I have mentioned in another thread.

The second thing was the mention of these light beings being Luciferians. I do not agree with that. The light beings that I have seen since a child were also not that bright, and they did not have wings, but the movie has a lot to say and I can understand why they are showing extraterrestrials as angels.

I do think that it also foretells the so called Killshot, which I do think will happen.

Even if I spoiled the movie, it is worth watching.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
BTW, I do not think the killshot is going to annihilate mankind, there will be survivors.

As for the poster asking if there were religious undertones, yes many, including the tree. That tree is supposed to be the Tree of Knowledge, and the children, the Adam and Eve, the new tribes of mankind.

The movie's reference to all of this also shows that those who made the movie believe in cycles that repeat themselves.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
Do you know of the Hebrew text when they speak of the Elohim? This is where the idea of angels came. We are the breeding ground for new souls to develop and the Elohim seeded this planet long ago.

If this planet were to end the Elohim need to seed another planet with humans. They are pure Merkaba light body. It is what we become when we finish our human Karmic sojourn.

The word God is supposed to be translated from Elohim, which is actually plural, and this would make a lot more sense.

"Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness"

It is supposed to be: And the Gods (Elohim) said, Let us make man in our own image after our own likeness".

In the original Hebrew you can read that it does say The Elohim, and not Eloha.

Eloha is the singular, although the ancient scriptures also tell the names of the many Elohim, which many of them are also known as Angels.

However, imo the father and mother do exist. They are a part of each one of us and everything that exists. The duality of everything, and in their pure form they are an entity that can show in different shapes and forms depending on your own beliefs. It can even manifest itself in different forms at the same time. However, to each it's own. Each man/woman/child will experience it if they are supposed to, and how they believe.

Remember that Abraham had to choose between a pantheon of Gods, he was debating between Ba'al and Eloha because this was tradition. After reaching a certain age a young man had to choose a God to follow among the pantheon of Gods.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Yeah if you follow Jake Kotzes work over at www.rundonotwalk.blogspot.com you will see how he has been on the subject for quite some time, and also discuss quite a few of Cages movies. Knowing is where we should all be.. I get times like this, I dreamt about 9-11 in the form of a vivid dream before it happened. I was brought in my dream to my old church and sat down in a childs chair in the parking lot, after thinking the chair was uncomfortable, I heard a really loud plane fly over, except it wasnt more than a cessna in my dream, which coincidently on 9-11 I though a cessna had hit the tower, i didnt think commercial until later. I have also had a strange vivid vision about a nuke going off, i survive through the flames as they hit me in my dream, and I am in the central north region of america, I saw this go off in the south eastern area of where i was in my dream. That one and one other nuclear dream ive had scare me the most.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
For those who may be interested, I posted a lengthy article dealing with two of the major themes in the movie:

They are:

Randomness

Determinism

Both topics could be talked about for the next 100 years! If you have time, read my post and offer your thoughts:

here is the link: Worldview

[edit on 21-3-2009 by tsrk30]

[edit on 21-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I saw this movie yesterday and I got to say its a great movie. The paper with the numbers and predicting when people are going to die is one thing but there's something on a large scale going on in this movie. I think it was worth the price of the ticket.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

All three of your posts I totally agree with. I didnt want to give away too much of the plot, but yes I did notice the angel wings.

Do you think the Lucifarians and the Elohim could be different interpretations of the same thing? Or is this movie trying to confuse the two? I think it is blurring the line between the two to place this confusion into the collective.

Originally posted by mastermind77
Yeah if you follow Jake Kotzes work over at www.rundonotwalk.blogspot.com you will see how he has been on the subject for quite some time, and also discuss quite a few of Cages movies. Knowing is where we should all be.

We all need to get to the Knowing, it is in us all in different ways and it just takes training to recognize it in those that do not yet. We all have the same ability.

To the poster that thought I was taking a jab...you replied to my u2u saying a Moderator agreed and you did not pursue it. The above statement explains about using both hemispheres of the brain...the left is logic...the right is where we communicate with our higher selves. Most people that think left brained believe those that have this communication are nuts.

It is NOT a slam to state that someone did not use both hemispheres of the brain, most men are left brain most women are right brain, most scientists are left brain most artists are right brain. We use different proportions of both...some more than others.

I should hope this Moderator the person talked to that thought I was throwing a jab was not going to give me a warning for that! I would like to be able to state my opinions without fear of what I say ends up in ATS court for some statement that was innocent and not attacking another member.

Edit to add link: This seems to coincide with this movie. Space storm

[edit on 21-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I saw the movie as well yesterday. All I can say is that it was a cheap rip off of Close Encoiunters of the Third Kind (CEOTTK). I say this because in CEOTTK the key charecters were drawn to that mountain, it became a point of obsession, remember the mashed potatoes scene? Same as with this movie. The obsession with printing out the numbers and scratching them into the door and the desk? Same ending too pretty much. A heralded theme none the less...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ArcAngel

Close encounters was about aliens from another planet. This was a bit more metaphysical. Those ships were not necessarily ET. They were vehicles the light-bodied more advanced beings used to transport the heavy-bodied humans.

Did you notice the stones?

This movie needs to be seen in the proper perspective to understand. It is about humans being the evolution place for the soul and that it needs to go on even if the earth dies so souls can evolve to the light body and beyond.

This was nothing like Close Encounters. This is about spirit and the warnings and signs given from spirit. The children are Crystal children that are being born these past years...they are born aware.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Off to see it now, lmao - do we ATSers ever quit? Even when we go to 'relax' we're always still thinking

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Speaking of the concept in movies of Alien Light-beings misstaken for Angels, reminds me of the story "The Screwfly Solution", where Alien light-beings, thought by Earthlings to be Angels, spread out an airbourn, global infection in the Earth's atmosphere, that made the majority of Human Males brutally kill every woman they met, in a sort of religious and sexual euphoria.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join