It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Movie "Knowing"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was on Yahoo today and saw a link for this new Nicholas Cage movie called "Knowing".

Movie web-site link:--->Knowing

First you should know I never click advertisement links and I am not a big movie buff. In fact I have not even seen a movie in months. The last movie I watched was "The Dark Knight" only because I am batman. Just look at my avatar!

Anyway I never pay attention to new movies, I have not watched TV in over four years and rarely go see a movie (I spend my free time reading and going to Barnes and Noble.

This one caught my attention though...I am a part time professional psychic and this grabbed me in the same place I get my intuition. I get the feeling this and some other global catastrophe movies are based on some screenplay writers intuition and this is one of them. Not that it will happen exactly like the movie but its more of a feeling of events that cause some screenplay writers to write something like this without doing it at a conscience level.

Kind of like dream interpretation but the events are real just interpreted by the writer in a certain way.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
remove this post

[edit on 19-3-2009 by organism315]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
And this one looks wierd too..

youtube : Seeking Closure

just wow.. I dont get all thise 2012 movies coming out..
They are realy going to milk this 2012 thing dry..

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm a Nicholas Cage fan. (no .. not the kind that follows a stars personal life .. but one that admires the work he/she does). I'm looking forward to renting this movie when it becomes available. It looks great.

(we usually rent because going to the theatre is very expensive AND there are tons of germs in that stale - recirculated air).

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by organism315

yeah, thats the one.
And didnt have to be a genius, it was pretty simple.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah.... have been waiting for both of these... more 2012 because Nicolas Cage is annoying as hell

haven't seen a movie of his for a few years now.... but Knowing looks great as does 2012.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i wonder if Knowing is the proper word for the Title...

Because 'seeing' patterns is more 'Intuition' than Knowing..

in any case, i welcome the mild mental stimulation this kind of movie
generates... well, more correctly mild Diversion than Stimulation

picky-picky eh

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I stopped watching new movies after 2002, and i will not bother with this either. So i am surprised sometimes others do not do the same.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

WOW is right.That teaser gave me major goose bumps. I think the PTB will milk this thing to death. I cant wait to see all these new movies.....
2012, Closure and Knowing and Demons and Angels looks ok too......

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I stopped watching new movies after 2002, and i will not bother with this either. So i am surprised sometimes others do not do the same.

Most of my collection (roughly 400-500 movies) consists of "older" movies... classics.

But to not watch new movies is pretty crazy IMO.
There are many good movies post 2002.... seriously... you're missing out

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have studied both sides of the Occult, the light and the dark. One has to have some of both to be effective but some lean closer to one direction or the other.

I have some friends that have personal knowledge of The Hermetic Order of The Golden Dawn. I have not seen the movie yet but something made a connection to me about this movie and some things going on in the world today most are not ready to accept.

Notice the logo/title of the movie. It is a partially eclipsed sun. It is also a Summit film, that logo is the sun rising over a summit.

Then in the trailer the little girl says: "They were here...the Lucifer people.

I cant wait to see it just to find if my intuition is correct.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm planning on seeing it this weekend. I wouldn't call myself "intuitive" but I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on this.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I saw this movie today and I must say, I dont really know what to think. I don't want to go into detail and spoil it for everyone but to me it just seemed like a potpourri of doom and gloom. A little of this, a dash of that, it didn't make any sense. There really wasn't an explanation. Was it religious? Sci-fi? I don't know? both?

I can only say I was very confused and disturbed by it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Just thought I'd point out that I distinctly heard the girl say "... whisper people." I know that kinda puts a damper on the occult/lucifer thing, just sayin' is all.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It was filmed in my city in Australia.
I saw them filming some of it.

The logo for the movie is intentional. Designers are payed big bucks to create logos that explains the gist of the movie or company so it would make sense that the logo means whatever it means.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hi, action movies fans.

I was that type of fan, not long ago.

Before I woke up, I did think that "Independence day" was good.
"The war of the worlds"??? Soooooooo, **pessimistic**.

Now I conclude that those films are VERY SAD.

A GOOD film, for me is "Cocoon", "Close encounter. . .",
The famous ET ( phone home ) ! !
! ! THAT WAS GOOD FILMS ! !

It is VERY sad that the greedy movie makers make their 2012
films the **negative** way.

We DON'T need that kind of crap, these days ! !
Don't you realize that ?? Don't you think that ???

WE need more ***positives*** in our lives:
Positive films, thinkings, behavings, reasonings, POSITIVES.
POSITIVES. POSITIVES. POSITIVES.
WE should BOYCOTT those demoralizing films ! !
EVEN if we know it's "only" a film, it's "only" entertainment ! !

Some dudes are getting crazy, with the stupid doom & gloom of 2012 !

See my signature and profile to see stimulating news, about 2012.

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The movie poster would give anybody a bad intuition.

Knowing is based on a story originally written by American novelist Ryne Pearson. After a number of rewrites, the script that eventually went to film was written by British screenwriter Stuart Hazeldine and Australian Alex Proyas (who also directed the movie).

Also any Australian's would find this exciting especially if you're from Melbourne

The film is set in Boston, and to represent the city, filmmakers used Australian locations such as Geelong Ring Road, Melbourne Museum, Mount Macedon, and Collins Street.[1] Filming also took place at Camberwell High School, which was converted into John Adams Elementary, set in Boston circa 1958.[6] Interior shots took place at the Australian Synchrotron to represent an observatory.[7][8] Filming also took place at the Haystack Observatory in Westford, Massachusetts.[9] In addition to practical locations, filming also took place at the Melbourne Central City Studios in Docklands.[10]

It sounds like a simpsons episode too, en.wikipedia.org...

Homer comes to fear that the Rapture is coming. Marge comforts Homer by telling him that the Rapture would not go unannounced (and Lisa agrees, saying that the world may end 100 years from now or from global warming, but not from the Rapture). Homer is won over by her reassurance.

The next day, as Homer drives around Springfield in his car, he sees the devil (actually a man in an advertising costume) and blood falling from the sky (actually from an injured whale hanging from a helicopter), which he takes as signs that the Rapture is coming. He uses nonsensical numerology to calculate the date and time, finding that it is only a week away.

Sounds like most of us here at ATS.

[edit on 20/3/09 by Nventual]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
I saw this movie today and I must say, I dont really know what to think. I don't want to go into detail and spoil it for everyone but to me it just seemed like a potpourri of doom and gloom. A little of this, a dash of that, it didn't make any sense. There really wasn't an explanation. Was it religious? Sci-fi? I don't know? both?

I can only say I was very confused and disturbed by it.

Then you were not prepared. I dont want to spoil it for anyone but it connected a lot of dots. Even the month of October but the date itself was off.

It was both religious and Sci-Fi. Those light bodies you saw are the next step of evolution...where we go when we incarnate through all of our Karma.

I dont want to say much more...if you are an aware person and are awake this movie will make prefect sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Keep in mind that both the writers and director of the movie are fully aware of doomsdays, 2012, climate change, polar shifts, etc, hence why the movie was made and marketed in such a way (look at the movie poster, they obviously made it with the intention for it to be related to our fears).

It's a mix of good writing, good directing, and good marketing.

I'm looking forward to the movie.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1rked44
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Just thought I'd point out that I distinctly heard the girl say "... whisper people." I know that kinda puts a damper on the occult/lucifer thing, just sayin' is all.

She did say whisper people. The occult has nothing to do with the Christian Devil/Lucifer.

The occult portion I am referring to is The Hermetic Order of the Golden dawn. They are sun worshipers...more than that they are of the Sun rising into a golden dawn. Lucifer to them is the sun.

When I mention Lucifer I am not referring to the Christian devil.

I know of some people...close people that every morning they get up and watch the sun rise. They do not do this for the reasons you would think.

It is ritual.

Edit to add: If you are informed of many different religious beliefs are aware of what the Elohim are and have studied the occult this movie will make perfect sense.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join