It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason hand sign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
A question for those who say they are Masons
Is this one of their secret signals/hand signs or whatever you would like to call it........

from what I can gather it is the sign for Melquisedek
who a reference to can be found in Gen. 14:18-20.

Funny thing is...any info I can find on Melquisedek, is in spanish...(of course you can ask for the results in English, but you would think that they were availiable in English)

Can anyone tell me what G:.A:.D:.U:. is......
Thoughts?

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Is this one of their secret signals/hand signs or whatever you would like to call it........

No.
I'm 99% sure that that is a Mormon thing. The Mormons have a priesthood called Order of Melchizadek, and they dress in the same apparel as the guy in the photo you posted. Masons wear leather Aprons during Lodge meetings, which is a tradition dating back to the medieval stonemasons. The Mormon priesthood wear aprons too, but they do it, at least ostensibly, to represent the fig leaf aprons in the Garden of Eden, from the biblical story.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Mormon? could have fooled me they picture looks like the guy is dressed in some sort of Kung Fu out fit.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Mormon? could have fooled me they picture looks like the guy is dressed in some sort of Kung Fu out fit.

*sing* everybody was kung fu fighting, kicks fast as lightning, it was a little bit frightning....

that's exactly what I thought too Drunk

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
All this shows is that this guy took a Pebble from a kid that was this tall.

This is Grasshopper

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by wget]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wget
All this shows is that this guy took a Pebble from a kid that was this tall.

This is Grasshopper

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by wget]

You can see something in his hand? your eyesights good?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
interesting post........

i doubt that has anything to do with masonry though

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

No.
I'm 99% sure that that is a Mormon thing. The Mormons have a priesthood called Order of Melchizadek, and they dress in the same apparel as the guy in the photo you posted. Masons wear leather Aprons during Lodge meetings, which is a tradition dating back to the medieval stonemasons. The Mormon priesthood wear aprons too, but they do it, at least ostensibly, to represent the fig leaf aprons in the Garden of Eden, from the biblical story.

Fiat Lvx.

strange then..cause this came from a Mason group...the "e-book" is called
"BAPHOMET the magazine of initiation, truth and equality".
References that I find for Baphomet are
"BAPHOMET THE SABBATIC GOAT"
www.luckymojo.com...

here they say it has to do with the Templars

Eliphas L�vi:The Man Behind Baphomet
www.templarhistory.com...

Here a book at Amazon.com

"Maurice Blanchot "THE BAPHOMET -- transforming into myth the legend of the Templars -- "

there are more.....
anyway the "ezine" did mention the Mormons, said that Joseph Smith was a Mason etc etc.

So do you know what "G:.A:.D:.U:." is?
the message in spanish is
"QUE EL G:.A:.D:.U:. NOS BRINDE SU LUZ"
May the G:.A:.D:.U:. bring us his light

references I find, again are in spanish but it still points to Masons,some sort of Grandmaster?

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
A guy once told me that the Masons hand shake was a normal hand shake except that the index finger is tucked into the palm.
The guy had been invited to one of their social nights, recruitment perhaps.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlteredBeast
A guy once told me that the Masons hand shake was a normal hand shake except that the index finger is tucked into the palm.
The guy had been invited to one of their social nights, recruitment perhaps.

This is like the fraternity Sigma Chi handshake I read about on ATS about a week ago.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
A mason never gives any secrets away so i reckon we will never know what a masons handshake is, amybe different societies have differenthandshakes.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The Mormon Church does have Masonic origins though.

Many of the Mormon Church's leaders were/are Masons, including the founder(s).

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hey folks, here's a link to another ATS thread about mormons, pretty sure it's the same pic, about seven? posts down pic looks same to me.

Mormons.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Or you can try this site it gives the owdown on some stuff.

www.zetlandhall.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   

A mason never gives any secrets away so i reckon we will never know what a masons handshake is, amybe different societies have differenthandshakes.

We give away the Secrets all the time Drunk. Heck, we just gave away the secrets of the 4� thru 32� to 16 men here this last weekend. And we give away the secrets of the 1�, 2� and 3� on one or two Tuesday nights a month at our Blue Lodge, all you need to do is ask for an application

As for the first post in this thread, it is a Mormon sign. I can't remember where I saw it first but it was in a Mormon expose'. Many of the Mormon rituals are similar to the Masonic ritual as their founder was a Mason. Of course many rituals of many other groups are similar to Masonic ritual, why make new when someone else has done the work for you

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
woah this is gettin ****en ***aky!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingSolomon

We give away the Secrets all the time Drunk. Heck, we just gave away the secrets of the 4� thru 32� to 16 men here this last weekend. And we give away the secrets of the 1�, 2� and 3� on one or two Tuesday nights a month at our Blue Lodge, all you need to do is ask for an application

I wanna apply to these guys though

www.zetlandhall.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

No.

Fiat Lvx.

I was flicking through Manly P. Hall's 'The Lost Keys of Freemasonry' quite recently and there seemed to be a mention of a 'Priest King' of the Order of Melchizadek being a guardian to Masonry. This may explain the Masonic roots throughout Mormonism if it is in fact an LDS order.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decretal
I was flicking through Manly P. Hall's 'The Lost Keys of Freemasonry' quite recently and there seemed to be a mention of a 'Priest King' of the Order of Melchizadek being a guardian to Masonry. This may explain the Masonic roots throughout Mormonism if it is in fact an LDS order.

That is possible. The Presiding Officer of a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons is technically styled the High Priest, and High Priests of Royal Arch Masonry are eligible to receive an honorary degree called Order of High Priesthood, or sometimes called of Melchizadek.
Joseph Smith was not a Royal Arch Mason, but was familiar with the various Masonic Orders, and "borrowed" Masonic titles for his churchmen quite often.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
yup, thosee masons ar at it again mah!?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join