It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can ghosts interact with matter ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
We all know what ghosts are supposed to be!
Eerie entities from another world that make us # our pants by fear.
Thats the short explanation of what a ghost is anyway. (Ahh well could be a gentle warm one too...)

As the tittle of this thread goes, do you believe in ghosts?
If you do do you think they can interact with matter physically?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well, in theory, in order to manifest, they have to draw energy from it's surroundings, so, as far as we know, yes they do.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ghosts have been known to move objects,which is matter,so I guess they do interact with matter.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

If ghosts are real and if poltergeist activity is legitimate, then it would appear they can.

As the tittle of this thread goes, do you believe in ghosts?

I believe some sort of activity is occurring but do not believe in the accepted definition of what a 'ghost' is. Due to my Christian beliefs and my own encounters with 'ghosts,' I generally believe it is some sort of demonic activity.

In some cases, yes. I believe the phenomenon is legitimate in some cases and a hoax or someone's wild imagination in other cases.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If they can't then an awful lot of people have been miss sold EMF meters for starters; that said a lot of people report drops in temperature, sounds, items appearing and disappearing and moving . If these witness accounts are to be believed, then the answer has to be yes; so I guess another question would be 'what form of energy do ghost use'?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Not only can the interact with matter, they can physically attack you, if provoked, and if willed with enough power. There have been numerous accounts of physical attacks, as well as even spectral rape. Don't believe me? Google it up.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I would have to say yes they can. I have had things thrown at me many times in my life and it wasn't always when someone was with me. So I know it wasn't a "human" playing a nasty trick on me.
The thing to truly consider is that everything has some level of energy in it and around it. Now if we can harness energy and use it in our daily lives whats to say a form of energy we know little about can't do it also. Just saying is all.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

I will look it up.
In the meantime what is a "spectral reape"?

reply to post by xoxo stacie

Wow!

You are something like a magnet! Wouldn't think its a bad thing. Amazing though
Take care!

[edit on 19/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
reply to post by Nemox42

I will look it up.
In the meantime what is a "spectral reape"?

Wow!

You are something like a magnet! Wouldn't think its a bad thing. Amazing though
Take care!

[edit on 19/3/2009 by GEORGETHEGREEK]

spectral rape = Casper has his way with you.

Here is one of the more famous cases

www.boards.ie...

but I have actually heard from posters that of them being attacked while in bed.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

I would have to say yes they can. I have had things thrown at me many times in my life and it wasn't always when someone was with me. So I know it wasn't a "human" playing a nasty trick on me.
The thing to truly consider is that everything has some level of energy in it and around it. Now if we can harness energy and use it in our daily lives whats to say a form of energy we know little about can't do it also. Just saying is all.

Did you ever confront the entity that was causing this, experience an apparition maybe?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've actually felt something trying to push me down the stairs when I lived
back at my parents place in Michigan. It wasn't a very old home, but man you would hear some weird noises at night sometimes. I'm thinking that there may be some sort of Native American presence, as the whole area used to be the stomping ground of a tribe called the Algonquins.....I am part Algonquin indian btw, so who knows what the connection is. Just something i've wondered about for awhile.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
...seen all the stereotypical movie/story events...cups moving, pictures falling from walls, doors slamming or having to be held closed while *something* is attempting to force them open, windows exploding, large couches sliding across lounges etc etc...

...some things get somewhat tetchy when they get moved on and don't wish to move...

...so yes...

...do I have video evidence etc?? Nope.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

As the title of this thread goes, do you believe in ghosts?

Yes I believe in ghosts. What I differ with in regards to ghosts; is what they actually are. Do I believe that they are dead spirits?..No. Do I believe they are some type of life-form we can't fully comprehend?..Yes. Do I think that their existence involves some other dimension(s)?..Yes.

The thing is IMO, there are all sorts of different names and terms, for the same entities. Poltergeist, Jinn, Orbs, Spirits, Aliens, UFOs.. etc.. I think this is one possible hypothesis.. but it is just speculation on my part.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   

I admire all posts on this thread but i think yours stands out a bit. Sorry for the short reply yesterday but i was not concentrated neither did i have enough time to pay proper attention.

I am glad your mood is always happy. I am happy too even with a ton of problems around me, not always like you though.

I wonder if you can share some more about your experiences. General background of the events, how you felt in all aspects, (hope you were not hurt...) and all the details you can remember and willing to share.

Regards,
GEORGE TG

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Assuming that ghosts as we understand them are real, and I have no reason to suggest otherwise, I do believe they can interact with physical objects at times.
I'm not sure they can always do it at will or if certain conditions are needed for their interactions, but I too can certainly vouch for some very real physical interaction from some sort of force.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

i am in with you but is that view caused by fear or by instict or even by experience of our own or our ancestors ???????

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with listing a few. Would be easier if I listed some current one's though we'd be here all day if I went eta all.
Okay the house I live in...when we moved in something kept tossing my son's teddy bear at the back of my legs and my feet when I tried to leave the room. My son's kept saying there was a man in their room and from childhood experience I knew better than to ignore them. So I kept going in and when it would toss the bear at me I would pick it up and say if you aren't going to talk to me stop it and leave and open the window.Well about the 7th day of doing this he got upset and threw a truck at my chest, I saw it coming and hit it down. Then I got serious and called him out, I heard a cough behind me and saw a late teen aged boy spirit/energy in the closet. So we had a lil talk about him being dead and all and he was just afraid to go. Went through the "motions" and talked him into a better place to reside.
About two months after that I was working on building a flower bed in the back yard.(was barren) I kept seeing a lady out of the corner of my eye, but didn't say anything. Well she decided she wasn't having it and knocked down all the tools at once almost hitting me in the head. I turned around and told her it wasn't nice and she threw a dirt clod at me. So I said fine I won't talk to you at all now and went back to what I was doing.(got some sage and planted in flower box when done
(several since then from her really mundane mostly she floats leaves in my face or flower petals from my roses to let me know she is there)
Last October kids and I where talking more pictures and video out back and in neighborhood.(our neighbors and I do this alot during the fall/winter as they seem to be more active then.) Well we where walking around snapping shots and talking. My son saw a little boy so I turned to take some pictures in the general area and got a few acorns to the face. It wasn't hard or anything just obviously was facing the wrong way and he wanted his picture taken. So I turned again and got some shots of him leaving. I will see if I can find the pictures and post them on the portal. Well thats a few of them.
The thing to remember is that these things can't really hurt you in a bad way unless they are "really" negative and have figured out how to feed of that energy. I.E it's coming from the person being scared senseless. I have only been really hurt three times and it was when I was young and didn't understand what it was. Even then it was just two scrapes and recently a black eye from being pushed.(tripped and fell into coffee table. it was at that point my mom knew I wasn't telling stories because she watched me get pushed.)
Funny thing is that after that I started seeing alot of really light colored spirits that seem to keep the other more human looking ones from throwing things at me or scaring me and the kid's. They are older now and I am happy to say only one has had anything thrown at him.(the teddy bear man would throw the teddy bear to his bed if he forgot it when he was 5. He is now 15 and perfectly okay with it too.)

P.S.
A little background on my neighborhood... We checked way back and this area used to be a trading post type area. It was really busy back then and had alot of people who lived here or passed through. The town wasn't actually "founded" until the early 1800's; but there was houses here that are still up and occupied. We came into possession of a book/ledger from the early 18oo's that listed where the plots where and this part of town was left as farm land till around the 1940's. So they must have known back then it was haunted. They totally built around it for years on end. It wasn't until 1999 that they even bothered taking down the old bridge trusses coming into the neighborhood. So it's NOT your typical place to live and we have lost a lot of really nice neighbors over it.

To Add: Pictures
lil kid
media.abovetopsecret.com...

lil kid breaking up

lady in backyard

I had to enlarge the section from the original picture so its a pixlated alot, but you can see them none the less.

[edit on 20-3-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You know I think that perhaps certain conditions are needed. We can't sit on the cheap plastic patio chairs during the fall/winter time here. Every time we do we get a static zap so we all switched to metal ones with rubber arm rests and cushions or wood bar stools.
I think there has to be a certain amount of energy present in the first place for them to be able to manipulate it. Perhaps the same as a human would if trying to move something through some form of telekinetics'.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

You know I think that perhaps certain conditions are needed. We can't sit on the cheap plastic patio chairs during the fall/winter time here. Every time we do we get a static zap so we all switched to metal ones with rubber arm rests and cushions or wood bar stools.
I think there has to be a certain amount of energy present in the first place for them to be able to manipulate it. Perhaps the same as a human would if trying to move something through some form of telekinetics'.

Well, Many paranormal investigators believe in the same theory. For ghosts or spirits to manifest themselves, people believe they have to draw energy from around them hence where the concept of cold-spots come from.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

We all know what ghosts are supposed to be!

I believe in spirits but not that they can interact with matter directly. I believe this because if there is an hereafter it should have a different kind of time. Not the predictable kind of time we experience but different zones where movement is different to the spectator but not to any being living in such a zone. So a being in one zone could believe a day has passed while a being in a different zone believes 100 days have passed.

So because I believe time is not the same in the here after as in the living world it would be impossible for any spirit to manifest here, suppose a spirit would want to, it would see our reality as a kind of blur with lots of things happening but to try and catch a moment of it means it is looking at our past, which can't be interacted with because to the living that moment has already gone by.

I do believe it is possible for the living to communicate with the deceased as difficult as it may be. In that case a spirit might influence matter (the physical brain) just as a living spirit inhabits a body and interacts with it. By influencing the living they could influence matter (but in a "normal" way, no telekinesis or anything). If such things are possible at all I would figure it is an ability of the physical brain (to interact with physical objects), which a spirit just doesn't have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join