It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Call Wal-Mart Gangs E-Mail Hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Police Call Wal-Mart Gangs E-Mail Hoax

www.msnbc.msn.com

Police departments in Florida issued an alert on Thursday regarding a possible e-mail hoax about gang initiations at area Wal-Marts.

Law enforcement agencies in Florida and Georgia reported the mass e-mail and text burst was sent out regarding prospective members having to murder two to three women at a Wal-Mart in order to join the gang.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
urbanlegends.about.com
weeklyworldnews.com

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I really have a problem with Hoaxes, and where they start at. I mean if I were a competitor of a particular chain that was doing really good and taking lot of my would be business and I couldn't feed my family, I might call go with the old saying Desperate Times call for Deperate Measures. Actually I would probably just go find another line of business to get in or see if I could integrate my product with thiers some how and basically Monopolize the economy. =-) ...

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Mudering people especially at a public place isnt a very good "initiation."

I mean, should you succeed you're most definitely going to prison for life if not getting outright executed.

A pretty short "gang" career even by gang career standards.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Trouble is with even hoaxes is that someone believes them, there'll be some 'intellectually challenged' individual who'll give it a go, even though they won't know what gang they're supposed to be joining.
And its a sad state of affairs for someone to produce the email. if they find that person they should lock them up as if they have had 'done the deed' themselves , like 3 life sentences or execution.
That might deter someone from doing similar email hoaxes.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
That is VERY CRITICAL .. As it could have been someone that was just JOSHING around .. Although yes this would deter criminals or organizations from producing such Trash about other organizations. Although I believe we should start Killin the Murders and Cut off hands of thiefs and maybe back to lashes to people doing certain things. YES! I believe we have PAIN for a certain reason ... Otherwise we would just die ... PEOPLE have been give PAIN for reasons ... And Im not talking ... TOTOOING pain or any of the sort ... I am talking raw tear your flesh from your back PAIN ....

Originally posted by DataWraith
Trouble is with even hoaxes is that someone believes them, there'll be some 'intellectually challenged' individual who'll give it a go, even though they won't know what gang they're supposed to be joining.
And its a sad state of affairs for someone to produce the email. if they find that person they should lock them up as if they have had 'done the deed' themselves , like 3 life sentences or execution.
That might deter someone from doing similar email hoaxes.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Must have been a pretty sick individual who think that inciting people to kill women at wal-mart is just Joshing and that it's 'fun' to suggest the people should do it.
I think we should lock up people who do that kind of nonsense for fun.
And yes , we should bring back corporal punishment for such crimes as murder, ( here in the Uk we don't ), but unfortunately we get the bored youngsters who think its 'jolly good sport' to phone for an emergency vehicle, police, ambulance or firetruck on a hoax call out.
Don't people realise the that they're actions could cause the death of an innocent?
Yes jail time would be an acceptable punishment for such stupidity.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I live in southeast Georgia. When I heard about the gang initiation I canceled going to the gym and went to my daughters business until closing time at 9pm.

Pity whoever was up to no good as I had a pistol in each pocket. Daughter and her husband were armed also.

Later we found out it was a hoax.

I have friends in other Ga. cities and they were very afraid.

Whoever did this needs to be made an example of.

top topics

join