It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Panel Says World Should Ditch The Dollar As World Reserve Currency!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

The New World Order is another very pertinent angle on this...

No it's not! The US Dollar is tanking and if everybody else remains trading in USD, they will go the same way pronto. It makes no business sense at all! The US started this global meltdown and now it's a conspiracy against you?

Listen to yourself man!

Are you suggesting other countries sacrifice their own economies and starve for you?

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
reply to post by kozmo

Protectionist barriers are the last thing America needs

Its time to admit that the American Empire is burning out,

it was a good run

Welcome the Chinese empire

Oh, I don't disagree with that. However, America rose on its own - from its own ingenuity, manufacturing and consumption. This country is replete with raw materials including minerals and energy. The rest of the world needs America more than America needs it. Yes, "protectionism" will cause major corporations to fall - so be it! These multi-national corporations are BAD for the entire world. From pollution, to use of toxic ingredients, to slave wages etc... they are no longer useful in the new paradigm.

So again, I say I could care less what the UN thinks or does - they are worthless wind-bags. You cannot arbitrarily create a "Basket of currencies" to use as your reserve currency. The whole notion of a reserve currency requires that it be in demand by other countries - that is why it can be traded. Sadly, there are very few countries with the wealth and resources to back up their currency. Just look at the Euro!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
No it's not! The US Dollar is tanking and if everybody else remains trading in USD, they will go the same way pronto. It makes no business sense at all! The US started this global meltdown and now it's a conspiracy against you?

Listen to yourself man!

Are you suggesting other countries sacrifice their own economies and starve for you?

IRM

That is laughable!
The dollar is faring much better than most currencies. I guess it's fashionable to blame all of this on the United States
I don't recall the United States mandating that ANYONE, ANYWHERE purchase US Securities, derivatives etc... I don't recall any US mandate that told other people in other countries how to spend their money. The domino affect taking place here is due to the irresponsible actions of banks and governments all around the world, not just the US. In fact, many countries currencies were failing waaaaaaay before this global recession took place. Maybe if so many other countries hadn't relied so heavily on US consumption for their own economies then they wouldn't be sharing in the pain, eh?

How simple-minded and convenient to point the finger and blame America for all of this.
OH, and by the way, NO ONE in America expects you to starve to save our economy. We'll be just fine thanks.

Oh yeah... One more thing. It was hundreds of Billions of American TAX DOLLARS that went through AIG to bail out the irresponsible foreign banks. So, in reality, Americans are likely to starve to help YOUR economies!

[edit on 20-3-2009 by kozmo]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

LOL! Keep those blinkers on man. I'm sure the global meltdown will pass you by harmlessly with your head in the sand!

BTW, the USD is nothing but monopoly money... print..print...print. You guys will cause a global ink shortage next!

IRM

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Dude, EVERYONE is going to be affected by this. I never said the US wouldn't have its share of problems as a result. But I know my country and I know that its citizens will reorganize and become productive again. So, yes, I will keep my blinkers (Blinders) on!

OH, one more thing regarding your comment on our currency being "Monopoly money"... It's ALL monopoly money friend - ALL of it! Again, the Euro is an arbitrary piece of paper just like the USD. That is why you can't simply make a staement from the UN regarding our NEW reserve currency - it HAS to be in demand. Last I checked, USD was still in high demand.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

The world reserve currency has long been the dollar. There are many reasons for that...the but largest one being for financial stability of the world. Thats right...the world. If you would care to investigate...I suggest you start here:

www.iht.com...

The U.N.'s proposal is not to bring about world stability, it is to bring about the opposite...financial instability. That in turn will put the whole world in the hands of a few elite decisions makers, that will intun enslave the world.

My main objection to a basket currency is that it will not benefit mankind, only the few who wish to rid the world of the common people.

It is in my best interest to be a citizen of a country that holds it's own sovereign currency. That is the bottom line.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
However, America rose on its own - from its own ingenuity, manufacturing and consumption. This country is replete with raw materials including minerals and energy. The rest of the world needs America more than America needs it.

Exactly! And I too could care less what the U.N. wants...they can go suck eggs!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

While I agree with St.Udio almost all of the time...I also agree that this is a scam...I posted a thread about the hegelian dialectic, how it is being used here in this financial meltdown to rope a dope the masses!
It is called management by crisis

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
UN is right , time to stop the evil american empire from raping the world ,

dollar is instable and must be ditched as it is going to hyperinflate in future ..

dollar must be replaced by yuan .

three cheers to yuan

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Excellent point...this is all about the one world govenment. This is not about money...this move to a basket currency as the world reserve is the step before a one world currency. A one world currency is about enslaving the people. The elite are the Bondmen

Read about the Hegelian Dialectic and Bonman and Bonded here:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

You have absolutley no idea what you are talking about...

Proof Here

And more Proof here

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

That is laughable! The dollar is faring much better than most currencies. I guess it's fashionable to blame all of this on the United States

this is just a short term change ,that US dollar is strong , due to dollar leaving current accounts of other countries (refer to Peter Schiff) as FII/FDI money is being pulled thus reducing the amount of dollars in the foreign country , due to which value of dollar is rising , also the life and death of US empire is dependent on the mood of the only economic-financial superpower China , who are still funding your debt ridden and bankrupt USA and are still being merciful to your beggar nation USA
reply to post by burntheships

but economist Peter Schiff , the former soros fund manager Jim Rogers disagrees with you

bbs.chinadaily.com.cn...

Persaud has long argued that the dollar would give way to the Chinese yuan as a global reserve currency within decades. A shared reserve currency might negate this move, he said, but he believed that China would still like to take on the role.
gata.org...

[edit on 20-3-2009 by sadchild01]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by sadchild01]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
At some point Americans must realize that Congress, and the Federal Reserve system that permits the creation of new money by fiat, are the real culprits in the erosion of your personal savings and buying power. Congress relentlessly spends more than the Treasury collects in taxes each year, which means the U.S. government must either borrow or print money to operate-- both of which cause the value of the dollar to drop. When we borrow a billion dollars every day simply to run the government, and when the Federal Reserve increases the money supply by trillions of dollars in just 15 years, we hardly can expect our dollars to increase in value.

And further any basket currency as the worlds reserve currency will also be fiat money. Used by the Bondman to slave the Bonded.

The Bondman and the Bonded

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
People talk about the UN in reverential terms as if it's some idealistic body of philanthropists that protects mankind. It's more like a Dictators Club.

How many of you know much about the nearly 200 countries that make it up, all with a vote in the General Assembly. A few dozen countries where there is representation by the populace, the other 75% are run by oligarchies that have keep their people in virtual slavery, military dictatorships where the current regime seized control from the previous thugs, vicious potentates, greedy despots, and every other variety of cutthroat leadership to plague mankind.

A large share of the UN members are beyond redemption failing or failed states looking for every opportunity to turn the knife into their more successful and progressive counterparts.

The UN participated actively in the scandalously abused oil controls on Iraq with a trail right to the top, Kof Annan. Their peacekeepers usually do nothing except become sources of new problems. A fortune is spent by rich and poor countries, so that government favourite sons can get a prestige job giving lip service to international concerns.

When the UN objects to something it means very little. A hundred criminal regimes are just supporting one of their kind, most often. Look at their scandalous record on human rights abuse and genocide throughout the Middle East and Africa. The non-issues they bring up to appear proactive act as deflection from their inability and unwillingness to address major issues the world faces collectively.

Mike F

[edit on 20-3-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks, Yes they never tell all. There is always more to it than meets the eye. They have made these comments public. What's next. Credits. We may even get extra credits for signing up, of course I wont be one to participate, then I'll be considered anti-government and a terrorist. Thank God I live rural and can fend for myself. Guess I'm a girl warrior. Ive also been Specializing in survival skills. Since September 15th, when the DOW dropped 777 points. Get what I'm saying?

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Hear you loud and clear!
Second Line.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Excellent points! Why is it the world is still blind to the sins of the
United Nations?

Great Article on the Sins of the Untited Nations!

These days nobody but rock stars, actors and grade school kids still seem to love, trust or have much confidence in the United Nations. And Nathan Tabor, a conservative columnist, political activist and founder of the Web site TheConservativeVoice.com, can tell you more than a few good reasons why. The title of his new book, "The Beast on the East River: The U.N. Threat to America's Sovereignty and Security," gives away his major theme. I talked to him by telephone on Tuesday from his home near Winston-Salem, N.C.:

www.pittsburghlive.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

No problem, as long as they pay the 1.5 billion dollars debt they owe the UN first, Small change in the grand scheme....

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Everyone is focusing on the AIG bonuses and ignoring what the Fed announced the other day and Geithner the other week!
The value of the dollar is being destroyed right in front of our eyes!

When the Federal Reserve met in January they voted on buying long term Treasury bonds, The vote was 1-9 against.

This week they announced that they are going to buy $300 billion in long term Treasury bonds, Vote 10-0 for.

This is in addition to 750 billion of mortgage-backed securities this year, raising its total purchase commitment for those securities to 1.25 trillion.

Where is the Fed going to get over $1 trillion? The Fed will create it out of thin air, will buy long term Treasury bills and mortgage backed securities.

Our money is going to be worthless, inflation is now at the back door!

And how many of you paid attention to Geithner's new bank rescue program? It includes a plan to generate about 1 trillion in new consumer lending and to eliminate up to 1 trillion of banks’ bad assets!

Then the Obama budget - $3.55 trillion!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01
UN is right , time to stop the evil american empire from raping the world ,

dollar is instable and must be ditched as it is going to hyperinflate in future ..

dollar must be replaced by yuan .

three cheers to yuan

Don't know much about foreign currencies, do you? The Yuan is pegged to the dollar.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join