U.N. Panel Says World Should Ditch The Dollar As World Reserve Currency!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Remember what I've been saying people.

By the end of this year the decoupling talk will turn into action.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The US economy is so sound that the other world countries are just jealous of it.

It sure seems to me that a lot of the world is still trying to wrap their heads around the fact that the traditional economic system is not sustainable and something beyond 'plain old profits' greed-based corpratocracy is not working anymore.

I may have some investments in gold, but a gold standard is not the way to go either - so what ought the world do?

Maybe determine something which has real value as a reserve currency? What has real value? Gold? Oil? Land? People? Freedom?
Fiat money is only valid in a continual industrial growth model. It no longer applies once the world becomes saturated in goods and finished products. Consumerism as a business and economic model is not going to work anymore, so we need to base a system off of something which has actual, real value. What is that?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
A point that I was was trying to make and failed because of my anger to the Govts.

The point - I do not want the Global economy like it is. The world is turning into the thing that is killing america. I don't like it when I don't know that I have traveled to another place. Everything is losing what made it unique, what made it great.

People are losing the very thing that is needed in this world, to keep a little separation. A little separation, different monies, culture, etc, keep the scum from sinking us all under.

With everything the same, it makes it easy for them to control too much.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The World Reserve Currency could be a country with the cash to back it up.

Remember the Rank Order by Current account balance?

1 China $ 368,200,000,000 2008 est.
2 Germany $ 267,100,000,000 2008 est.
3 Japan $ 187,800,000,000 2008 est.
4 Saudi Arabia $ 151,000,000,000 2008 est.
5 Russia $ 97,600,000,000 2008 est
184 France $ -58,000,000,000 2008 est.
185 Italy $ -68,820,000,000 2008 est.
186 United Kingdom $ -72,540,000,000 2008 est.
187 Spain $ -152,500,000,000 2008 est.
188 United States $ -568,800,000,000 2008 est.

www.cia.gov...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here's my take: Who gives a [Mod edit: user warned for foul language]!?!? First, we'll stop funding the UN since we'll be too poor to prop up that sorry sack of [more foul language] communist organization.. Let the rest of the world do it!

Next, since the dollar has no intrinsic value, we'll erect HUGE trade protection policies. Tarrifs on imports will be taxed at hundreds of percent! This way we can assure that our worthless dollars remain in our worthless country (Nice idea UN, shut down a full third of the consuming market - should do wonders for the global economy!:dn

Since the dollar will be trashed
there won't be much of a need to export goods since raw materials will be too expensive and we'll receive very little capital in return. So, ok rest of the world, kiss a vast portion of technology and R&D goodbye!

And finally, the best of all, we will bring a vast majority of jobs back into the US! Why bother manufacturing overseas if it can be done cheaper, without tarrif, without cartage, right here in the US!? Especially since companies will have their ass taxed off trying to bring the goods back in anyway.

Yeah, you really thought this one out, eh UN? What a worthless bag of wind!
Sounds like a brilliant plan - take a basket of [mod edit for more foul language] currencies and trade against that!
Last time I checked there were about half a dozen currencies that really had any value anyway. Good luck with that genius plan!
The whole reason that the dollar became the reserve currency to begin with was due to the strength of American ingenuity, manufacturing and consumption which led to a demand in dollars. Do you asshats at the UN honestly think that you can arbitrarily name a new "Basket of currencies" and that it will be in demand because you morons said so!? This is another reason why the US needs to stop pissing away tax dollars on funding these fools!

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19 Mar 09 by Gools]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Not likely somehow.

Imagine if the rest of the world banned US products in retaliation?

Everything from Ford cars to McDonalds..

It would be a 'Bye Bye' USA scenario.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
On the bright side, your multi trillion dollar debt will be written off.

Smart work.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Let's watch the vulgarity and automated censor circumventions of swear words shall we?

Please stay on topic and play nice.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

It seems like a global credit system. Part of the NWO. It will get very intersting in April! Off to buy another can of spam.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

No one has cash or gold to back it up. That is why they will devalue all currencies and have a global credit system. The IMF printing money out of thin air is part of the plot.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Protectionist barriers are the last thing America needs

Its time to admit that the American Empire is burning out,

it was a good run

Welcome the Chinese empire

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
RFID chipping to upload your banking info to is their only shot at making this work. I can get chipped now for 200 US dollars but soon it will be free. It will be paperless and completely digital, or electronic transactions. They will save on identity theft, etc, etc. You might want to upload your medical info too, next will be global medical, Free to all.

I know there are a lot of Bible bashers out there but you are welcomed to take me on. It's very interesting!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

"Protectionist" Is one of the G20's favorite words. My theory is it will be more of a silent protest, than a Civil war scenario. No one can stop it. I'll bet there is an Increase at the survival supply stores! Not seen since the fall of Lehman Brothers.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

First of all I would like to say that I am not employed in any financial sector, so my views are just those of a layman. I have no expertise in world economics, the world of finance and banking, but I do follow the financial media. I am going to assume that you are in a very emotional mood judging by the tone and content of all that post.

I'm sure no fine upstanding American would leave a bar without paying his/her tab, so on the same token, if you intend leaving the UN, please settle up the 1.5 Billion dollar debt you have before you close the door on the way out.

www.betterworldcampaign.org...

There is absolutely no point in the US spitting the pacifier out and "taking their bat and ball home" As has been pointed out earlier in the thread, both the US and the EU need each other to get through all of this. GOD how I hate to say this because it was a quote from someone who I truly loathe but... "Global crises call for Global solutions" or something like that and the only reason he says that is so that other countries will help to pull the UK out of the sh*t. If ever there was a shape-shifting reptile, he's the man

I really do not agree that "China is the problem," and to suggest so is just playground mentality. China didn't get the US into the mess that she is in. She just lent them money when they asked and now that the US has all this debt to pay back and the banks toxic assets have blown up in their faces, suddenly the creditor becomes the problem? Sorry but that just makes me laugh...it is BS.

Huge gangs of chinese are already deployed in oil rich states around the world now building roads, hospitals etc etc. Their Gov't have done the deals with various world governments to secure their supply of oil and raw materials for the next 25 years. OK it looks like they may have paid over the odd's for all of that but non the less the deal is done and its one less headache. There is an example of a Government thinking ahead instead of one that makes short term policies which will do nothing but secure their next terms in office.... more BS

It comes as no surprise to me that the UN are suggesting the scrapping of the dollar as the world reserve currency, I just wonder what took them so long to come to this conclusion. I mean why would you want all your reserves in the currency of a country's who's debt is over 60 trillion dollars and it seems to be on the brink of collapse.

OK, traditionally the dollar has been the worlds currency of safe haven in times of crisis but no more, it pays to have your risk spread. Pity all those greedy banking staff couldn't see that. There again, they were only thinking about the short term business to secure another term of bonuses.

I hope it does not all turn out as bad as I imagine it will,

PEACE,
RK

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
For those who would like to know what has been happening and can actually take a serious interest:

The world has been playing the same game for 50 years - it is ALL ABOUT OIL.

Iraq was about oil, Iran is about oil, and Israel is ALL about oil.

There were three serious emerging threats to the wests oil requirements long term - China and India as emerging users while Russia and Iran were emerging as new regional powers through super high oil prices. Now these oil prices were fine and dandy whilst the western major oil players were getting rich - however when it became glaringly obvious that America had lost Iraq and would have to withdraw and quietly acquiesce the country to the shia and the foregone conclusion that a new super state will emerge in the form of Persia. (Watch what happens to Saudi Arabia - mark my words).

The Chinese were representing a serious and prolonged threat epsecially in Africa - south America was also slippping - so something had to be done to stop the relentless surge of Russia, China, Iran and the downward spiral of the US. So oil prices were deliberately pushed through the roof - this massive spike in prices forced a re-evaluation of the true cost of the worlds financials as the cost of literally EVERYTHING sky rocketed as every item on this planet is linked to oil.

This was a deliberate and calculated move to force a global recession - depriving China, Russia and Iran of revenue and power - war is waged financially - get with it.

The responses you are seeing here are the first volleys in retaliation in this escalating financial warfare. The reality is that this will, without doubt, turn into a hot war, we are going to see world wide resource wars within 5 years.

Shell today pulled all backing of any development of any alternative energy declaring that there is no point at all. Russia has declared a full scale re-armament by 2011 - Hugo Chavez has seized the ports in venezuela. China and America have already started posturing off the coast of Taiwan. Mexico as you all know is already in a state of semi disarray, this will be the staging post for the US to strike at Venezuela as they seek to seize their resources. Any resistance from Cuba will be met with fury - the recent deployment of Chinese and Russian militray tech in much of south America should be sign enough.

I do not want any of this to be true - as the next war although not debilitating on the people as much as ww1 and ww2 - as it will be fought over resources in remote areas - will still be horrifying as desperation and scarcity grips major areas of population. (Is not over ideals - rather resources - civilians will not be targeted per se).

The coming oil wars, and resource wars in particular are going to be the greatest challenge humanity ever faced.

All of this will simply serve to hasten the effects of climate change which - without the warfare - will be catastrophic without immediate action - with the warfare - it may well be apocalyptic..

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

I wonder if it dawned on anyone that the Feds may have created this mess. It reminds me of those who know they are in debt will max out their credit only to file bankruptcy, as a solution. It seems like a sinister plot but only a theory. How else does the world plan to get out of this burdening debt? Yes I agree it’s global and China isn’t the problem. They are still buying our toxic debt. Lets hope the treasuries bubble doesn’t burst. They may be worried that FDIC doesnt have enough to cover all the bank failures. That is why I suspect the US will hop on board.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I agree with all your World War 3 participants. They’ve cut back on the production of oil to get it back above 50.00 per barrel. Iran needs the price to reach 70 a barrel to keep their economy running. That’s one thing I love about it. I don’t know if we should expect deflation, stagflation or inflation but what you describe sounds like all out Hyperinflation. Scary!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by audas

I agree with all your World War 3 participants. They’ve cut back on the production of oil to get it back above 50.00 per barrel. Iran needs the price to reach 70 a barrel to keep their economy running. That’s one thing I love about it. I don’t know if we should expect deflation, stagflation or inflation but what you describe sounds like all out Hyperinflation. Scary!

People are seriously unprepared for the mental reality of what is going on around them - the UK bailout will not just mildly - but severely- impact the country for 10 -15 years. They are cancelling all rail upgrades, turning off street lights and #ting town halls to save money. The London Olympics may be the first to be cancelled since the war. Spooky stuff.

America is bankrupt - completely default- but no one can admit that as everyone is linked - best to slowly divest yourself of the burden as save as much as a you can.

The US will default - absolutely - I would bet that it will start the much rumoured Amero and declare the NAFTA more than just an agreement. Switching to the Amero would bring ten years of currency pain - but that is coming anyway - and would be a good opportunity to fudge the figures on debt or even write it off.

The oil crisis hit the world in 2006 - with $US127+ dollars a barrel it was clear as the nose on your face we were past the crest of peak oil.

The crisis was absolutely managed as a reaction to peak oil, to wage financial war and the future enemies of the US and cripple them to hamstring their efforts to build up millitary defenses.

The war in Iraq was a rapid technology spurt delivered to integrate the doctrine of total battle field awareness - this is being put to the test in the most extreme ways in Afghanastan and more importantly Pakistan with ground soldiers delivering real time vision along with remote aircraft sensing aircraft returning to and information stream to the US for immediate action via alternative remote aircraft for laser guided / gps initiated strikes - which will be the method of warfare for the US in the upcoming resource wars.

Iran will be taken out completely leaving a swathe of American bases stertching from Egypt - israel - Saudi Arabia - Iraq - Turkey - Iran under invasion - and Afghanistan occupied - one continuous stretch from the Nile to the Caspian sea under US occupation - the ONLY country standing in the way of completeing this right now is Iran - God help them.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
China will sell now slowly to get as much as possible back.

read the article here:

www.newsdaily.com...

part of the news:

"TOKYO, Mar. 19, 2009 (Reuters) — The role of the U.S. dollar as the key global currency will decline after the financial crisis, and its value may also weaken due to America's current account deficit, officials at some of Asia's top think tanks said.
But Asia, which is heavily invested in U.S. assets, hopes any decline in the dollar will be gradual to avoid further shocks to financial systems, the officials said on Thursday.

"The dollar's role will gradually be shifted," Zhang Yunling, director of Institute of Asian and Pacific Studies at Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, told a news conference in Tokyo after a meeting of Asian research groups.

"China hopes to have a stable and gradual transition rather than a radical revolution," he added"

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

A chilling and very well written piece

Regarding your comment about Saudi Arabia and oil, the Sauds at a recent OPEC meeting in Vienna issued a statement that was picked up on a recent thread here, pleading for nations not to follow aggressive renewable energy policies:

Unproven oil alternatives could spell disasater say Saudis

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join