It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News - Invade Canada? … NAU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Fox News has a link titled “Should the US attack Canada?” to this video: Invade Canada?

Let me start with an embarrassed apology from one American. I’m sorry that, although these “professionals” were trying to funny, it portrayed ALL Americans as being arrogant and flippant. The vast majority of us are not.

The video discusses the statement made a Canadian Lt. Gen. to the Senate. "In the mid-term and beginning in July 2011, we will have to explore the possibility of taking a short operational break ... of at least one year." The video does bring up some valid questions (although in an extremely condescending way). These are some quotes:

Isn’t this the perfect time to invade that country? They have no army.

…And the Canadians are just basically telling the Russians to come on over.

Evil doers saying thanks for the heads up on that year thing, Canada.

Canada starts this, who’s our other border? Mexico, they’re gonna start relying on our army too. Remember, it’s not Canada, it’s Mexico that likes the siestas, it’s happening.

Would Canada be able to get away with this if they didn’t share a border with the most powerful country in the universe?

Is this the overt military beginnings of the North American Union? I think it is.

The Lt. General DID make these statements. It’s disturbing, to say the least.

cbcnews.ca

Lt.-Gen. Andrew Leslie told the Senate defence committee Monday that the Canadian Forces have been strained by the mission that began seven years ago and need time to regroup.

"In the mid-term and beginning in July 2011, we will have to explore the possibility of taking a short operational break, that is well-organized and synchronized, of at least one year," he said.

A break may be needed, Leslie said, because the military is suffering from shortages of personnel, particularly experienced senior officers, as well as equipment.

Vehicles aren't being repaired because the military lacks skilled mechanics and technicians, he said. And as more vehicles break down, he added, fewer are available for soldiers to train on before deploying to Afghanistan.

Citing figures from last month, Leslie said 33 per cent of the army's light-armoured vehicles (LAVs) are out of service, along with 76 per cent of its Coyotes, 100 per cent of its tracked light-armoured vehicles (TLAVs), 73 per cent of its Bisons and 71 per cent of its Leopard tanks.

"This situation is extremely serious because the number and types of equipment that have to be repaired and replaced continues to increase at a rapid pace, and their use is much greater than planned when they were originally purchased," Leslie said.

[edit on 19/3/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The thing about Canada is this..

We are a very patient and polite people (for the most part), but once the fuse is lit, there is no going back.

In other words, don't fear the Canadian army so much...fear the people!!!

But on a lighter note. We do pay attention to the news in the U.S. and if Fox wants to make jokes, we will just laugh along with the rest.

after all, it is just FOX news..

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

So what do you think? Is this the beginnings of the NAU?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

So what do you think? Is this the beginnings of the NAU?

I don't think that there is anywhere near enough panic yet.

The powers that be will have to create utter chaos in order to "save the people"with their grand plan.
Although most on forums such as ATS are aware of what is happening, the majority of the rest are not and if the economy crashes and there is a solution, I fear that the NWO will not have that much of a problem convincing the majority to take whatever is offered.

That is my fear....

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The North American Union (NAU) already been discussed at length certain circles that are not considered "alternative". The failing economy and security issues will drive the institution of the NAU. The problems in Mexico and the border along with this year long hiatus of the Canadian military will force the issue of U.S. national security only being gained through the U.S. protecting North America as a whole.

Next up... the Amero.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I thought americans were educated enough to know Canada is a great ally?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
I thought americans were educated enough to know Canada is a great ally?

Did you read the post or just the title?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Are these fools serious? I sure hope not. There is no shame in a tactical withdrawal. And yes, they are correct on one point: the Canadian Forces do not have the manpower, or the amount of armour and military aircraft that our American counterparts do.

I think the Canadian Forces are starting to realize that the Afghan war cannot be won militarily. Even the British commander Brigadier Mark Carleton-Smith acknowledges this fact in an article here: www.alertnet.org...

We have fought and died many times alongside our American brothers. However we will only lift our swords if the cause is just and in defense of our nation. Not in the name of aggression.

The Canadian Millitary has a long and honourable tradition of bravery and sacrifice.

These fools need a history lesson.

ASAP.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Invade Canada? Well ... okay ... but only the English speaking part. I wouldn't want the US to absorb the French speaking part. They are snooty.

Canada has great beer and fantastic ice cream. They also understand that HOCKEY is the most intense and most fantastic sport on the planet.
I love the countryside up there and we try to vacation there often. Last time we were there we walked around an abandoned quarry and found fossiles from the old sea bed. The taxes sucked but the people were really nice.

To Amerimexicanada ... minus the frenchies in quebec.

First order of business ... get rid of the Canadian version of The Weather Channel. It was worthless. Expand the Atlanta based version of The Weather Channel to include the new Canadian States.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
IMHO,
This is literally a general asking for more money for military supplies. The best way to get more money for the military is to exaggerate the need. The place to express these opinions, for a General needing money, is to the senate, which appropriates funds (if I remember correctly).Yes, it is insane that fox news would even place this topic up for discussion. It seems like something we would be discussing here, not something a so called news site would post (no slight to the posters here, you know what I am saying).

No, we would not and should not ever invade Canada. Doing so would forever change the polarity in the global balance of power. Along with that Canada is a great neighbor. How many border patrols do we have in Michgan? Not many. We would no longer have any allies; we would be on the side of the bad guys. We, being the USA.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Invade Canada? Well ... okay ... but only the English speaking part. I wouldn't want the US to absorb the French speaking part. They are snooty.

Canada has great beer and fantastic ice cream. They also understand that HOCKEY is the most intense and most fantastic sport on the planet.
I love the countryside up there and we try to vacation there often. Last time we were there we walked around an abandoned quarry and found fossiles from the old sea bed. The taxes sucked but the people were really nice.

To Amerimexicanada ... minus the frenchies in quebec.

First order of business ... get rid of the Canadian version of The Weather Channel. It was worthless. Expand the Atlanta based version of The Weather Channel to include the new Canadian States.

Unfortunately FlyersFan I think it's gonna be an all or nothing kind of thing. Now, as far as Mexico goes, the coasts are good but what do you think of the other parts??

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dookie Master
Doing so would forever change the polarity in the global balance of power.

Okay Dookie (haha just had to say that) ... why do you say it would "forever change the polarity in the global balance of power." Yes, it is a magnificent sounding sentence, but it makes no sense. What do you mean?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Now, as far as Mexico goes, the coasts are good but what do you think of the other parts??

Excellent beaches. Fantastic tourist potential. Great growing season for crops. Excellent source for for those willing labor (as opposed to a lot of lazy Americans that we have now). It would be a bit of a drain for a while on our police force and environmentally Mexico City is a mess, but I think we could clean it up very well and integrate Amerimexicanada very, very, well.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Being an English Canadian who was born and raised and still lives in the French part, I am completely speechless to what I witnessed in the OPs link.

I guess they never took military history, since Canada has won many major battles in both world wars (when the states did not want to even come in) and guess what, most of those batallions were from the French Part.

Dont worry I dont think all americans are like the brainless snobs who took part in that video. All I can say is that Americans are the most brainwashed people in this world, since they like to listen to pure hate-filled crap like this.

I know that there is more intelligence in the states than those retards (in video) but how come their voices are not heard from more. The world only hears from the schmucks you have running (or should I say ruining) your country.

When will your civil war start, cause your neighbors will be there to help the cause. WE the people was how I thought it was started, .....

the best province in Canada, is the Quebec province. and when the # hits the fan, we are sitting on the best area to hid in. It aint called the Canadian Shield for nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
Being an English Canadian who was born and raised and still lives in the French part, I am completely speechless to what I witnessed in the OPs link.

Yeah pretty bad huh?

the best province in Canada, is the Quebec province. and when the # hits the fan, we are sitting on the best area to hid in. It aint called the Canadian Shield for nothing.

I thought it was the Canadian Shield because of where it was physically, very close to Russia. I think that's why they're talking about the Canadian military taking a year off will mean that the U.S. will have to step in... to "shield" North America.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Understanding the balance of power is crucial when talking about international relations. When we (US) goes to war our allies are already laid out for us. Canada is in, UK is in, Austrailia is in, etc...By invading an ally we basically void all of those STRONG allegences. Think about the public outrage when France, a typical western ally, decided not to blindly follow our lead. This is because the balance of power, meaning the western allies vs. the others (now terrorist harboring nations, at other times Fascists, etc...) was not followed as it traditionally had been.

What you were asking about is forever turning the US against our traditional western allies. We (US) are a strong nation because we (US) has strong allies. Of course, there will be the argument us (USA) against the world, but in the era of globalization that is hogwash. If you need to look it up search Hegemonic theory. It is the overall study of balance of power and how it relates to international relations.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

It means we would switch our side. From being good guys (western nation aligned) to being bad guys (anything the consensus of western nations is against). Search hegemonic theory it explains everything to do with realism (might is right) in international relations. We would be screwed because we have such a nice niche (like that alliteration?), the only significant non-ally we have in the region is Cuba.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Our dollar is very strong, we're not interested in the Amero.

We would just devalue our economy if we joined up with the NAU.

Little kink in the NAU's plan there...

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Fox News has a link titled “Should the US attack Canada?” to this video: Invade Canada?

Its this kind of attitude being portrayed as normal and humourous stirs dislike and distrust towards Americans.

Those people should be beaten unconscious with their own arms.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This reminds me of John Candy.

The movie Canadian Bacon.

This is just all non-sence. There is no point in doing anything like this to Canada. This is just stupid.

It is amazing, that there used to be something to talk about maybe once a month.

This last 8 months, it's multiple times a day.

I think they are just trying to wear us all out so we give up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join