It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Angels and Demons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The truth of the doctrine of angelic and demonic powers is that there are supra-individual structures of goodness, and supra-individual structures of evil. Angels and Demons are mythological names for constructive and destructive powers of being, which are ambiguously interwoven and which fight with each other in the same person, in the same social group, and in the same historical situation. They are not beings but powers of being dependent on the whole structure of existence and involved in the ambiguous life.

This is from Paul Tillichs "Systematic Theology" under "Existence"

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I agree with this, as it is plain to see.

But do you think that these two polarities could at all be embodied in some form and in some existence separate to this one??
I mean, surely there has to be a source for each, right?

[edit on 19/3/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I too agree completely with the above. In fact I was trying to explain this very thing to someone the other day but I couldn't think of the best words to describe it. However, I will remember these words from now on.

It is my belief that there is an enormous growing amount of "demonic" activity around our planet at the moment and the only way that we can combat this presence is by pure meditation and thought. i.e good & bad

[edit on 19-3-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yes there is a source.

It's called Yahweh my friend or look up YHWH for the actual Hebrew translation.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

This would make harmful bacteria and virus as demonic entities..

new topics

top topics

join